• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((I suspect that this is as good as we are going to get on feedback re the next 2 month plan. I will upload the save file tonight (or tomorrow night depending on how dinner with a friend goes) with instructions for Spain.))

((Please do post the save, but we still need three more votes to officially approve what you've put in place.))

I agree with the plan.

Signed,

A.Y.

((Save Game attached. Usual reminder re production and technology plans.

In the Far East, please pay attention to options:

1. Strategic Bombing Group in Vladivostok to do strat bombing of all resources areas in range.
2. 3rd Garrison (Mtn) Division in Solov'esk can be used very handily to push ahead the coast in Kamchatka to pocket the Japanese to the north. Once the pocket is reduced they can push ahead against the remnants.
3. 6th Mountain is moving to Khilok at the far western end of the line to prevent a Japanese home run on the Trans Siberian link. Keep and eye on it from time to time as it may have to do local counter attacks if the Japanese move north across the rail line.
4. Once the subs reach Vladivostok, put them on convoy raiding on the area at the tip of the Korean peninsular.

In Europe, transport the 3rd Mountain Corps to La Spezia once they reach Norrkopping. The 1st Mountain and 1st Guard Corps are on route to La Spezia. Once everyone arrives and are ready to attack again:

1. Load 1st Mountain Corps on transports and move to the sea area off Barcelona.
2. DOW Spain with a puppet goal.
3. Land the 4 mountain divisions at Tarragona. Once taken, move 2 divisions to Barcelona. Once taken, unload the HQ and return the Red Fleet to La Spezia.
4. Load 1st Guard Corps and land the 4 divisions at Sagunto. Once taken, move 2 divisions to Valencia. Once taken unload the HQ at Valencia and return the Red Fleet to La Spezia.
5. Load 3rd Mountain Corps and land the 3 divisions at Mallorca. Once taken, reload the 3 divisions and land then at Ibiza. Once taken, reload the 3 divisions.
6. Land the 3 divisions of 3rd Mountain Corps at Velez-Malaga. Once taken, move 2 divisions to Malaga. Once taken unload the HQ and return the Red Fleet to La Spezia.
7. Load 1st Rifle Corps at La Spezia and transport to Barcelona. Move 2 rifle divisions to Tarragona. Then load 1st Mountain Corps and transport to Malaga. Then return Red Fleet to La Spezia.
8. Load 35th Rifle Corps at La Spezia and transport to Valencia. Move 2 rifle divisions to Sagunto. Then load 1st Guard Corps and transport to Malaga. Return Red Fleet to La Spezia.
9. Load 27th Rifle Corps at La Spezia and transport to Malaga. Move 2 Rifle divisions to Velez-Malaga.
10. Then Load 1st Mountain Corps and move to sea area off Huelva. Land the 4 divisions and HQ. Push 2 divisions to Sevilla. Return Red Fleet to Malaga and load 1st Guard Corps. Land at Cadiz and push 2 divisions to the land area between Cadiz and Sevilla. Return Red Fleet to Malaga and transport 3rd Mountain Corps to Cadiz.
11. Return Red Fleet to La Spezia and load 16th and 4th Rifle Corps, and transport them to Cadiz. Move 2 divisions to Sevilla. Then wait for further orders in November.))

((Thanks, Davout. I'm going to try to play as soon as I can, but I'm not sure when that will be exactly. Almost certainly not until Wednesday.))

EDIT: ((Played tonight (that is, 7-8 August) and will try to update sometime tomorrow.))

Last edited:
((By way of an update to everyone, I have had a look at the save game and there is not much to do for the enxt 2 months of orders. I will be a bit more specific in some areas of Spain and the Vladivostok front but otherwise we should be able to spin the wheel again pretty soon. It is a public holiday here tomorrow so I will try to get something up by tomorrow night.))

((Can new players still join, or is this different from a normal IAAR?))

((Can new players still join, or is this different from a normal IAAR?))

((We're pretty close to the end of this one -- if somebody decides to quit or retire, I announce it in the update thread and call for volunteers.))

(Dora 2: Electric Boogaloo)

Proposed orders for November- December 1941

The Armies in the Far East will retain their previous general objectives. The exception is 12th Army – once it has completed its retreat on 1/11/41, the existing objectives are to be cleared and new onjectives of Chongjin, Linkou and Diaoling are to be set try to establish a more defensible perimeter.

On 30/11/41, 3rd and 3rd Shock Armies should have finished their transit. 3rd Shock is to be given a Blitz stance and 3rd Army an Attacking stance with common objectives of Khabarovsk, Urgal, Birobidzhan and Hegang with the goal of res-establishing the rail link to the Vladivostok pocket.

The Red Fleet submarines have been assigned duty to attack convoys in the strait between japan and Korea. The Strategic Group is to continue bombing resources and factories in range. Mountain and Guard Divisions to continue to be used for local offensives, especially the Mountain Division in the Kamchatka peninsular.

In Spain:

1. The Red Fleet is to drop off the 3rd Mountain Corps HQ once Malaga is taken.
2. Red Fleet is to return to La Spezia to load 1st Rifle Corps for transport to Barcelona. The 4 Rifle Divisions will be spread 2 divisions each to Barcelona and Tarragona, and the 1st Mountain Corps is to be transported to Malaga.
3. Red Fleet is to return to La Spezia to load 35th Rifle Corps for transport to Valencia. The 4 Rifle Divisions will be spread 2 divisions each to Valencia and Sagunto, and the 1st Guard Corps is to be transported to Malaga.
4. Red Fleet is to return to La Spezia to load 27th Rifle Corps for transport to Malaga. The 4 Rifle Divisions will be spread 2 divisions each to Malaga and Velez-Malaga.
5. Red Fleet to return to La Spezia and load 16th Rifle Corps, transport to Coast of Cadiz and amphibiously assault Cadiz. After Cadiz is taken, 2 Divisions move to Heulva and 2 Divisions move to Almonte.
6. Red Fleet return to La Spezia and load 4th Rifle Corps, transport to Cadiz, and move 1 Division to each of Sanlucar La Major and Ecija, and 2 Divisions to Sevilla.
7. Red Fleet to La Spezia to load 5th Army and SSR HQ’s to move to Malaga.
8. Red Fleet load 3rd Mountain Corps at Malaga and move to amphibiously assault La Coruna. 1 Division is to the march on the naval base at Ferrol.
9. Red Fleet is to return to Malaga to load 1st Mountain Division and move to amphibiously assault Bilbao.
10. Red Fleet is to return to Malaga to load 1st Guard Corps and SSR HQ and move to Bilbao.

NF Vatutin ( Marshal)
NGSh

Plans are approved then. Did you make any changes to the save, Davout?

((There are some minor changes. I will post the save game tonight.))

((I have no idea how this one will play out as I haven't had the time to do the usual test runs. The Americans seem to take forever to decide to invade the Japanese Home Islands when we stop and reload every 2 months compared to a straight run through. Considering we are tying up over 90% of the Japanese Army in Machuria, you have to wonder what their problem is.

Anyway, lets see if Dora gives the Swiping Spanish the Boots.))