• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

cmgreven

Hoarder Gigantus
179 Badges
Jul 1, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
Hi, I'm playing as Chile, and I recently conquered the La Paz territory from Bolivia. This territory has nearly doubled my population, and I would like to immediately build some factories on there to make some basic goods but no matter what I can not seem to be able to do this. What steps must I take in order to allow my population to start building some factories.

Could be many things. The easiest way to find out why you cannot is to select a province within the region in question, find the 'build factory' button, and hover your cursor over it. It'll tell you the conditions you don't meet.

Here's a screenshot in case you don't know where the button is:

rE4yHII.png

Could be many things. The easiest way to find out why you cannot is to select a province within the region in question, find the 'build factory' button, and hover your cursor over it. It'll tell you the conditions you don't meet.

I'm playing with AHD so the interface is slightly different. However my government does not allow for me to build factories, so I am hoping for the capitalists to kick in and start building factories, which they are unfortunately not doing. It appears I meet the criteria needed to allow factories to be built, however I just can't do it myself, and I am trying to figure out why.

I guess what I am asking is what are the conditions needed for the capitalists to start the funding of a new factory.

Last edited:
I'm playing with AHD so the interface is slightly different. However my government does not allow for me to build factories, so I am hoping for the capitalists to kick in and start building factories, which they are unfortunately not doing. It appears I meet the criteria needed to allow factories to be built, however I just can't do it myself, and I am trying to figure out why.

I guess what I am asking is what are the conditions needed for the capitalists to start the funding of a new factory.

Lower your middle class taxes as well..and keep an eye on the proposed projects in your country, and as others said, stick a national focus on your desired industry, and invest in it when it comes along..if it ever does.