+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: APD 3.2.6 download/feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    It's more likely to be assimilators picking an officer POPS to assimilate to; it's a known bug from vanilla (and one that is going to be fixed by HoD).

As for slow demotion... increase your literacy. Middle class POPs already have things that make them demote quicker, but migration and assimilation are pretty clunky to work with, so I'm not sure we'd be able to do much about it anyway.
    I'm just pointing out what happens as natalia every game I have tried(I want to say atleast three times now, with two being recent with this patch). Each time I check why my government starts to go into debt its a large portion of german officers that move there and demand pay since the government is restricted at 50%min for the current party in power.

It's just awkward when those republics have problems getting soldiers to fight off their neighbors because they have 1:1 soldier to officer ratio due to some assimilation/Promotion-demotion factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    None of those things are something we can change. A GP cannot be a sphereling, and a non-sphereling AI can cancel alliances and military access -- though it doesn't always. Depends on how it feels about you, I suppose.
    Well, the main thing is, I want to be able to fight rebels regardless of whose territory they're in, and that should be possible, right? Sphere stuff and whatever doesn't matter - I just want to kill my ally's rebels!

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Well, the main thing is, I want to be able to fight rebels regardless of whose territory they're in, and that should be possible, right? Sphere stuff and whatever doesn't matter - I just want to kill my ally's rebels!
    The AI isn't mod-able. If its a GP and therefore not in a sphere, the AI may well cancel or refuse to grant military access and unfortunately there's just not much that can really be done. I'm sure Rylock/Nas would love to re-write some elements of AI behavior if they could, but from what I understand it's pretty much all under the hood.
    Last edited by Dichromate; 26-02-2013 at 05:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Dichromate View Post
    The AI isn't mod-able. If its a GP and therefore not in a sphere, the AI may well cancel or refuse to grant military access and unfortunately there's just not much that can really be done. I'm sure Rylock/Nas would love to re-write some elements of AI behavior if they could, but from what I understand it's pretty much all under the hood.
    No no no, the AI part's not even part of the question; that's more or less a side-effect at best. I'm just saying that rebels should be attack-able regardless of diplomatic status, and I doubt that involves editing the AI itself.

I reloaded an earlier save and managed to avoid the whole rebel issue, but nonetheless it's still a bit annoying. :/

As the UK in the Arrow Incident event, I took the first option (war with China), and got _22_ infamy for it - which wasn't in the tooltip!

I'm not sure you're meant to get quite so much, but whatever the case there needs to be something telling the player what to expect.

No no no, the AI part's not even part of the question; that's more or less a side-effect at best. I'm just saying that rebels should be attack-able regardless of diplomatic status, and I doubt that involves editing the AI itself.
    No, but it does involve editing other bits of inaccessible hardcode, so it's just as impossible.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by pac View Post
    As the UK in the Arrow Incident event, I took the first option (war with China), and got _22_ infamy for it - which wasn't in the tooltip!
    Pretty sure that's fixed in the next version-- but I'll double-check.

I noticed that the anhui cores are spreading a little bit too fast if the warlord era happens to an taiping united china, they were only left with there capital province even taiping defected to anhui

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    No, but it does involve editing other bits of inaccessible hardcode, so it's just as impossible.
    Alright, no problem. On stuff like this, I guess we'll have to see what Paradox pulls up for HoD!

Alright, no problem. On stuff like this, I guess we'll have to see what Paradox pulls up for HoD!
    I wouldn't hold my breath. Paradox has shown a complete lack of interest over many games in improving their AI at all.

Hi guys,

I just tried to install APD over my steam-managed AHD install... and I can't confirm it's actually installed.
    How should I check whether it works?

Yup I tried:

1) Go and buy a copy of AHD.
    2) install it over your copy of V2.
    3) Patch it to 2.31
    4) Download APD 3.2.6
    5) Delete any existing PDM folder inside the Victoria 2\Mod folder before installing.
    6) Extract the zip to your Victoria 2\Mod folder-- all of it, including the .mod file.
    7) Download the Hotfix A (below)
    8) Extract the hotfix to your Victoria 2\Mod folder, overwriting all files.
    9) Fire up the launcher, select 'A POP Divided' from the bottom-left menu, and press 'play'. The Checksum generated may not match that above first time you play, but should on subsequent launches.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The main menu should give it away. It has a custom background that says POP Demand Mod on it.
    "Do not forget your great guns, which are the most respectable arguments of the rights of kings."
    ~ Frederick the Great

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Help me! The UI gets broken after half hours play, and then starts looking very bad.
    Finished AAR's': "Lion of the North"

Quote Originally Posted by roplox View Post
    Help me! The UI gets broken after half hours play, and then starts looking very bad.
    You need more RAM
    Proud modder of MEIOU & Taxes

MEIOU & Taxes soundtrack.
    90 minutes of high quality music period appropriate for EU4, is 100% legal and 100% free.

Quote Originally Posted by roplox View Post
    I kept getting this. Patch the game exe to allow use of more than 2gb ram. If you can't do that, the ui getting broken will inevitably lead to the game crashing.
    "For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

"When we are unwilling to draw clear moral lines between free societies and fear societies, when we are unwilling to call the former good and the latter evil, we will not be able to advance the cause of peace because peace cannot be disconnected from freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow86 View Post
    The main menu should give it away. It has a custom background that says POP Demand Mod on it.
    Thanks. It doesn't show any signs of APD or PDM. Is there a problem with the steam version, or should I be able to do some debugging somewhere?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by boudewijne View Post
    Thanks. It doesn't show any signs of APD or PDM. Is there a problem with the steam version, or should I be able to do some debugging somewhere?
    So long as you installed it into the correct area, it should work fine. Your launcher should have a box in the lower right that shows "POP Demand Mod", which you'll need to click on before you start the game. If you're not seeing that, then you've put the files in the wrong place... assuming you're playing with the AHD expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatkramp View Post
    I kept getting this. Patch the game exe to allow use of more than 2gb ram. If you can't do that, the ui getting broken will inevitably lead to the game crashing.
    No, the UI breaking is a sign of it running out of RAM

90 minutes of high quality music period appropriate for EU4, is 100% legal and 100% free.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun_Wu View Post
    No, the UI breaking is a sign of it running out of RAM
    Isnt that what he said.
    For unless there is security here at home there cannot be lasting peace in the world. - Franklin D Roosevelt

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working? -Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by am300307 View Post
    Isnt that what he said.
    No, he said "he ui getting broken will inevitably lead to the game crashing".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast