• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BarrosRodrigues

aka marcoan7onio
47 Badges
Dec 17, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
King Zog is back! Albanian World Conquest AAR (TFH 4.02)

1936 single player historical campaign as Albania
Vanilla HoI3 TFH 4.02 Started on 20/01/2012.
Difficulty: normal
Actually this is not accurate, because playing any major power in very hard is a walk in the park by comparison with playing Albania on normal difficulty (the sole exception is France). Let me explain: Very hard difficulty gives a -40% combat modifier, since Albania only has 23 land leaders (many of them are level 2 or 3 max skill) the player will have to choose if he/she will use them in 23 HQs and/or divisions; the bottom line is that Albania will have to fight large scale battles without leaders and without most of the OOB benefits; this is more or less the equivalent of the -40% combat modifier of very hard difficulty.
Regarding the -25% IC and resource handicap of very hard:
Albania will be playing ~13 months with only 2 IC; followed by ~25 months with 6IC and ~10 months with 7IC. I believe these handicaps are self-explanatory.
Since Very Hard does not affect army size, technology, manpower and leadership I won't talk about the huge Albanian handicap on those areas.

Cheats: None whatsoever
Faction: None
The writing style will be of gameplay.
My main goal is to conquer the whole world. Failure is an option, due to lack of time one major power might survive the Albanian onslaught! ;)
Puppet policy: I will have to puppet any/all that I cannot possibly defend but I will avoid it as much as possible.
Warning: Picture intensive and extremely gamey. I still do not think that extremely gamey is accurate enough, this will probably be one of the gamiest AAR you have ever seen.

Table of contents:

A humblest beginning is impossible
The Road to War
Phoney War
The Conquest Begins
Annexation of Ireland, Liberia and Portugal
Annexation of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania

Balkans Wars Part I
Balkans Wars Part II
Annexation of Persia
Annexation of Sweden
The fall of the British Empire, Hail Emperor Zog Part I
The fall of the British Empire, Hail Emperor Zog Part II
The fall of the British Empire, Hail Emperor Zog Part III
Emperor Zog tour to South Africa, Brazil and Uruguay

Last edited:

As we can see Albania starts very humbly in 1936​

IC 2/5
A-humblest-beginning-is-impossible---01.jpg

50 manpower (MP) pool and 0.4 MP gain per month:
A-humblest-beginning-is-impossible---02.jpg

Officers: 4 (!)
A-humblest-beginning-is-impossible---03.jpg

Low National Unity (49.998); a high NU of 80 is mandatory to implement all the best laws:
A-humblest-beginning-is-impossible---04.jpg

Leadership 4.44
A-humblest-beginning-is-impossible---05.jpg

Let’s see the technological knowledge of the Albanian people by 1 January of 1936:
A-humblest-beginning-is-impossible---06.gif

Let’s see the armed forces of Albania by 1 January of 1936:
A-humblest-beginning-is-impossible---07.jpg

A-humblest-beginning-is-impossible---08.jpg

A-humblest-beginning-is-impossible---09.jpg

A-humblest-beginning-is-impossible---10.jpg

My first action at the helm of Albania was to fire the “prepare for war” decision to decrease neutrality. I also had to change a few ministers, here is the 1936 cabinet:
A-humblest-beginning-is-impossible---11.jpg

The Albanian people are highly divided in terms of ideology and this is very bad because this renders spies useless for neutrality reduction purposes. Since the “prepare for war” decision won´t be enough to reduce neutrality to 0, Albania will only be able to DOW by late 1939 (or early 1940):​
A-humblest-beginning-is-impossible---12.jpg

However spies will still be invaluable in this ambitious Albania; their first task is to raise National Unity:
A-humblest-beginning-is-impossible---13.jpg

The first two sea transports were added to the build queue:
A-humblest-beginning-is-impossible---14.jpg

Here is the tech queue; espionage will have priority until all spies’ needs are fulfilled:
A-humblest-beginning-is-impossible---15.jpg

The last measure taken in 1 of January of 1936 was to align to the Axis:
A-humblest-beginning-is-impossible---16.jpg

Thanks for reading, as always feedback is most welcome! :)

Last edited:
Finally King Zog shall make his stand. In so many alternate timelines, Zog's Albania is the doormat of the Balkans. Finally, it's his turn to do a little stepping. I was pleasantly surprised with what you were able to do as Portugal. Albania is even more of a challenge, but I know you are up to the job. I look forward to you throwing the world into Zogdemonium.

Last edited:
Portugal wasn't enough of a challenge? :p
I do hope you finish that one in due time, but I will keep an eye on this as well. Good luck!

Subscribing ... and all hail Zog ! :D

Gamewise, if you can't lower neutrality enough for a DoW before 1939, it will be hard to have enough of a powerbase to face the inevitable Italian move on you... I'm eager to see how you'll manage that ;)

Oh boy, Albania! I'll be watching this.
Thanks I hope it will be worth it! :)

Finally King Zog shall make his stand. In so many alternate timelines, Zog's Albania is the doormat of the Balkans. Finally, it's his turn to do a little stepping. I was pleasantly surprised with what you were able to do as Portugal. Albania is even more of a challenge, but I know you are up to the job. I look forward to you throwing the world into Zogdemonium.
Yeah Albania has endured too much already; it is time to make them pay! ;)
I remember your comment on my Portuguese AAR, you made a great analogy that made me chuckle quite a bit.
Thank you for your support but a “Albania conquers the world” scenario is a huge challenge, a challenge that even I am not 100% sure that I will accomplish; Having said that my estimate (i.e. plan) tells me that if I fail it is because of lack of time. If the game ended on January of 1949 instead of January of 1948 I would be 100% sure that I would achieve my goal. But I will try!
Thank you for your feedback. :)
I read the other Albanian world Conquest AAR. It was quite amazing, and extremely gamey. Can't wait to see how this one turns out.
I also read most of it, but my AAR will be different because I wont join any factions. I will fight my own battles from the beginning, this AAR will be extremely gamey because I will use all weapons at my disposal to fight the AI (believe it or not I actually refrained myself in the Portuguese AAR). I just hope it is enough. Thank you for your feedback! :)
Portugal wasn't enough of a challenge? :p
I do hope you finish that one in due time, but I will keep an eye on this as well. Good luck!
Nope! ;) For me the ultimate WC challenge is to lead Albania (the only country without an army) to WC! Let’s see if I make or not… if it ends with only 2 major powers left being Albania one of them I will still consider it a success!
Regarding the Portuguese WC AAR I will finish it, but that has turned into a massive amount of work (my fault) instead of a massive amount of fun. I started to play Albania because I "desperately" need some fun. But do not worry that I will finish both. Thank you for feedback and good wishes!
World conquest with Albania? :eek:

No way I'm missing this :D

Good luck :cool:
Welcome and thanks for the good wishes!

Subscribing ... and all hail Zog ! :D

Gamewise, if you can't lower neutrality enough for a DoW before 1939, it will be hard to have enough of a powerbase to face the inevitable Italian move on you... I'm eager to see how you'll manage that ;)

The neutrality is my biggest problem but I won’t spoil it. You will have to wait but not much! :p
Thank you for your feedback! :)

Last edited:
Let’s see the armed forces of Albania by 1 January of 1936:

Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, Militia Tech, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, Militia Doctrine, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, Doctrine for currently non-existent Infantry, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing...

Subbed of course :)

Have you read Eqqman's Kneel Before Zog? It might give you some tips with this. (It's also a great AAR!) Best of luck to you!

Hail Zog! Ruler of Earth!