• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Palandiell

Captain
41 Badges
Jun 16, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
I bought the game cause it kinda reminded me of the Majesty type principal, where you don't have direct command over your troops. But now after 3 hours I am asking myself: Isn't there more to the game? Normally, paradox games have SO much possibilites of things to do even in non-strategy games (magicka)

But now it seems like it is a very boring, too-simple dungeon crawler styled game.

Bascially, you build up some log trees and carrot plants, train your soldiers a bit, build some beds, make sure that your happiness dooesn't fall too low buy building a bunch of random things that you don't care about esthetically, and then just have your diggers dig until they have found all the mission requirements. Isn't there more to it? Just food and some beds as requirments seem a bit too simplistic for a modern game.

A lot of it is RP. Get into the spirit of it. Dream. Build that dream. Look in the Dungeons and Braggin's section, and check out Jakob Werle's fortresses that he has made. Those inspired me to dream big, and it has made the game a lot more exciting. If all you do is go for the goals, then yeah, the game might get repetitive. But make each fortress your own. Dream big. Try different styles. Makes it a lot more fun for me.

The game is pretty "zen", and to me, that is a plus. Admittedly. I play it more like Minecraft and enjoy the creative aspect of it -- but it does have plenty of "regular game" aspects, too.

If you want a game for "winning" or "challenge", look elsewhere.

This game is almost pure micro with very little management.

If you (like me) don't give a flying whatever about winning and play to build dungeons the "right" way or maybe to see how many resources you can amass if you dig out every single tile of diggable earth... this is your dream game.
Sure it's pointless. Which is the whole point! It's a game.

If you want a game for "winning" or "challenge", look elsewhere.

This game is almost pure micro with very little management.

If you (like me) don't give a flying whatever about winning and play to build dungeons the "right" way or maybe to see how many resources you can amass if you dig out every single tile of diggable earth... this is your dream game.
Sure it's pointless. Which is the whole point! It's a game.

Exactly!
:D

A lot of it is RP. Get into the spirit of it. Dream. Build that dream. Look in the Dungeons and Braggin's section, and check out Jakob Werle's fortresses that he has made. Those inspired me to dream big, and it has made the game a lot more exciting. If all you do is go for the goals, then yeah, the game might get repetitive. But make each fortress your own. Dream big. Try different styles. Makes it a lot more fun for me.

What stops me from that is that I can't see how my mine looks like with the eye of a dwarf. I mean what's the point of building a huge throne-hall with all the nice decorations and huge columns kinda like Moria, when I have to imagine what it would look like sitting on that throne? I love creative games and I bought aGoD thinking it's a creative game, and it is, but with this level system you have to imagine your mine and I can do that lying in the grass under the sun without actually playing the game :)

What stops me from that is that I can't see how my mine looks like with the eye of a dwarf. I mean what's the point of building a huge throne-hall with all the nice decorations and huge columns kinda like Moria, when I have to imagine what it would look like sitting on that throne? I love creative games and I bought aGoD thinking it's a creative game, and it is, but with this level system you have to imagine your mine and I can do that lying in the grass under the sun without actually playing the game :)

Yes you can do this.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?643382-How-to-Enable-Hidden-Camera-Controls

Enjoy!
:)