• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You guys should really just play Sengoku mod from CK2. I honestly think that's superior to this game.

Sengoku was a prototype of CK2, nothing more. I regret they didn't develop this further because KOEI always does awful job at making stretegy games based on Sengoku and Three Kingdoms period. There is enough market share to take away from KOEI if Paradox games based on Asia takes more Japanese-friendly approach like anime-looking handsome-pretty-doll character portraits and weird otaku shits like gender-switching some characters to female. I'm sure that version of Sengoku will sell better than Nobunaga's ambition because Paradox games have overwhelming depth compared to KOEI's jokes.

You guys should really just play Sengoku mod from CK2. I honestly think that's superior to this game.

Sengoku was a prototype of CK2, nothing more. I regret they didn't develop this further because KOEI always does awful job at making stretegy games based on Sengoku and Three Kingdoms period. There is enough market share to take away from KOEI if Paradox games based on Asia takes more Japanese-friendly approach like anime-looking handsome-pretty-doll character portraits and weird otaku shits like gender-switching some characters to female. I'm sure that version of Sengoku will sell better than Nobunaga's ambition because Paradox games have overwhelming depth compared to KOEI's jokes.

Which mod is that? I ran into a Sengoku mod for SKII, but read it was incomplete.

Maybe now KOEI is a joke, but back in the days of Sega Genesis era, that Nobunaga's Game(The first one I believe) is one of my favourites of all time, of any genre. Also, the ROTTK games for Snes were pretty good also. It's too bad what happened to the series though.

How is the Sengoku mod better than Sengoku? Near as I can make out from the advertisement thread it's just CK2 in Japan, meaning there are no ninjas, no dynamic allocation of religious bonuses, powerful vassals can't control their own troops, and samurai probably even negotiate with rebels.

I mean, CK2 is the better game on the balance, but I don't like Sengoku for its map.

A shame that this was abandoned as it seems to have a lot of potential...

Last edited:
Sudoku in this game would be great though!

I wish they would do a dlc and add a few more features to this game.

I wish they would return to improve this game too, but they won't.

I would also like a Romance of the 3 Kingdoms type game from Paradox.

But they won't.

a sudoku dlc?

I wish they would return to improve this game too, but they won't.

I would also like a Romance of the 3 Kingdoms type game from Paradox.

But they won't.

Yes! Love the 3 kingsdoms stuff - come on paradox, take my money, please! Give us more!

I don't think we can possibly expect a patch at this point, however I cannot see why PI wouldn't release another SJ-based title in the future. I said this before a number of times - all the hard work (really hard, at times) has all been done regarding historical research - kori, names, DOBs, family trees etc etc - none of that material will ever have to change. What is needed instead is the redevelopment of the small and easy bits, i.e. all other game assets ;)

I think it would sell like hot cakes myself, but I'm biased.