• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lollibast

Captain
38 Badges
Jan 26, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Iron Cross
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
Hi, first of all, CORE is awesom,e but research is a bit obscure. Some techs need prerequisites to unlok that are on another research tab, so I can't see which ones they are. I just try to guess which ones are needed and that's a bit frustraing. Also, some techs are red/blocked like industrial economy for SU. Some hint says Su lacks advances in electronics, aviation and theoretical research to be considred an industrialised country. Is that technology unlocked when I research he appropriate techs? If so which ones are those exactly? Is there a manual? I read about an outdated one but haven't been able to find one.

Yes, the tech tree gets some time to get used to. I´m not sure whether the manual will actually help you there, because there have been some thorough changes since the manual was written.

There are several different economic paths in the tech tree. Basically one for democracies, one for paternal autocrats/dictatorships and one for SOV. SOV gets IC via events if they choose to follow the 5 year plan. Democracies follow the economic recovery path and will get some techs like small arms early in 1939. GER on the other hand follows the military recovery path that gives more bonuses early compared to the other path, but they cannot unlock small arms 1939 - its effects are already included in the military recovery path.

Electronics for non industrialized countries usually have light industry tech of the next generation as prerequisit, e.g. light industry 1938 to unlock electronics 1937.

Some techs are blocked in the setup and can never be researched by a country, mostly depending on their economic development status, others are unlocked yia event (e.g. special projects for the USA). You can look up the prerequisits in the db file.

ok, thank you. i had alookat the db tech files. but basically Soviet union can never becomme an industrialised country or is there a way to unlock that tech?

AFAIK the development level will not change (the time frame is too short). National identity and/or social policy may change in some cases via event, but the player can´t change them by himself.