• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Great Northern War and Crimean War were in very different eras.

Reading Peter Wilson's Europe's Tragedy: A New History of the Thirty Years War this seems a far more suitable period to cover than the Crimean War. I think the latter was mainly a rather disastrous siege of Sevastopol?

The Thirty Years War is an highly interesting time period, but warfare and diplomacy was too different to be a mere DLC for a napoleonic game.

Nah, I just tried to plant a seed in your mind for a 30 Years War war game :D

Really hope an update or expansion comes out to make it fun and easy to organize your army.

With the diplomacy and whole strategic situation of the game being more or less completely generic I would not pay anything for a DLC that only changes the map a bit and adds some events.

So I really hope that there is something better in store regarding DLC.

This makes me happy to see. I love Paradox's strategy games but some of them are just too time consuming to learn, March of the Eagles is a happy medium for me. I'll probably be buying it during Steam's summer sale next month. Hopefully we'll have some DLC or at least info on upcoming.

Is that code for there is a 30 years war DLC coming?
No, for a whole 30 Years War game :)

(or that Birken wants to make one, one day)

What I'd like to see is a dlc with a longer campaign mode(I know that wouldn't be historically accurate)-15 years is too short for my gameplay style.
I don't want just to rule Europe, I want to rule THE WORLD (evil super villain type laugh).

I have a suggestion for a DLC or two. How about a DLC about the War of 1812 between The United States of America and The United Kingdom, where you could put the North, Central and South American continents, which would provide some interesting game play situations. Also, how about including the Revolutionary France period, which would set the start date to around 1790-1792 and having the various Coalitions against Revolutionary France and Napoleonic France, as Bookmarks. Also, maybe include some other conflict in Europe during the time period or close to the time period. Also, good to know that there are DLC's in the works :) .

Coming up for 6 months since release. Any word on Sprite packs ( Cavalry !!) , patches or ay other DLC?

Maybe it´s material for an expansion and not DLC, but I would like to see political leaders, maybe in the form of Ministries or Envoys, perhaps peace terms could be affected by who is there at the table somehow

tbh I don't care about graphical DLCs like models/textures etc. If they will be released then I will buy them on Steam when they are on -50% sale or more, but no sooner. However I would like to see some expansions (like Heart of Darkness or Old Gods etc). Too bad there are no news about anything... I guess Paradox abandoned the game for EU IV.

tbh I don't care about graphical DLCs like models/textures etc. If they will be released then I will buy them on Steam when they are on -50% sale or more, but no sooner. However I would like to see some expansions (like Heart of Darkness or Old Gods etc). Too bad there are no news about anything... I guess Paradox abandoned the game for EU IV.

Cavalry sprites would be very handy especially for Russian Cossack regiments for scouting and supply harrassment.

Abandoned? Why would you say this?

Maybe their focus is on EU4 to make it as brilliant as possible!? So maybe they will inform us of any plans post release of that game.

I say be patient and wait for some official news once EU4 has been released.

Maybe their focus is on EU4 to make it as brilliant as possible!? So maybe they will inform us of any plans post release of that game.

^agreed

Translation:
EUIV is raking in the money, so focus on that for a while then move back to beating the dead napoleonic horse which isn't.
/cynicism