• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Because a United Kingdom without a King,is impossible :p

Roman? :p what do you think about Edward VIII?He is better than George V

Edward is weak and impotent.He and his descendants are unfit to rule.

But, Roman von Ungern-Sternberg (as King-Emperor of the Holy ENGLISH Empire*) will bring the Empire to a Golden Age that will last for ten thousand of ten thousand years.

*This is the name that will be used in the Empire

But a King without Power?King must have power!Remove George V and place a real king to led UK agains foreign oppresions! :angry:

Bah, Lord Protectors are the way to go.

Edward is weak and impotent.He and his descendants are unfit to rule.

But, Roman von Ungern-Sternberg (as King-Emperor of the Holy ENGLISH Empire*) will bring the Empire to a Golden Age that will last for ten thousand of ten thousand years.

*This is the name that will be used in the Empire

Man,Edward can be weak,but is better than nothing!Placing Roman will be like "Oh!Let's conquer the world"

Man,Edward can be weak,but is better than nothing!Placing Roman will be like "Oh!Let's conquer the world"

Exactly the reason why Roman is perfect as King of England.

:excl:SILENCE all of you George V is the only man that can lead Britannia to an even greater place in history.:excl:

Leading?Man,in this AAR timeline George are only a puppet :blink:

Or have Roman von Ungern-Sternberg crowned as King of England. That is the only option for the generals.

((By the way, Horace Smith-Dorrien (the new HoG) would probably live for four more years, so you should probably have a successor ready. Hopefully Montgomery will rule by King Roman's side))

My biggest problem with that Is I am unsure how Roman Ungern Von Sternberg has any claim to the English throne. He is Russian and not English. Edward VII is a better choice, but only after George dies. Edward was somewhat more authoritarian and was suspected of being a Nazi sympathizer, so It would make sense.

My biggest problem with that Is I am unsure how Roman Ungern Von Sternberg has any claim to the English throne. He is Russian and not English. Edward VII is a better choice, but only after George dies. Edward was somewhat more authoritarian and was suspected of being a Nazi sympathizer, so It would make sense.

Sternberg is the antithesis of realism (and Edward):p

Last edited:

Yes :D and Roman died in the Russian civil war.

Yes :D and Roman died in the Russian civil war.

In this case, Sternberg survived (There's no evidence in this AAR that he died)

A New Era for the British Empire

At the beginning of the year 1923, the new First Sea Lord, Jellicoe shows his intent to buil a navy that won't have any rival, a Royal Navy that will control the four oceans. With this in mind, the first two light aircraft carriers are commissioned in January, HMS Vengeance and HMS Unicorn, the first warships designed to carry a squadron of combat aircraft.
A new kind of naval warfare appears, aircraft vs ship. . .

640px-HMS_Hermes_%2895%29_off_Yantai_China_c1931.jpeg

HMS Vengeance patrolling the English Channel

In March 8, after the death of Constantine I, his successor, Georgios II called for peace negotiations with Turkey (now a republic), Ataturk agreed on a peace with the condition to return Adrianopole and Gallipoli to Turkish administration, Georgios agreed and the 5 years long state of war between the two nations ended.
Later, Georgios II stated that he will continue to support the integration of Bulgaria but he will not begin a quest to rebuild a forgoten empire, peace and prosperity are his objectives.

During March, lot's of reforms took place in the United Kingdom. The Marshal of the Empire Smith-Dorrien said that the military must take control over national industries in order to synchronize it with the increased need of military supplies and build-up effort.
Many private companies were nationalized, also companies belonging to former politicians were confiscated by the armed forces.
Stanley Baldwin was given the new position of Administrator of National Industries. He is now in control over 50 % of industry in UK, but this is just the beginning. . .

A new constitution was written, the Marshal of the Empire now holds supreme autocratic powers over the entire affairs of the British Empire, also a Supreme Military Council was created, similar to the Roman Senate in both structure and function.

In April 12, France decides to leave the military alliance it had with the British Empire because of the change of government, but still maintains it's economical treaties.
The french president stated that "Even though this means that we'll be isolated in Europe, we will not be allied to a dictatorship."
Smith-Dorrien responded with "I don't care about France, all I care about is the future and the gory of the British Empire."

In December 23, the Royal Navy receives it's first "true" aircraft carrier, the HMS Courageous, a feat of british naval technology. The Courageous-class warship carry a wing of 36 combat aircraft.

hms_courageous.jpg

HMS Courageous in a naval exercise

In February 13, 1924, the United Kingdom refuses to sign the Washington Naval Treaty, the First Sea Lord acuses the US government of trying to strengthen their naval power by using treaties. He stated that the Royal Navy will contnue it's expansion and modernisation program without any interference from the International community.
A new naval arms race begins between UK, USA and Japan.

23ixds3.jpg

In August 5, Smith-Dorrien acusses Abyssinia of starting several revolts in the British Somaliland. The United Kingdom demands an apology, compensation in gold and a full renouncement of Abyssinian claims on the british colony. Empress Zewditu I refuses to pay compensation even though the United Kingdom threatened with military action.
Thus, british forces are being mobilized against Abyssinia.

In September 11, the British Army under the leadership of General Plumer cross the border and angage several Abyssinian army units armed with old rifles and spears. They are quickly crushed by the well equiped and experienced warriors of the British Army.

2rcr3q1.jpg

In January 14, 1925, british and south african forces reach Addis Adeba and capture the Empress, next day the entire nation capitulates in front of the British Army. The entire Imperial family is exiled to USA even though Smith-Dorrien wanted them to "dissapear", the Council disagreed and convinvinced him that it wouldn't be a good idea.
The former territory of Abyssinia is put under colonial administration with General Plumer as Governor.
Colony of Ethiopia joins the British Empire.

2prwbj6.jpg

British North-East Africa

In March 1925, the Kurdish people in South-East Turkey begin to revolt against the turkish authorities and demand full independence of Kurdistan. The United Kingdom, wanting to destabilize Turkey even more, decides to support the rebels with supplies and weapons.

359jpxh.jpg

In May 14, the Kurdish revolt is suppressed and their desire for independence crushed by the Turkish army.

In June, Persia and the British Raj request permission to start a military campaign against Afghanistan because of some "territorial disputes" both British Dominions have on the poor and backward country.
Smith-Dorrien agrees saying that Afghanistan will be better under indian and persian administration rather than be ruled by tribal leaders.

2e0jzw7.jpg

Asia is boiling in conflict, now that the British Empire is at war with Afghanistan, Beyang, San Ma, Yunnanand the Constitutional Protection Movement declare war against Tibet. An ecent higlhly criticized by the United Kingdom.

In the end of September, the Lusanne Conference takes place. A metting that has the objective of suspending the German war reparations because of economical crysis.
Smith-Dorrien and the Council refuse to sign the treaty, resulting in bad relations with both Germany and France.

el432r.jpg

In February 24, 1926, indian and iranian forces occupy Afhanistan and sign the Treaty of Delhi were Afghanistan is divided between Persia and British Raj.
The British Empire expanded it's territory by 1.8 million square kilometers with the integration of Abyssinia and Afghanistan.

2ppy649.jpg

Question of the Update: a misterious man appears in Singapore and demands to meet in secret with Smith-Dorrien. Who do you think is that man????

The japanese General Yamashita :) Offering an Alliance with UK do invade and split Sian between UK and japan.

About Abyssinia,this make the map...Ugly :unsure:

Truly awesome AAR. Love your style, and the direction of the new and improved British Empire!

I think George V is the best choice since he has secret HOI2 immortality powers.

:excl:SILENCE all of you George V is the only man that can lead Britannia to an even greater place in history.:excl:

my thoughts exactly. Off with the heads of who ever talks ill about the King. TREASON I TELL YOU. He should stay and the current succession not change. I dont see how he could be usurped and how the British people would accept a foreign person as their sovereign.