+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best mods for Mount&Blade??

Best mods for Mount&Blade??

I'm playing the original M&B again and I was wondering what mods there are for it, do ye on ParadoxPlaza recommend any particular mods for this version??

I'd be curious to see what's recommended by the community, i've previously tried SW Conquest and Sword of Damocles.
    My skype is this: venividivicious86

Seriously?

No one has tried any mods for this game that they like/recommend??

Trouble is that the game is getting old. I am more expecting M&B2 than I am looking back at M&B. I played a couple of mods. I cant remember their name. That is the trouble.
    I suppose some are in the same situation.

They are so many. Just pick one and try it.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

crpg

@ChienAboyeur although it is true that this game is getting dated, there is still a quite dedicated community between native and different mods.

@venividivicious i wholeheartedly reccomend crpg. http://c-rpg.net/ this user modification for warband is quite inspired. it features a browser based leveling and equipment system for your multi-player character. it still has a moderate sized community and features different modes of play including strategus (something i haven't really messed with yet) where clans compete. i recommend this mod for anyone who isn't quite satisfied with native multi-player or just to try some thing new.

also if you're looking for people who play warband you should really be on the tale worlds forums http://forums.taleworlds.com/

Cheers for the information ogoctopus.

Do you know if c-rpg made any tweaks to warband's combat system btw? The combat in Warband is brutal in comparison to the original M&B.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

My personal favorite is the 1200 mod. It's wonderful.

Cool Zach, what's the theme to that mod then?

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by venividivicious View Post
    Cool Zach, what's the theme to that mod then?
    Well, it takes place in the year 1200 ( HRE, and all that) and it makes the game a lot more fun.

I've only played a few mods, but i loved "Clash of Kings" based on the book, and TV-show "Game of thrones". So if you are a fan of that, i think you will love it!
    Also Blood and Steel, i think is quite good. You have the possibility to have quite a bigger army, earlier in the game, than in Native. It is an awesome mods if you like it a little raw!

Floris has spoiled me. It's interface improvements are so substantial and enjoyable that I can't bring myself to play any mod that runs off Warband's basic interface.

Anyone know of any mods that do similar UI improvements as Floris? Perhaps one that includes some magic to it?
    "Clock is ticking, Twilight... Clock... Is... TICKING...."

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireMagickaPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k club

brytenwalda mod is also very promising It takes place in Britannia after the Romans have left

I'll second Floris. The interface improvements make it 2nd to none, for that reason alone (finally don't have to chase down every lord to ask his damn opinion!)

Prophecy of Pendor is also quite good from a story and special mission perspective.
    Moderators: protecting your forums from the harmful effects of diversity since 1992

+ Reply to Thread