• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is that map available in a higher resolution?

The Saharan path from Morocco to Timbuktu can be handled via adjacencies (like the Kazan-Siberia path in AGCEEP).

Native states on which we have sufficient information (Benin, Oyo, Ashanti, Dahomey, etc.) will be represented as well.

Here's a preliminary drawing of Kongo/Angola. I'm not sure whether to include the kingdoms of Lunda and Luba to the east.

Here's that preview of Africa: http://imageshack.us/a/img443/7867/africap.jpg

The drawing is not completely finished yet and will be perfected as I go along and but you can get an idea on the provinces which will be included and the nations or colonies that can be represented.

North Africa and Madagascar aren't completed and I haven't decided what names to use in South Africa yet.

Last edited:
Here's that preview of Africa: http://imageshack.us/a/img443/7867/africap.jpg

The drawing is not completely finished yet and will be perfected as I go along and but you can get an idea on the provinces which will be included and the nations or colonies that can be represented.

North Africa and Madagascar aren't completed and I haven't decided what names to use in South Africa yet.

Looks very very good, Great Work! :)

Is it wise to have these tiny little provinces in West Africa? In detail: Goree, Ndar, Bayona. The same goes for the small islands, are they good clickable? I never liked these small islands in the carribean for example in mymap.

Ah good, now Balkans are as they should be. That huge Bulgariya was creeping me out, really. Most disturbing. But it's here finally and I am thankful for dat.

Well, as I've told you last time, Japan is rather fine, adding any more provinces there would make it really annoying in terms of clicking. I believe that's fine as it is for now. Only one suggestion for Hokkaidou - same as in MyMap, I'd split it into Hakodate (Japanese port and general base in Ezo at the time IIRC) and Ezochi itself, rest of the island, potentially with Ainu culture and religion at a start.

GtQYMu3.png

Something like that.

Ah good, now Balkans are as they should be. That huge Bulgariya was creeping me out, really. Most disturbing. But it's here finally and I am thankful for dat.

Well, as I've told you last time, Japan is rather fine, adding any more provinces there would make it really annoying in terms of clicking. I believe that's fine as it is for now. Only one suggestion for Hokkaidou - same as in MyMap, I'd split it into Hakodate (Japanese port and general base in Ezo at the time IIRC) and Ezochi itself, rest of the island, potentially with Ainu culture and religion at a start.

Something like that.

Yes, Bulgaria is fine as it is now. Europe looks just perfect.

I like the idea to split Hokkaido in two, but i wouldnt put things like Deshima or any other tiny islands in the map. Ryukuyu island is fine.

Dejima and Tsushima would make a nice flavour additions. Well, Dejima has been added by Kasp himself to promote Dutch imperialism to represent Dutch involvement in Japan, I guess it was their trade post or sth. And Tsushima was a major pirate lair IIRC, at least in 15th Century.

Anyway Japan is really good as for now IMHO. And everything is, I think. Therion is the man of Malta, he knows what he's doing. Now, I wonder when he'll find time to convert all PV/AGCEEP stuff to that map, heheheheheh.

Will there be a connection south of Fezzan too?
No for the reason Herr Doctor mentioned and because there were no historical military movements of note from Libya to Chad or viceversa. And by 1400 the Kanem Empire (which ruled over Fezzan before) had disintegrated.

No for the reason Herr Doctor mentioned and because there were no historical military movements of note from Libya to Chad or viceversa. And by 1400 the Kanem Empire (which ruled over Fezzan before) had disintegrated.

Good to hear that! I never liked the idea to have a connection between Libya and central Africa, so these two available routes are enough.