• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hootieleece

Field Marshal
105 Badges
Dec 21, 2002
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Divine Wind
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
I must say I haven't played a huge number of games but I have Noticed AI country's with Almost Psychotic need to grab land from certain countries......

UK is fixated on Venezuela. And does nothing in India or Africa.

France, Day 1 DoW on Netherlands for Guyana and then maybe Dutch Ghana later. Colonize Madagascar.......and then NOTHING! Does Nothing with Algeria.

Prussia forms NGF(sometimes takes Bohemia from AH) and then Nothing.......Grabs Denmark's Colony in Africa. Usually problem is Bavaria becomes GP for a short time.

USA Starts Gobbling Northern Mexico..........but never goes After Spain........or annexes Hawaii unless someone else colonizes them first.

Austria-Hungary just sits There......sometimes loses Bohemia to NGF.

I just wish It wasn't the same in every game........its almost as bad as HOI3 and knowing the timetable.........

Yeah, AI is very bad and passive. AI issue is not only their lack of good ability to manage their infamy but they also can't invade you through sea, have huge problems with winning their war goals. 70% of WP wars are the ones which could be won easly if AI would be a little bit more patient. I just played as Austria and helped AI to form Germany before 1845. Right now my AI-German-Ally had a war for reclaiming AL by Frenchies. Ofc I decided to be a loyal Ally while I had a war with Russia. Both France and Russia zerged us with huge mobilisation pools but I managed to defeat quite fast Russia while helping Germany to defeat France. I was just sending my 150 brigade army to defeat France when Germany decided that they don't want to sit in this war for few month more and win it however they wanted to lose AL. I hope that HoD will improve AI in terms of how they set wargoals, how often they do it and how they do it. Btw. Next funny example is the same game but few years before. France decided then to annex small German minor and become a victim of containment wars cuz they had already few infamy points. Ofc it was quite a bad decision for them.

If I were Paradox, I'd just open up the ability to edit AI to the modders and call it a day.
Or if nothing so great, a mission system like EU3 that AI countries will try to complete and modders can add to.

I must say I haven't played a huge number of games but I have Noticed AI country's with Almost Psychotic need to grab land from certain countries......

UK is fixated on Venezuela. And does nothing in India or Africa.

France, Day 1 DoW on Netherlands for Guyana and then maybe Dutch Ghana later. Colonize Madagascar.......and then NOTHING! Does Nothing with Algeria.

Prussia forms NGF(sometimes takes Bohemia from AH) and then Nothing.......Grabs Denmark's Colony in Africa. Usually problem is Bavaria becomes GP for a short time.

USA Starts Gobbling Northern Mexico..........but never goes After Spain........or annexes Hawaii unless someone else colonizes them first.

Austria-Hungary just sits There......sometimes loses Bohemia to NGF.

I just wish It wasn't the same in every game........its almost as bad as HOI3 and knowing the timetable.........

Greetings! I saw you're in Dracut, MA. I grew up in Tewksbury. :)

I must agree that some of the wacky AI moves are annoying. At least Russia doesn't take Southwest England or some other ridiculous wars anymore. I definitely think that they need to script the Spanish-American war too.

I am playing game as Russia.......This time USA AI couldn't win against Mexico AI and Mexico AI couldn't win against Texas.
v29.png

NGF is boned by GP Bavaria and Neverending Wars with France over Alsace Lorraine.

French AI is Obsessed with Alsace.......Still No Algerian Adventure.....

Austria-Hungary has done Nothing except change to a hideous flag.

British Actually colonized Africa for once!
v211.png

v210.png

Last edited:
I'd like to add.....Idiotic Ottoman AI starts war every Five years for some Ex -Egyptian Core......Gets smacked around by me (Italy, in current game) as Sphere owner and Suez Canal builder.
I freed my sphereling's Greece and Montenegro Cores. (And it NEVER calls any of its Allies)

AI GP's that allow Ottoman's to do it!