• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(647699)

Recruit
47 Badges
Jan 27, 2013
  • King Arthur II
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II
Hello!

I recently purchased King Arthur 2 on Steam. The game starts fine, but in the strategic map, the whole map is very bright, so it's hard to distinguish shapes. The GUI is fine - the issue is with the rendering of the map itself. When opening a tactical battle, the "sky" part of the screen displays normally, but any "ground" area of the map is covered with a blocky, pixellated, purple overlay which makes it very difficult to distinguish any part of the game.

All this is in the Prologue - I haven't started the main campaign as yet. What can I do to solve this? I've tried changing the resolution and fiddling with some graphics settings, but it didn't help. Updated graphics drivers, verified game cache. Paradox Support have been unable to resolve the problem - they even tried to contact Neocore and didn't get a response. Support suggested running the game from CoreTech2_x86.exe, but that didn't help - it just made everything run slower.

I can supply screenshots and DXDiag, but don't see a way to attach them here... PC is running Windows XP, graphics card is an ATI Radeon 4870. All my other games work fine.

Thanks for any help!

Upvote 0
Well, sorry to hear that nobody here has any ideas. Paradox support were unable to help me. Paradox support weren't even able to get in touch with Neocore. The problem is unresolved and will apparently remain so.

As a cherry on top, today when I logged onto Steam I found that all but 690MB of the game had deleted themselves. So now I can't transfer the files to my other computer to try again, because downloading this game took me several weeks (I'm in Brazil with a subpar internet connection and limited time with my home PC).

I'm very disappointed. Thank you Paradox support for trying to resolve the issue and for offering compensation. Neocore, I will never again buy any of your products and will warn everyone I know not to do so.