• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What Comrade Zverev voted for, I agree with.

I abstain from the vote.

A.Y.

We will officially transfer Comrade Sokolov to the NKVR. Although there appears to be overwhelming support for our Prosecutor General to become the next People's Commissar for Justice, I will give 24 hours to allow for other nominations. Comrade Sokolov, you may submit your plan at your convenience.

I congratulate Comrade Smilyvyyenko on his promotion to NK Justice. I hope he is as wise a judge as his predecessor in the judicious use of his powers for the good of the Union.

The promotion is official. Let us continue onward, Comrades.

I thank you all for your trust in my abilities, Comrades. I can only hope my service is for the good of the Motherland at all times.

-O. K. Smilyvyyenko, NK Justice

Now that the internal shift of power was concluded we can proceed with the more important matters.

((Soooo, where were we? :p ))

((Still waiting for you guys to do something. ))

We will officially transfer Comrade Sokolov to the NKVR. Although there appears to be overwhelming support for our Prosecutor General to become the next People's Commissar for Justice, I will give 24 hours to allow for other nominations. Comrade Sokolov, you may submit your plan at your convenience.

Comrade Stalin has already provided his excellent guidance. We all await Comrade Sokolov's first performance of his new duties.

Malenkov

1940 NKVR Policy

The NKVR Commissariat presents the following plan for consideration by the Politburo.
Our projected targets and missions will be:

1) The USSR
Max recruiting((lvl 3))
Current orders should be: Counterintelligence((lvl 3))

Should, for some reason, our National Unity start to drop below 70%, full priority ((lvl3)) should be given to raising it.

---

2) Germany
Low recruiting((lvl 1))
Current orders should be: Counterintelligence((lvl 3)) and Disrupt National Unity((lvl 3))

Comrade Vatutin suggested that we change our priority from raising German threat to undermining their unity. I will subscribe to this course of action. The major factions have been determined, and raising threat will not influence diplomacy anymore. That being said, spies (or rather, funds) are a limited commodity, and as such I'd rather deploy our assets in a country that will not be overwhelmed within a year.

---

3)Japan
Max recruiting((lvl 3))
Current orders should be: Counterintelligence((lvl 2)) and Disrupt Research ((lvl 3))

4) The UK
Max recruiting((lvl 3))
Current orders should be: Counterintelligence((lvl 2)) and Disrupt Research((lvl 3))

5) France
Max recruiting((lvl 3))
Current orders should be: Counterintelligence((lvl 1)) and Disrupt Research((lvl 3))

We should seek to put our (future) opponents at a technological disadvantage, by disrupting their ongoing research projects.

Signed,

FV Sokolov
People's Commissar of the NKVR

This plan seems like a prudent course of action. Comrade Commissar Sokolov, is there any particular reason that sending spies to the Western nations has nominally equal priority to reinforcing the counter-intelligence ranks of the Motherland?

- P. P. Teterev

France is permanently crippled, it is a waste of time spending resources for them. As for the missions in Japan and the UK they should be given lower priority and be stopped if our spy cells start to get tracked and destroyed.

France is permanently crippled, it is a waste of time spending resources for them. As for the missions in Japan and the UK they should be given lower priority and be stopped if our spy cells start to get tracked and destroyed.

Comrade Yakushev, what makes you think France is "permanently crippled"? Their Maginot line is formidable, and the French Army is equally daunting - second only to the Red Army. Our reports indicate that Germany has far fewer men, less experienced men, and inferior equipment. There's a huge gap in armour technology in particular; every French division has a complement of heavy armour, while only few German divisions are equipped with their lighter tanks.

When we start our advance into German territory, we will cause a general rout amongst the divided Wehrmacht, and their capitalist brothers in the West will... capitalize on our advance. We must be swift at our liberation, lest the French occupy more land, land which we will not be able to take so easily from a foe much stronger than Germany. Really, the one aspect where they are lacking, is quality, and I intend to capitalize on this by disrupting their research.

Regarding the UK and Japanese operations, I will follow your and Comrade Teterev's suggestions, and alter the final draft.

- FV Sokolov

Comrade Sokolov

Whilst I do not share your views on the comparative strengths of the Germans and French, nothing turns on the point. Based on the foreshadowed amendments to the draft plan, I will be supporting it.

NF Vatutin

I agree with Comrade Vatutin's assessment of Comrade Sokolov's plan, and will be supporting it when it comes to a formal vote.

Malenkov

1940 NKVR Policy
FINAL DRAFT​

Amendments: Recruiting levels for UK and Japan altered.

The NKVR Commissariat presents the following plan for voting by the Politburo.
Our projected targets and missions will be:

1) The USSR
Max recruiting((lvl 3))
Current orders should be: Counterintelligence((lvl 3))

Should, for some reason, our National Unity start to drop below 70%, full priority ((lvl3)) should be given to raising it.

---

2) Germany
Low recruiting((lvl 1))
Current orders should be: Counterintelligence((lvl 3)) and Disrupt National Unity((lvl 3))

Comrade Vatutin suggested that we change our priority from raising German threat to undermining their unity. I will subscribe to this course of action. The major factions have been determined, and raising threat will not influence diplomacy anymore. That being said, spies (or rather, funds) are a limited commodity, and as such I'd rather deploy our assets in a country that will not be overwhelmed within a year.

---

3)Japan
Max recruiting((lvl 2))
Current orders should be: Counterintelligence((lvl 2)) and Disrupt Research ((lvl 3))

4) The UK
Max recruiting((lvl 2))
Current orders should be: Counterintelligence((lvl 2)) and Disrupt Research((lvl 3))

5) France
Max recruiting((lvl 3))
Current orders should be: Counterintelligence((lvl 1)) and Disrupt Research((lvl 3))

We should seek to put our (future) opponents at a technological disadvantage, by disrupting their ongoing research projects.

Signed,

FV Sokolov
People's Commissar of the NKVR

I vote Da to the revised NKVR Plan.

NF Vatutin (Marshal)
NGSh

Has Comrade Sokolov, indeed, called for a vote? If he has, it is currently 4 "Das".