• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tate43

Captain
82 Badges
Dec 26, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
So... I decided to do an AAR. I will probably do atleast bit in historical way, but I'm not really sure. I'm going to do first update later today if possible, but here is a picture from earlier game
Finland_zps3a77e58c.jpg

Thats my test pic
Please tell me how I can get bigger picture. I tried to get imageshack thing work but not sure how it is used :D

Attachments

• Finland.jpg
    Finland.jpg
    401,4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Hey,

I will read your AAR.

To insert image you need to first have the image on Photobucket or something. Then wrap the images address in the BB code

List of bb codes and how to use them are availble here

Please use the codes to create a list of chapters which are clickable and when clicked brings you to that chapter.

FIXING THE BB CODE, FIXED

Hey,

I will read your AAR.

To insert image you need to first have the image on Photobucket or something. Then wrap the images address in the BB code

List of bb codes and how to use them are availble here

Please use the codes to create a list of chapters which are clickable and when clicked brings you to that chapter.

FIXING THE BB CODE, FIXED
Thank you so much now it works

that's impressive to carve SU like that ... i'll follow.

I wonder what war goal he used. But we'll probably find out during the course of the AAR. Which I am looking forward to. Its rare to see a Finnish AAR. I do wish that one could form Scandanavia in this game though it would make playing Sweeden Norway Finland Denmark much more enjoyable to have a nation form with the combined leadership and IC of the four, as scndanvia would have cores on all three. With all four you would be as strong as Italy. And therefore you would have great power in influencing world events.

I wonder what war goal he used. But we'll probably find out during the course of the AAR. Which I am looking forward to. Its rare to see a Finnish AAR. I do wish that one could form Scandanavia in this game though it would make playing Sweeden Norway Finland Denmark much more enjoyable to have a nation form with the combined leadership and IC of the four, as scndanvia would have cores on all three. With all four you would be as strong as Italy. And therefore you would have great power in influencing world events.
Now I think I have a small plan coming right now. I used acguire territory.
that's impressive to carve SU like that ... i'll follow.
Well I really just put wargoals (germans didn't), but I think I can do good if I'm lucky.

Ambitious commander. But why stop there, why not Over run the weak will Germany 3rd Reich? Or Launch a series of invasions at Great Britain?

Ambitious commander. But why stop there, why not Over run the weak will Germany 3rd Reich? Or Launch a series of invasions at Great Britain?
I've joined axis. I remember that I planned invasions but didn't do them.
Anyways that picture is just example of what I could do. Now I am starting to do first update.
Edit: Okay it's gonna be shorter than planned because Steam did not save the screenshots so I'm going to take few more

Last edited:
Preparations

This is starting OOB and unit placements
OOBstart_zpsbe7dab3a.jpg

I start with producing Art brigades and after that 3 inf + 1 Art Divisions
Production_zps32812041.jpg

Then I lost a lot of screenshots but there's my OOB:s in every region
SouthLadoga_zps6cd6a0a6.jpg

NorthLadoga_zps4d7066cd.jpg

North_zps5beabc65.jpg

And the next part will propably be much longer and interesting because of
ending_zps07748f21.jpg

And again I'm sorry for lost images but still hope you keep or start following!

Subscribed!
I was thinking of doing a Let's Play with Sweden or Finland; I ended up choosing Finland because of the challenge and now I see that Finland is already in (very) capable hands. :)

Edit: I already started that let's play but I may scrap it...

Subscribed!
I was thinking of doing a Let's Play with Sweden or Finland; I ended up choosing Finland because of the challenge and now I see that Finland is already in (very) capable hands. :)

Edit: I already started that let's play but I may scrap it...
Okay I think I will do a "counter subscribe" :D .
I hope you will like the AAR

Well, I see you´ve had better luck than I had and made better decisions than I made with my Finland. I wonder how could you defeat the Bear!

Just like my Baltic Union? Check my signature if you´re interested but please note it´s only going to be interesting later on :)

I´ve actually taught about Scandinavia as a whole, without taking Denmark and Iceland, so Finland, Sweden and Norway. It´s not impossible to mod but I might get stuck at modding country tags for decisions (I remember each of these three have at least one country-specific decision in HPP). I think I´ll post up the files I´ve modded to create BU (I used Lithuania as a base country) as my AAR progresses a bit :)

Good luck! Looks interesting so far.
Thanks really like your AARs!
Well, I see you´ve had better luck than I had and made better decisions than I made with my Finland. I wonder how could you defeat the Bear!
I haven't played the war yet, but I have a plan for both scenarios losing and winning and of course if I lose land I'm going to reclaim it. Which one is stronger Lion or the Bear we'll see maybe later tonight.

I haven't played the war yet, but I have a plan for both scenarios losing and winning and of course if I lose land I'm going to reclaim it. Which one is stronger Lion or the Bear we'll see maybe later tonight.

Argh, your first post was misleading! I taught: "Hey, this guy just really owned the Soviets with Finland.", not that you mod the map to your liking and mouthfully saying: "I´m going after this."

With this new light brought into current facts, I consider you a lost case :)

Argh, your first post was misleading! I taught: "Hey, this guy just really owned the Soviets with Finland.", not that you mod the map to your liking and mouthfully saying: "I´m going after this."

With this new light brought into current facts, I consider you a lost case :)
I didn't really own them myself since I'm part of axis so germans did a lot of the job
Edit:And didn't tell what comes after winter war

Winter War

First I enact a lot of better laws
2013-03-05_00001_zpsad00e79e.jpg

We start with offensive towards Murmansk
2013-03-05_00002_zps2b71949a.jpg

And we succeed getting this far
2013-03-05_00022_zps61429917.jpg

We start offensive in North Ladoga
2013-03-05_00018_zpsa71fcb0b.jpg

The front line at the best moment can anything stop the attack
2013-03-05_00025_zpseba9bcfe.jpg

We manage taking Vidlica... Turning point of war...
2013-03-05_00023_zpsc5c601ec.jpg

The start of the end
2013-03-05_00024_zpsaacdfbcb.jpg

Murmansk front retreas
2013-03-05_00027_zpsff1548b3.jpg

Murmansk front after retreat
2013-03-05_00028_zps2d0f75a0.jpg

A lot of fighting going on
2013-03-05_00029_zps63063a64.jpg

I don't have picture of pics of battle of Suojärvi and Valkjärvi but they destroyed possibility of winning so it was wiser to do peace and use my plan B for the time after winter war.
Here's the peace offer
2013-03-05_00032_zps8e2324f8.jpg

And there's the map the war
2013-03-05_00033_zpsaa91021e.jpg

I went with very aggressive tactic that almost lead into lost of many provinces, but I managed fix the situation so I only lost two provinces (which will reclaimed)
Also I'm not a pro in this game but I know I could have done with better thinking in stragegy. Anyways I have next steps already planned out.
Hope you keep reading! (note in the picture in the first post I'm allied with Germany)
Feel free to tell tips and tricks and give feedback.

Last edited:
Okay I think I will do a "counter subscribe" :D .
I hope you will like the AAR
That’s great! :) BTW, judging from that initial pic, I am sure I will like your AAR! :D

Suing for peace was a good move; it allows you more time to build-up and attack them when they are weaker. In the end you lost 2 provinces but gained one from them right (the resolution of your screenshots is very low, so it is hard to be sure)?

That’s great! :) BTW, judging from that initial pic, I am sure I will like your AAR! :D

Suing for peace was a good move; it allows you more time to build-up and attack them when they are weaker. In the end you lost 2 provinces but gained one from them right (the resolution of your screenshots is very low, so it is hard to be sure)?
Yeah the pic is from very lucky game. I just have played this game almost through but I'm ofcourse not going to tell how it went. That pic was my "almost like a plan" thing.

Suing for peace was a good move; it allows you more time to build-up and attack them when they are weaker.

I wish it would be that easy in HPP too :sad:

Yeah the pic is from very lucky game. I just have played this game almost through but I'm ofcourse not going to tell how it went. That pic was my "almost like a plan" thing.

Do you have that "Damn, I gotta write bazillion updates now." feeling too? Welcome to the AARland! :D