• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pukovnik

Ad finem fidelis
20 Badges
Dec 27, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
  • Magicka
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
Well, hi there to all EU 3 AAR fans! Since I'm myself a big fan of AARs, I decided to give it a try and start one. Since this is my very first AAR, I'd like to ask you not to be rough! :D

I decided to try with Serbia. My goal is to show historically impossible saving of Serbia of the Ottoman turmoil.

Start informations:
Difficulty: Normal.
Other start info options: No inflation, everything else is default.
Start date: January 1373.
Goal: Evade the Ottoman annexation, sail and expand to the West, and eventualy beat down the Turks and renovate the Empire.
Basic House rules: No cheating, no reloading.

CHAPTERS AND MONARCHS

nzrO3Vj.png

- CHAPTER ONE - CURSED LAND
- CHAPTER TWO - TO WEST WE SAIL

eN5PpOG.png

- CHAPTER THREE - REGENCY, IT IS
- CHAPTER FOUR - LETS TAKE SOME LAND!
- CHAPTER FIVE - NOT A SINGLE STEP BACKWARDS, COMRADE SOLDIERS

6edUBgw.png

- CHAPTER SIX - REBIRTH OF THE KINGDOM
- CHAPTER SEVEN - AFRICAN PRETENSIONS
- CHAPTER EIGHT - ENEMY OF MY ENEMY IS MY FRIEND

Hq8UW7i.png

- CHAPTER NINE - RISE OF THE NEW KING
- CHAPTER TEN - EAST WE SHALL DEFEND?
- CHAPTER ELEVEN - LETS BE HABSBURGS
- CHAPTER TWELVE - LUCK IS OUR SWORD

GwtkUu3.png

- CHAPTER THIRTEEN - REBIRTH OF THE SERBIAN TSARDOM

UyiTc3l.png

- CHAPTER FOURTEEN - NO MORE RETREATS
- CHAPTER FIFTEEN - DISTANT COUSIN

y0kfBoJ.png

- CHAPTER SIXTEEN - COLONIAL PLANS
- CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - EASTERN CAMPAIGN
- CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - OTTOMAN UNTERGANG (DOWNFALL)
- CHAPTER NINETEEN - ENOS MEDIA BEFORE IT WAS COOL
- CHAPTER TWENTY - CONSTANTINOPLAAR

Qorten signed off on it. This AAR has the permission for interactive votings.

Last edited:
CHAPTER ONE - CURSED LAND
Every part of our Empire is shattered. After the great defeat on the Battle of Marica river in Trakya in 1371., the Serbian Empire got itself to the very edge of breaking point. Tsar Uroš the Weak died, and so did two brother Kings, in that cursed battle. But not all is losed. Although we lost third of our lands, Knyaz Lazar will try to defend Serbia once again..

hLfN8pj.png

Kruševac, Serbian Royal Court, 11th of January 1373.

-- My lord, my lord! - shouted the chancellor.
- What is it again, Stefan? Is it dinner time already?; replied the Knyaz.
-- I'm afraid it's not my lord, we have some diplomatical things to do now.
- Argh, again! Alright, lets see.
-- The messenger from Ethiopia arrived today at our court. His Majesty, the King of Ethiopia is sending his regards to you my lord, and is offering us alliance pact.
- What? You woke me up just because of that? Where is Ethiopia anyway, are they strong?
-- They are small african country thousands of kilometers away from us, my lord.
- And how the hell will Ethiopia help us in any way? It would take them years to come to Serbia, or our soldiers to come to the Ethiopia. Well, it's not we'll be sending troops to Africa, pff, right. Refuse it and told my servants I want my dinner ready in half an hour!
-- I'm afraid that is not it my lord. We have some war issues to discust. We have been given an opportunity to strike the Vidin fortress! They're weak and betrayed by their own brother states, now is the time, my lord!
- Alright, we will attack them next week. Just leave me alone!

Valeys of Timok, 18th of January 1373.

- Gather my troops and generals, now is the time; shouted the King to the chancellor.
-- Umm, my lord, you dont have any generals.
- Well then, recruit them!
-- We don't have money, my lordship.
- Argh, allright, I will lead the troops, you silly peasant!

aFEPq0N.png

And so, the battle began. Troops of the independent city of Vidin shattered when they saw the army of knyaz Lazar, and the rest, who stayed to defend the city were killed or imprisoned. This was the first victory of Serbian Army in last two decades. Lets hope the luck will lead our way, and unity will defend us!

Celebration of victory in Vidin, Kruševac Royal Court, 27th of January 1373.

Everyone was satisfied, especially the Knyaz. This victory gave back faith to our people, faith in life of Serbia, its people and homes. But this celebration short lived. The danger of new Turkish invasion and fight with 6 times stronger army instilled fear into people and the army. In the dark rooms of Royal Court, new plans have been made. By the Knyaz, ofcourse.

-- What shall we do my lord, Turkish invasion is 100 percent sure, we have no much choises, my lord, what shall we do? - asked the chancellor full of fear.
- Don't be silly Stefan, they are maybe more numerous, but our honour, bravery and unity is stronger than their numbers, right?!
-- I'm totally pessimist on this issue, my lord. I think we have no chanses.
- He who fears of the defeat is sure of being conquered! Say again anything pessimistic and I will chop of your head and put it on the main square of the capital, you coward!
- I have the plan. Set our sails ready and hope for the good wind!

gd0Us7e.png

Last edited:
CHAPTER TWO - TO WEST WE SAIL

Somewhere on the Mediterranean, 7th of February 1373

The Knyaz and half of his army loaded on our fleet and sailed to the West. No one actually knew where are we going, why, and what is the truth behind that uber-secret genius Knyaz's plan. We passed Sicilian Straits, and set our directions toward small island of Sardinia. While the Knyaz was discussing tactics and plans for our western conquests, messenger from homeland arrived.
-- My lord, my lord! Your lordship! Urgent message! Our faithful allies from the Ragusan Republic are urgin for our help! They were attacked by Stjepan Tvrtko's forces last night, shall we help them?
- God damn it! Cursed be Bosnia! Captain, reverse our direction, head back to the homeland, we have war to fight! - Chancellor, what other allies do we have?
-- Epirus, Wallachia and our vassals of Zeta, my lordship; replied the chancellor.
- Good, send the messengers and call them to arms, we need to defend our brothers in Dubrovnik.

City of Cetinje, 23th of February, 1373

4mORrlx.png

Wallachia and Zeta joined our war. Bosnian army quickly entered Zeta, and our joint force of Allied forces went to Duklja. After three days of fighting, we became victorius. Bosnian Army led by Stjepan Tvrtko Kotromanić retreated to Hum, where we hunted them down and started the occupation of Bosnia.
The occupation itself gained full attention of our Knyaz. He was destined to occupy all of Bosnia.

Treaty of Ragusa, 15th March 1377

2AMqgDA.png

After four bloody occupation years, Knyaz's work finally got some results. All of Bosnia was occupied, and it's King was locked up safely in the dungeons of Kruševac. The peace treaty was signed in Ragusa, on 15th of March 1377. The Bosnia was forced to release the county of Hum and to give up all conquest claims on its neighbors. Their King Tvrtko was forced to abdicate, which was the toughest part of this peace treaty. Ragusa thanked its Serbian allies for great support and sent a gift of a small navy fleet to join our cause in the West.

Somewhere on the Mediterranean, take two. 12th of April 1377

While boats full of soldiers whispered in the dark of Sardinian seas, the Knyaz and his closest advisors were considering the last preparing operations for engaging an new war on the Sardinia. But, not everyone agreed with Knyaz and his conquest plans..
-- And here, friends, advisors, commanders, is the plan. **shows on the map** We will attack this small state of Sardinia with all of our troops; said the Knyaz confidently.
- With all due respect my lord, we can not attack that country.
-- Nonsense! We can do everything we want, hah!
- But my lord, they are guaranteed by Aragon and Naples, and England is defender of their faith.
-- Wait. Arent they Christians?
- Yes my lord, but they are Western Christians, Catholics.
-- And why would our brotherly christian state of England minded if we attack Sardinia? We are not infidels, for gods sake!
- But sir, things have change.. Putting that aside, this will greatly hit our country stabillity.
-- Why? Because we are attacking a weak country?
- No my lord, because we have no propper reason to attack them.
-- Nonsense! What rule is that? Who made those rules? Ridicilous! I can attack whom I want!
- Some guy named Johan from Sweden.
-- Then we shall sail for Sweden! No one will stop me!
- Okay, okay my lord, we will attack Sardinia. We will follow your orders until death, okay? Just dont attack Sweden.

vdMHpAW.png

(attacking Sardinia caused war with Napoli, Aragon, Albania, Arbanas, Navarra and Sicily)

Outside of the Aristanis fortress of Sardinia, 4th May of 1378

-- What, they do not want to surrender yet?! Do they know who am I? Do they! - shouted the Knyaz Lazar when messenger from the fortress arrived.
- I am sure they know who you are my lord, but they want to continue their fight; replied the messenger.
-- They want to fight? Fine, lets fight. Men, charge!!!

hbp6cbw.png

..And whole army charged. Many of them died and got wounded. When Knyaz Lazar conquered the fortress and the garisson and count of Sardinia surrendered, one of the imprisoned servants wounded Knyaz Lazar. Days after the incident, Knyaz died in Aristanis fortress, cursing the enemy servent who stabbed him. He left behind him country in a state of war with minor powers of Mediterranean, with regent chancellor Stefan ruling until the heir Grgur dont become old enough to rule, but he succeded with his mission. He created New Serbia on the island of Sardinia. Enemies invaded our homeland. But since Napoli was leading the enemy coalition, we settled a deal. We agreed to pay them 200 ducats and cancel some of our agreements with some friendly states, and they recognised Serbia as a ruler of Aristanis city on the island of Sardinia.

I'll always follow an MEIOU AAR. I have to wonder about the sensibility of conquering OPM Sardinia though. Wouldn't Aragon still have a claim on the province?

CHAPTER THREE - REGENCY, IT IS

o5kR95y.png
oRf4Sd5.png

Serbian Royal Court, Kruševac - 14th Novemer 1378
Since the Regency Council was elected, the claim on the Serbian throne of our young 4 year old Prince Grgur declined. Nobility was deeply split between factions. Some of our nobles wanted new Knyaz, since the current heir is too young. But, Regency Council decided to send diplomats to friendly and powerful friends of the East and West. Royal Marriages were accomplished with Castille, Muscowy, Montenegro and Hum. Good relations and new noble marriages saved little Prince's claim on Serbian throne, and peaced down the nobility and minor political crisis in Serbia.

RaKKWcq.png

Palace of the Knyaz in New Rascia, Sardinia - 22th of May 1385
Today, Regency Council meeted in newly built palace in New Rascia. Since our diplomatical options were limited, but council wanted to continue the mission and idea of Knyaz Lazar, the chance was seen in currently weak Aragonese state..
-- My lord, we have perfect opportunity to take all Sardinia in our close future - implied one of millitary leaders.
- What opportunity? You know very well we can not start any wars now, general; replied the regent Stefan.
-- Indeed my lord, but we can weaken Aragonese position in Sardinia. Since they are now busy with the war against France, and their fleet is far away from Sardinia, we can try to start a revolt of Sardinian Nationalists, encouraging them to gain independence. Since Aragon would not be able to crush down this rebellion, they will become indenpendent country, and then we shall strike!
- An excellent idea. Prepare our spies and start sending weapons and money!

yj8InN0.png

Serbian Royal Court, Kruševac - 15th of December, 1388

8Jl7HtF.png

-- My lord, my lord! Indeed black news my lord, black news! - shouted chancellor to the regent Stefan in the hallway.
- What is it? Did Aragon crushed the Sardinian Rebellion?; replied the regent.
-- No my lord, I'm afraid not!
- What then? Speak up!
-- Kingdom of Hungary declared us war, my lord! And worse, their dominions of Croatia and Poland joined this epic war! Our allies of Ragusa, Hum and Wallachia joined on our side.
- Oh my god! Prepare for the battle! Did enemy attacked Beograd already?
-- I'm afraid Beograd already fell, count of Beograd surrendered to Hungarian troops without a spilled drop of blood!
- That traitor! Quick, send the messenger to the New Serbia to send us all their troops, and evacuate Regents and Prince Grgur to the south of Serbia!
-- I'm afraid we are not able to get our troops from New Serbia to Homeland. Hungarian allie Venice also joined this war against us.
- Damn them all! May those coward traders rot in hell!

1gx4y30.png

Temporare Royal Court in Prizren, meeting of Regency Council, South of Serbia - 28th of November 1389
-- Lets summon this up. Our counter-offensive last summer succedded to deny our enemies attacks and occupations, and we even succedded to chase them up to the rivers of Sava and Dunav, but they are now more numerous. If Hungarians were alone in this war with us, we could easily defend our borders. But, this month their reinforcements from Poland and Croatia arrived. We have to retreat to the south.
- Excuse me for interrupting your meeting, but I have some news for you my lords; rushly said the regents servant.
-- Speak up, peasant! Quickly!
- Our capital of Kruševac has been occupied half an hour ago. The garrison fought to their death, but there were just too many Hungarians.
Dead silence occured trough the meeting room. We didn't know how much land we will lose, but we will. Our allies peaced with Hungary months ago, with demoraling treaties. Wallachia losed half of their land, Ragusa and Hum had to break all agreements with us.

QXdylpN.png

Treaty of Beograd - 2nd August of 1391

ld8vjZe.png

After series of defeats in battles and occupations, Serbian Nobility realised that they need to surrender some of the land to the Hungarians. Aldo they started this war with wish of a heresy cleansed Serbia, they accepted Serbian offer of peace. Treaty of Beograd seccured truce with Kingdom of Hungary for 10 years, giving them our richest county of Beograd and realising Montenegro as sovierign state.

Coronation of new Knyaz Grgur, 13th September 1391
Meanwhile, young Knyaz has fullfiled his age requirement to rule as the Knyaz of Serbia. In his youth is hidden bravery and intelligence, and even he just got coronated as Knyaz, he immediately wanted to start conquest of the rest of Sardinia, following his fathers dream, and he wanted to expand to Africa. At coronation, new plans were made and sails were raised, and our fleet and army sailed to the West, once again.

n9XBXEK.png

I'll always follow an MEIOU AAR. I have to wonder about the sensibility of conquering OPM Sardinia though. Wouldn't Aragon still have a claim on the province?
Thanks for subscribing. Yes, they still have cores on Sardinia, but I hope Castille and France will run over them, or at least constantly DoW them for 10 years or so, until I get on my feet.

Last edited:
Curse those Hungarians. Did Sardinia revolt from both provinces or just one? Will you be trying to play the colonial game at some point, or is 'New Serbia' as far west as you plan on travelling?

Sardinia revolted from both provinces! :D I'll give more love to Sardinia and their Independence War in next chapter.
My current goal is to conquer Tunis, Algier, Sicily, Ballears, Corsica and maybe some more lands in the Mediterranean until the end of 15th century. And yes, I will go for colonies at some point of the game. I'll betray the name of this AAR if I dont go for colonies in the New World :)

CHAPTER FOUR - LETS TAKE SOME LAND!

Knyaz Palace in New Rascia, Sardinia - 8th of Decembar 1391
-- Come in, come in, have a seat; said the Knyaz to the young person who just entered to his unfinished room in the Palace.
- Thank you my lord.
-- You are Artevski, right?
- Arovski, my lord. Your new AAR chancellor.
-- Ah, good, good. So Arkevski, tell me more about our wars in Sardinian provinces and about that unimportant conquest in Asia.

Y6zRoyr.png

- I'm afraid you didn't hear me well my lord, it's Arovski.
-- Are you saying I'm deaf, Aremski?!
- Certainly not, my lordship.
-- Good Arkivski. Now, about those wars.. speak up, I have to go to my jacuzzi soon, come on young man, come on!
- Of course, sir. Our army have been victorious. We have established control of Sassari fortress, the northern province of Sardinia. Yet, we are still siegeing Caddedu, the southern one.
-- And what about that conquest in Asia?
- I'm afraid there is no active Asian conquest campaign, my lord.
-- What? I ordered to attack Tlem.. Tlempksen, that thing in Asia.
- You mean Tlemcen, sir? That is in northern Africa.
-- Erhh, yes, yes, I meant Africa. That little fortress near the Chinese border.
- Chinese, sir?
-- Yes, little bit southern from Norway.
- Norway, sir?
-- Stop it, peasant! The war! Speak up.
- Oh, yes my lord. We did take Tlemcen and it's capital of Al Djazair.
-- Did we already annexed it?
- No, sir.
-- Then what are you waiting for?
- I'm waiting to our armies take the rest of Sardinia, so we can annex both countries at once, my lord.
-- And why shall we wait for that, Armski?
- Aro.. Never mind. Because we want to have both annexations on one screenshot.
-- Screenshot? Why?
- So we don't need to crop and stroke two pictures, my lord.
-- What is that heretic language, Arsemski? Are you pagan?
- No my lord, I'm believer of the Only True Faith.
-- So.. stro.. crop? Nevermind.

XkWRskT.png

Knyaz Palace, New Rascia - 18th of November 1395

Jqg5zKT.png

After tons of infamy, and low stability because of the no-casus belli wars, rebellion broke out in Homeland, while the whole army was on our Western Territories. Lets see how Knyaz Grgur and Arovski dealt with it..

- My lordship, terrible news!
-- What is it Arseski?
- Great rebellion against you broke out in our Homeland, my lord!
-- What? Why? I just conquered lots of lands, what's wrong with this people?
- I fear I do not know, my lord. But our Homeland Army can't beat them. They are close taking Kruševac, our capital.
-- Damn, get our sailes raised! We are sailing back to the Homeland!

Serbian Royal Court, Kruševac - 12th of March, 1396

5LZYBKC.png

-- Good. That's better now.
- Indeed, sir.
-- Any news?
- Nothing special. Your army general got drunk last night and killed two Tlemcenians, rebel leaders will be executed today.. and, oh yeah - Constantinople fell to the Ottomans.

862SgXk.png

-- What?! When?
- About a month ago.
-- And you are telling me now?! NOW?!
- I'm sorry my lord. I didn't thought it's so important.
-- You.. you.. you are just stupid, Arovski.
- Ah, you got it!
-- What, Arsimovski?
- Erghh.. nothing, sir. I almost forgot. Hungary became dominant in our region.

w3zMqCg.png

-- That's bad, right?
- Yes, it is my lord. Very bad for us.
-- Anything else?
- Oh yes. We have moved our national focus to New Rascia, as you ordered.
-- What? When did I ordered that?
- Yesterday, sir.
-- Uhmm.. okay.
- And, Sardinians became an accepted culture! They seem to like our country, my lord.
-- Ah, good, good! So, that's it?
- Yes, nothing else, sir.

0LasfUS.png

Valeys 2km from the capital, Knyaz enjoying the nature - 27th of February 1397
Knyaz sitted under the one hunder years old tree for hours. He just like to watch the nature. While the spring was whispering trough his ears, his loyal adjudant, chancellor Arovski runned towards him.
- Sir, sir!
-- Argh! Again you. Will you stop doing that miserable scene of yelling and shouting far away from me? Our readers are getting annoyed because of your behaviour, Artski!
- I am deeply sorry my lord. But I have urgent news.
-- Alright, what is it?
- Drink this glass of water first, sir.
-- Why would I do that? Is there a poison in it? Are you betraying me, Arski?!
- For gods sake sir, it is not. Just drink it. It will help you calm down when you hear the news.
-- Okay. I drank it. Speak up.
- Well, Hafsid declared war on us.
-- That Chinese state right? So whats the problem?

7ZE4vaA.png

- It's not Chinese.. Nevermind. The problem is, Bosnia did it too.
-- Bosnia? We will kick their ass out of our land if they even consider assaulting us!

pfLRbr2.png

- Well, better get ready for Venice too then.

T538r3K.png

-- Ohh, well.. We can't get our western army with our navy back to the Homeland.. Well, we can still win.
- Sir, they are allied with Hungary.
-- Did Hungary joi..
- Yes.
-- And they are allied with..
- Poland, yes.
-- And with Cro..
- Yes.
-- Well, urghm.. do you have more of that water?
- I don't sir. I will get it right now, do not worry. And oh yes.. Genoa also declared war on us!

ofBNfch.png

-- I think.. I'll loose my consciousness now..
- Sir, sir? Are you okay? My lord?

1OXIwBW.png

The tehnical term for this is 'Gang rape'. An unsavoury term, but true non the less.

That's one helluva lot of foes. Have you gotten rid of Wrath of God yet?
Not yet, unfortunately. It's bugging me, I hate that modifier xD. What are the conditions to get rid of it? Any suggestions would be helpful.

The tehnical term for this is 'Gang rape'. An unsavoury term, but true non the less.
Well, I'm kinda in troubles, yes. xD

I'm loving this AAR! I really hope you can somehow pull through this rather grim-looking situation. How many separate wars is this?
Thanks. Four separate wars. I think I will take care of all wars easily, as soon as I make peace with Venice, since their alliance is strongest and most threatening (Hungary, Poland, Croatia, Milan etc).

Any suggestions on further expansions? More Africa maybe?

Not yet, unfortunately. It's bugging me, I hate that modifier xD. What are the conditions to get rid of it? Any suggestions would be helpful.
You should see it in your country decisions list. If you have a bad monarch then you can hire the advisors and either work your war exhaustion down or build your prestige up.

CHAPTER FIVE - NOT A SINGLE STEP BACKWARDS, MY COMRADE SOLDIERS

Fortress of Skoplje, South Serbia - 18th of May 1397
- My lord, wake up!
-- Wait.. umm.. mommy.. no mommy.. give me my candy..
- Great Knyaz of Serbia, stand up, wake up!
-- Umm.. ah, yes, yes. Wait. Where am I, Arovski?
- In the safety of Skoplje fortress, my lord.
-- Weren't we in Kruševac in last chapter?
- Sir, you fell unconsciousness, we had to retreat.
-- What? Retreat?! He who fears of fight with the enemy and giving his life for Motherland, may stand down from the line, I will personally kill him!
- Sir, we really had to retreat. Our fortresses on the north are strong and heavily guarded, we will help them, as soon as we regroup our troops.
-- So, we just retreated? Without a single fight?
- Yes, my lord.
-- Cowards, cowards! Prepare your arms! We are marching north! Right now, Arovski!

oMDYvIk.png

- Maybe that wasn't so good decision, my lord?
-- Are you questioning my decisions, Arovski?
- No my lord, not at all. Not at all. You are the Knyaz, after all.
-- Yes, I am. And that wasn't so bad decision. We killed 9,000 enemies.
- But we lost 4,000 of our own troops, sir.
-- We fought against twice bigger, better equiped army and we killed two times more then they did! Stop questioning my decisions, you peasant!
- Yes, my lord. Forgive me, you are the Great Knyaz, I am terribly sorry. Putting that aside, I have some bad news. We lost our whole 3 ship-transport fleet.

A3Ozgmr.png

-- What? How did it happened?
- Well, when the Skadar fell to the occupators, our fleet had to leave the port, where it was attack by joint Genovian and Bosnian fleets, it got completely destroyed.
-- Skadar fell?! When?
- While you were unconsciousness.
-- Damn those Genovians! What shall we do now?
- You are the Knyaz, my lord, I don't know. I am just a peasant.
-- If you are a peasant, you wouldn't mind if I send you to work on the fields, right Arovski?
- Merciful lord, do not do it! Please.
-- So.. what shall we do now?
- Well, since the Venice is leading this war, it could be good to send them an peace offer.
-- Good. Ask 5,000 ducats for peace.
- Sir, I do not believe they will accept our proposal.
-- Okay, okay, 2,000 should be enough.
- Sir, there is 50,000 enemy troops occupying our whole country, if we do not make peace soon, and by that I mean offering them something in return, we'll get annexed!
-- What do you suggest then, Arovski?
- Offer them what they want. Skadar and 350 ducats should be enough.
-- What? But Skadar is our only port we have, Arovski!
- I know sir, but if we don't give them Skadar right now, they will surely annex us.
-- Alright, send the offer then.. Damn it!

wHZeUaL.png

-- Now what, smart-ass? We lost our only port in Homeland.
- Do not fear, my lord. I have the plan. But, lets get those wars done..
-- Now what?
- We should attack Bosnian troops near old Ras town, sir.

tEAq60A.png

-- But, you said 50,000 troops are there?
- Sir, Venice peaced out of the war.
-- So what? There are still Hungarians, Poles, Croats, and God knows who else!
- Khm.. my lord.. how should I put this. You see, Hungary and their allies were allied with Venice.
-- Yes, that is because they attacked us.. Those coward inquisitors!
- Yes, and they are now pulling out of the war.
-- Why?
- Because Venice peaced out.
-- So what?
- Because they were the leader of that war coalition, and when the leader peaces out, all their allies do this too.
-- Just like that?
- Just like that, my lord.
-- And why are we attacking Bosnian troops then?
- ..because they are not in the same coalition where the Venice was.
-- But why did they attacked us then?
- Sir, they declared separate war.
-- Arghh, my brain is getting hurted with this confuse diplomatic-war language.
- You can't be in pain for something you do not own, my lord.
-- What?
- Nothing, I said nice weather today. Do you think will it rain tomorrow?

Serbian Royal Court, Kruševac - 26th of November 1398
- Good morning, my liege.
-- Oh. Hi Arovski. Do you have some news for me?
- Yes, dear Knyaz. Bosnia and Genoa offered white peace, sir.
-- What? White peaches? Where did they got those? I want to try them!
- No sir, white peace. That means they are offering us peace with no conditions, like the war didn't happened at all.
-- So, shall we accept it?
- Well, our infamy is not small enough for any new gaining of territories, our legitimacy is decreasing because of the war exaustion which hit the upper border..
-- Wait, what?
- .. yes.
-- Okay then, accept it.

dwhdVTm.png

-- What else?
- We lost the province of Al Djazair.
-- That place in China, right?
- No sir, in Africa. The Hafsids gained full control of it and annexed it to their country.
-- How can they do that? We didn't agreed!
- They can, because of the surrender timers.
-- Timers?
- Yes sir, we lost the province. We will regain it, but we urgently need to get out of every war, our army and population is exausted.
-- Alright, give it up then. We didn't needed that anyway.

q93CwYK.png

Serbo-Montenegrin border - 10th of February 1400
-- Did you regrouped and gathered all of my army, Arovski?
- I did, sir. But I frankly don't see the point going again to war, you agreed to stop all our wars until we recover.
-- Don't worry my dear Arovski, this one shouldn't last longer than several months.
- How can we do that, sir?
-- We'll do a little Blitzkrieg operation.
- What is that, my lord?
-- I don't clearly understand it yet. But I read that in that fairy tale, where that guy with wierd moustaches attacked the Poles and they surrendered for two weeks.
- Marvelleous, sir.
-- Alright, enough with the small talk. Lets ride, to Zeta!

X62vwyM.png

- What? Wait, my lord, are you sure? They are our allies, brothers, our closest friends!
-- Don't worry Arovski, we are just regaining our vassals land, and we need that sea access. Now, lets charge!

Cetinje fortress, 29th of August 1401
- We finally captured it, sir.
-- Good, lets do that annexation thing now.
- Sir, war lasted more than a year and a half. It was just a fairy tale, my lord.
-- But, it seemed so real! Damn those sci-fi futurism books!

x5JtvZo.png

Serbian Royal Court, Kruševac - 2nd of April 1402
-- So, how's that recovering thing going, Arovski?
- Slow but fine, sir.
-- Any news?
- Not really sir. But I have few ideas. We need to recover, and we will recover quicker if we arrange some alliances, sir.
-- Okay, spit it out.
- But I just drinked some tea, do I really have to spit it out?
-- Argh, Arovski. You'll never learn. I meant speak up, tell me your suggestions.
- We could allie with Muscowy, Ragusa, Tarnovo and Wallachia, sir.
-- Okay, you do that.

K7xULEM.png

SdoprJS.png

-- Anything else, Arovski?
- That would be all, my liege.

You should see it in your country decisions list. If you have a bad monarch then you can hire the advisors and either work your war exhaustion down or build your prestige up.
Thanks. I didn't payed attention on decision tab.

Fun update. :)

A couple questions:

-Were you able to maintain control of Sardinia without access to the sea?
-Do you have any provinces that remain cores of Venis, Hungary, or any other major nations (Aragon for Sardinia, I imagine)?

It looks like you were able to get out of that jam with minimal losses, and montenegro is a nice gain. Well done!

What happened with Genoa? Weren't they in a war of their own?
Yes, they had declared a separate war against me, but when Venice peaced out, they wanted WP, and I accepted it, but unfortunately I didn't took the screenshot.

Fun update. :)

A couple questions:

-Were you able to maintain control of Sardinia without access to the sea?
-Do you have any provinces that remain cores of Venis, Hungary, or any other major nations (Aragon for Sardinia, I imagine)?

It looks like you were able to get out of that jam with minimal losses, and montenegro is a nice gain. Well done!
Thanks. :)

- Yes, I was lucky. Because before the war, I transfered 15,000 troops from Africa to Sardinia, and there were some minor invasions (two or three times armies of 5k or 7k attacked), but I managed to defeat and annihilate them.
- The last Venetian core on Serbia was Skadar. Hungary doesn't have any cores, but they do have "Clean Heresy" CB on me. Luckily, my fears of Aragon are now gone, because Aragon is now in PU with Castille, and when Spain forms, I hope they wont get any cores on Sardinia.

Thank you both, I'll write new chapter for few days.

CHAPTER SIX - REBIRTH OF THE KINGDOM

Serbian Royal Court, Kruševac - 14th of April 1404
Loud noise was heard from main meeting room where the Knyaz spent his spare hours. Arovski with guards ran towards Knyaz's room. In the hallway, they heared rageous voice of Knyaz Grgur I.
-- You traitor! You shall burn because of this, you murdereous coward!
When chancellor Arovski and guards entered the room, they saw the Knyaz Grgur lying in the swamp of his own blood. The murderer escaped trough the window, but he was caught in the backyard of the Palace. Arovski ordered execution of the traitorous murderer.

E4N2R1x.png

The nation was in mourning over the death of their Knyaz, but soon a new Knyaz arised, son of Grgur the First inherited the throne. He was capable young man, with excellent administrative and diplomatical skills. Arovski introduced the new leader to his duties and obligations.
- My dear Prince, do not be depressed about your fathers death; said the Arovski when entered young Prince's room.
-- I am not depressed chancellor, but instead shocked. I didn't expected to rule the nation with just 21 years.
- It happens, my lord. Can we talk about your coronation now, if your lordship is in the mood for diplomacy?
-- Okay, what is on your mind, Arovski?
- Well, I think it is the time for rebirth of Serbian Kingdom.
-- And how we can do that?
- We shall call the Patriarch and ask him to coronate you as the King.
-- Well, will he accept it?
- I am sure he will, my lord. I suggest we held coronation for few months, in the summer. There are diplomatical things that should be done about your Kingship.
-- You do that, Arovski. I will rest now.
- Yes my lord, excuse me.

The Coronation of the King Đorđe I, Kruševac - 23rd of July 1404
-- Is everything ready, Arovski?
- Yes it is, my lord. The Patriarch arrived last night in Kruševac.
-- Good. Lets do this.

After brief waiting, the Patriarch and various rulers and diplomats entered the church. The Patriarch coronated young Prince as the King Đorđe the First of Serbia, and therefore recognised Serbia as the Kingdom. Time of Troubles ended in Serbia.

QaEtKrw.png

Serbian Royal Court, Kruševac - 11th of August 1404
-- Now what, Arovski?
- Now we do diplomacy and ruling, your majesty.
-- Good. How do we do that?
- Well, I tell you what we can do and what happened in our surroundings and the World.
-- Okay. Do you have any news or diplomatical messages, Arovski?
- Yes, your majesty. Duke of Wallachia sent urgent Call to Arms.
-- Why we should help them?
- Because they are our allies, your majesty.
-- Oh. Okay, lets go to war! Kill the infidels! Take their land, burn their villages!
- Are you sure, my lord?
-- Yes, I am. No one will touch our Wallachian brothers!
- Sir, they are at war with Ottomans.
-- Ot.. oh. Well, they can touch them, why not.
- So we won't answer to the call to arms?
-- No, no, we won't. After all, we don't want wars, I mean.. We are pacifist, aren't we Arovski?
- Ofcourse, my lord.

KtSKF1n.png

-- I think I'll go and travel, Arovski.
- If your majesty wishes that.

King's return from travel around the Europe - 2nd August 1408
- Welcome back, my lord!
-- Ah, Arovski! I'm pleased to see you. How are you, my good man?
- Thank you for caring, my lord. I am fine. Was your travel fruitful?
-- Ah, yes Arovski. I ate various fruits, and I tasted some fine grapes and wine.
- I'm afraid you didn't understood me well, I thought, have you arranged some favorable diplomatical agreements?
-- Ah, that! Yes. I confirmed our alliance with our Russian brothers in Muscovian Kingdom, and I arranged some royal marriages.
- Very well, my lord. Good for us.

irJ7W3O.png

-- Yes, good for us. So, is there anything new?
- Yes there is my lord. Remember that Wallachian Duke who called us for help?
-- Oh, my good Romanian friend, how is he?
- Not very good, my lord.
-- Oh, why? Is he sick?
- No. Ottomans annexed his duchy and impaled him on a stake.
-- Oh, terrifying.
- Indeed, your majesty.

OvrqkUA.png

-- Anything else?
- Yes, my lord. We got ourselves an ambicious mission.
-- By whom?
- By the God's will. He made clear to us that we shall strike Venice!

BPPkm2Z.png

-- Wasn't that a country that defeated us few years ago?
- Indeed!
-- And the country who has multiple major power allies. Not to mention the Castille, as Defender of the Catholic Faith.
- Indeed!
-- And why the hell we should attack them? Are you mad, Arovski?
- I am not, my lord. But, the things have changed. For reason we do not know, whole their alliance pact, and by that I mean Hungary & co is at war with them. Plus Castille.
-- So they don't have allies? And the defender is at war with them?
- That's right, my lord.
-- But, they are still strong, right?
- They are pretty weak. Shall we strike and retake our cores?
-- Hell, we will! Prepare armies for war.

Near the fortress Skadar - 5th March 1409
The King and Arovski visited Homeland army while they were occupying towns of Skadar and Drač. The King himself joined the occupation, but soon left, and why, we shall find out from chancellor Arovski..
-- Nice sword. Ohhh, that spear!.. Nice shield you got there, soldier. Oh, you too!
- Sir, I think that is little unnapropriate; whispered Arovski to the King while they visited one of the army units near Skadar.
-- Why, Arovski?
- With all due respect, but you can't act like that. You'll lose your authority.
-- Oh, oh okay.
The King immediately stopped the visit and shouted very loudly.
-- Now you all, make yourselves a hero and make your King the proudest King! March and conquer that fortress! For gloooory!
-- Was that better Arovski?
- Perfect.

0jdmhpV.png

-- Okay, we surrounded them. Now what?
- We shall wait until they surrender.
-- What? Can't we just order our army to attack?
- We don't have sufficient troops, my lord.
-- Well, reinforce them from Sardinia!
- I'm afraid we can't do that either; Their fleet will destroy us on the seas.
-- Argh! So we just wait now?
- Yes.
-- Ah, that is boring! I thought war was fun. I'm out.

I3OvMVp.png

King's Royal Palace, Kruševac - 17th of April 1412
- My lord, I have astonishing news.
-- Come in Arovski, what news do you bring?
- Our conquest was successful. We have succeded to conquer the fortresses of Drač and Skadar, my lord.

TyJPMdW.png

-- We needed more than 3 and a half years to do that?!
- Well, they were tough. But, when they started to eat eachother corpses, their commanders decided to surrender.
-- Okay. Lets get done with it. Sue for peace and take those territories.
- We can't do that. They won't accept it. We need to wait for timers.
-- What? To wait more? I'll turn 40 when we finish this war! Are you kidding, Arovski?
- I'm afraid I'm not kidding. They won't accept our demands.

King's Royal Palace, Kruševac - 28th of April 1413
-- ..what about those territories, Arovski?
- Well, we can annex them at price of little infamy. But we can't get peace with Venice yet.
-- Annex it. Fast. I dont want to wait any longer..

xRpqxrx.png

4APq7Ff.png

- Done.
-- And send them an peace offer. We want them to revoke their cores on Skadar.

g1urWQi.png

- Done.
-- Good. Anything else?
- Yes, I have some more good news. Hungary warned Ottomans.

fKKILyK.png

-- That's nice of 'em. I'm tired Arovski. Can we finish this chapter now?
- Agreed, your majesty. We'll tell them about our African Campaign in next chapter..
-- Arovski! Stop spoiling, for God's sake!
- Argh, sorry your majesty.