• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

warlockz

Corporal
10 Badges
Nov 2, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Lead and Gold
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Magicka
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Magicka 2
Hi guys!

I've been thinking about Poison role in the game.
Many people in the past have talked about it.

Yeah, it would be really nice to see Poison as a castable element in the game.
So now that's my suggestion to Paradox:

I don't really think Poison would be a normal/common element, but it could be unique for Necromancer robes instead!
Necromancers can be playable with The Other Side of the Coin DLC (only in: TOSOTC campaing, 1 challenge map and PvP mode)

The original necromancer enemies have Poison as element, and they can use it as a spray and even throw Poison rocks!
Here you can see how it works:

So, I suggest Life element to be removed from them, and replaced by Poison! (with an official patch, I mean)
Arcane element heals necromancers, so it's okay to replace Life because it's useless.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Since you are playing Single Player Mode mainly, you can just edit the robe files and make them avaible in all modes.

Go to this path: \Steam\SteamApps\common\magicka\Content\Data\Characters\Playable

and open the file WizardNec.xml with a Text-Editor (edit WizardAlu.xml if you want to unlock Alucart too)

Simply set the "false" between the allowCampaign and allowChallenge-tags to "true"
<allowCampaign>false</allowCampaign>
<allowChallenge>false</allowChallenge>

Before you ask. No, you won't get VAC-banned for doing this.

This works in multiplayer mode as well, but you have to turn off VAC if you want to play modified content.

I already have done this, I would just like it to be official. for some reason the avatar has a stripped black and yellow band at its feet. If you know how to remove this I would be most grateful if you would tell me.

I have also edited the necromancer challenge map so it works was the code implies it should. Meaning you take damage when you leave the ring (I have set it to 60 every 1.5 seconds), so that you receive un-dead reinforcements, depending on the live player count in the middle of the map, and i have "fixed" the <!-- Graphical flowery effect of goodness to scare players into middle -->. Its weird that none of this is implemented from the start, as it would have made a wonderfully different kind of challenge map.

Back to the main point. yes necromancers having poison instead of heal would be cool.(at least I would only keep poisoning myself instead of killing myself) But how would poison behave? would it be a spray like water, fire, cold? Or would it be exactly the same as the necromancers do it in adventure mode? because that seems to be more like a magick to me, similar to how grease is cast.

BTW purple wizard, you wouldn't happen to be PurpleMagickaWizard on yotube would you? i only ask because you have similar names and you both have links to Inofficials Magicka Dunka Dunka Tournaments.

Last edited:
"Heh, yeah, funny you mention that, because I just noticed you have the same name in YouTube :p"

if you mean this http://www.youtube.com/user/ladyramkin then no.
im this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/peteraclamb (yes, guy, don't let the name confuse you)

"For example, you can use it as a spray (like water, fire, steam and cold) AND of course combine it with rock (as you can see in the video, and it is the same way that original necromancer enemies do)."

That's not quite what i meant. When a necromancer uses poison, it i a quite wide spray-like effect. that only lasts a couple of seconds. I was wondering if it would do that when the player used it, or would it be similar to casting water, but green, and does poison.

Uhm,
Kingpowl's Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/KingpowlSKL
My Channel: www.youtube.com/user/PurpleMagickaWizard
My Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/overkilling/
Kingpowl send me some private messages in Youtube.

Also, I think, that posion should have the same behaviour as water or fire.
Means that it's bascially a spray element, that causes the poisoned status. The more posion elements you add, the longer the spell lasts.
Mixed with shield it'd make a wall of poison or a poison aura.
Mixed with stone it'd make a poison missile or an erath fissure (enchant).
Poison, Shield and Stne would get you an armour with poison immunity or a poison stone wall.
etc. etc.

Humm... this bugs me now: What'd be the opposite element of poison, since poison would replace life?
How could I de-enchant or negate it in my spell if I accidently misstyped?

Well, I don't really know.
It would be like a normal spray (with the same duration, or maybe less).

Sorry if I didn't/don't understand you.

I only just watched the video you linked. What you mean is very clear to me now and I apologize for any misunderstanding I caused. I think its a brilliant idea to make it unique to necromancers.

Humm... this bugs me now: What'd be the opposite element of poison, since poison would replace life?
How could I de-enchant or negate it in my spell if I accidently misstyped?

water could be the opposite to poison, water is often associated with life, and since both pioson and water are sprays adding them to the same spell wouldn't change much. However since it would replace heal self-casting arcane would have to remove the poison status from necromancers.

Last edited:
water could be the opposite to poison. (dilute it or some such) However since it would replace heal self-casting arcane would have to remove the poison status from necromancers.

Yeah, water as opposite to poison wouldn't be a bad idea, since 1. it's quite logical that water dilutes poison and 2. water+ poison wouldn't be a usefull/powerfull combination anyway.
Fire + Poison would be awesome.

I thought Necromancers are already immune to poison?

Sorry to necro this thread again. I just joined a few days ago (despite playing magicka for about a year or so). It would seem to me that making poison usable element would make sense. They probably won't retrofit Magicka with it, but maybe for Magicka 2. I think the way to implement it would be to have it as a combo element like steam or ice. Maybe something like Arcane+Water. Not that water needs another combination added to it.

Sorry to necro this thread again. I just joined a few days ago (despite playing magicka for about a year or so). It would seem to me that making poison usable element would make sense. They probably won't retrofit Magicka with it, but maybe for Magicka 2. I think the way to implement it would be to have it as a combo element like steam or ice. Maybe something like Arcane+Water. Not that water needs another combination added to it.
Post here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?782706-What-would-you-like-to-see-in-Magicka-2