• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(503651)

Second Lieutenant
3 Badges
Jun 9, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
I have been looking in quite a few sites but i can't find anything about this code other then "Handsoff"

Does it cancel events or something?

Many thanks for reading.

I have been looking in quite a few sites but i can't find anything about this code other then "Handsoff"

Does it cancel events or something?

Many thanks for reading.

I believe it makes it so nothing that would normally pause the game pauses it. I don't know exactly how events are handled, but the idea is to be able to sit and watch (or leave it running) without having to touch it. It's more useful for testing mods and AI balance than anything else, really.

Yeah, it just makes it so nothing can pause the game. I think the events still pop up, but the game still doesn't pause. If you want to do a handsoff game, I suggest using a nation like Cuba or Bhutan.

Thank you for the reply Duke, Vcget.
I was actually hoping to find a command that cancelled events in order to play a total conquest campaign with the United Kingdom will all countries released. Events where interfering with that so instead I deleted the content of the events file in the copy of Darkest hour i made for this "sandbox" game

I hope to encounter you in these forms in the future.

Yeah, it just makes it so nothing can pause the game. I think the events still pop up, but the game still doesn't pause. If you want to do a handsoff game, I suggest using a nation like Cuba or Bhutan.
I've been using Switzerland. Any particular reason to not use it?

I've been using Switzerland. Any particular reason to not use it?

Not really, just closer proximity to Germany. The reason I didn't mention it is that I usually use handsoff with the Kaiserreich mod, where Switzerland has an event or two.