• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NapoleonComple

Never permit evil to prosper
44 Badges
Nov 26, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Darkest Hour
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Knights of Honor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Majesty 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
I just lost over 40 brigades because they got stranded in Persia after I won a war against the Ottomans and discovered that I couldn't move my soldiers from ex-hostile Persia to ex-hostile Turkey because the peace treaty was already signed. This is a serious issue that forced me to rebuild two full armies (thankfully I did have the resources and time to do so) and left me with a bitter taste in my mouth after what should have been a crushing victory.

I can see the funny side of it. I mean picture 75,000 stranded Austrian soldiers, stuck on the hostile side of the border, with their supplies running out, talking amongst themselves and wondering if they should maybe ask the Ottoman guards at the border if they can maybe cross over and go home now, please? Asking all five of the guards, because I'd annihilated the Ottoman army and in real life there would have been nothing stopping the Austrian army from just marching across anyway, regardless of whatever the Ottomans thought.

I lost the accumulated experience from six wars too. One for the next patch guys.

Last edited:
I understand the boarding ships issue but why should your army be allowed to enter a nation that you don't have access too? I agree they should be able to leave the nation for a friendly one or one you have a military access agreement with though.

I played a game once; Declared war on Denmark, signed peace treaty; Troops stuck in Copenhagen. Wouldn't board ship. It's entirely stupid.

This seems odd, can't board your troops from the province. If you register your game you can post in the bug reporting sub-forum, I would open a thread about it there. And if you have a save game with the issue the Dev's love those. :)

I understand the boarding ships issue but why should your army be allowed to enter a nation that you don't have access too? I agree they should be able to leave the nation for a friendly one or one you have a military access agreement with though.

Because you had to cross that nation to reach the other nation that was on the first nation's side in a war and now your soldiers need to get home.

I played a game once; Declared war on Denmark, signed peace treaty; Troops stuck in Copenhagen. Wouldn't board ship. It's entirely stupid.

Well, if you can't click on the embark button it is because you can't get the navy to the port. Have you tested to not use the right click to move army to the navy? I thought my army was stuck once but then I found out that I could move the troops to the navy instead of clicking on the embark button.

And watch transport capacity of your transport ships. If you don't have enough free storage, divide troops on smaller groups.

Why there are restrictions to where you can move your armies in the first place is beyond me anyway. Who can stop it? Sure, reduce the relationship to the nation or something, but this is the napoleonic wars, armies were marching across whatever they wanted.

Yes, but in this case the army needs to cross that nation to get home. Free passage of the otherwise trapped army is something of a given in any peace treaty, no?

Yes, but in this case the army needs to cross that nation to get home. Free passage of the otherwise trapped army is something of a given in any peace treaty, no?

Can you army go to a region with borders to the sea? If they can that use transport ships and split your army in small stacks if you don't have many transport ships. You can't get into a enemy port so you can't embark with the army but you can right click on the fleet when you have your army selected and the army will go there without using the embark button.

To clear up a bit of confusion the matter's already settled for me; I disbanded my army and rebuilt it at home. Beat the Russians too. I'm just pointing it out here so the devs know what's wrong.