+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One specific question for Dev's regarding Zoroastrianism.

One specific question for Dev's regarding Zoroastrianism.

Will the Saoshyant be something possible to atain or become? Perhaps by becoming emperor of Persia and removing all Muslim presence the player could be declared or declare yourself Saoshyant?

For those that don't know the Saoshyant was a belief that came around the 9th century that a prophet/hero would come to save the faith and kick the Muslims out.

Also, if it is possible would it become a one time trait or something along the lines of Sayyid in that it passes to your children.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

AH! GENIUS! Hope a dev gets an eye on this thread!

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Paradox do a big reasearch for the Muslims, with Ibn Khaldun etc. I hope really they do the same great research for the Zoroastrians

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I second this. It seems like an awesome idea.

I hate video games HabemusZlatan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Dude that's mondo cool.
    Here be dragons

Unrepentant Liberal Democrat Ols's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I think that's an excellent idea. I can see it as being along the lines of Augustus and assigning an enormous amount of legitimacy to your rule to the extent that Persian and Kurdish de jure vassals are reluctant to revolt or plot against you.

According to Wikipedia, the Saoshyant is a Messianic figure who will win the final battle against evil and herald the resurrection and eternal life of all souls. That doesn't quite sound like just "kicking the muslims out".

Quote Originally Posted by PAnZuRiEL View Post
    According to Wikipedia, the Saoshyant is a Messianic figure who will win the final battle against evil and herald the resurrection and eternal life of all souls. That doesn't quite sound like just "kicking the muslims out".
    Yeah religious institutions are never exploited for political gain! Never!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Me gusta. In other words, I support this.
    Voltaire - "I would rather be ruled by one lion than by one hundred rats."

My Inkwell

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

The Jews kept proclaiming "I am the Messiah of the Bible, I shall lead you to independence from the Romans/Seleucids!" and the defeat of such rebellions generally made them think they weren't the Messiah. I wouldn't say it's all that far-fetched, even if I'd naturally like a source for them ascribing this kind of expectation of the Saoshyant.

Beyond just that the Muslims were an evil to win a battle against. I suppose they could be the first step towards his march on defeating all evil, thus being rather.. restorative of the old Empire before dying and failing to meet the religious expectations. At which point "Hey, he wasn't the one we were waiting for, but he did a pretty great job as Shahanshah, at least!".

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Maybe the Persian Empire is the ETERNAL life of all souls.

True, 100% true of what is stated there but and mind you. I'm drawing from a college lecture but this was formalized as a idea around the 9th-11th centuries as a result of 2 things. The dominance of the Muslims in Persia and at the same time the belief in a Messiah existing already in Islam. It became a central tenant of the faith because ''Of course someone is going to come along and restore the old Empire, these guys won't convert everyone''

I'm not a near eastern Scholar/Theologian so I have never heard of this before. But wow! I dont think this would be hard to implement, and it adds a bunch of awesome flavor. What a great idea.

/Signed

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

It would fit nicely as an ambition coupled with the amount of land regained, prestige and piety.

What I would like to see (but know it will never happen) is the left overs of the Manichaeans. The Manichaean church split into two East vs West, with the Archegos/Yamag of the West in Ctesiphon and the Archegos/Yamag of the East in Samarkand. The Archegos in Samarkand managed to maintain a greater degree of independence (and lasted a hell of a lot longer!) than his rival in the West. It'd be nice to have some random rebels or courtiers spawn and make trouble for the muslims in the East...

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Would be great if there was a Khurramite faction too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khurramites

First Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings II500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

you could probably add a prestige and piety gain like when Christians form the kingdom of Jerusalem .
    My Motto for running countries: Rule it like you stole it.
    My other motto: walk softly and carry a BFG the Stick just doesn't have the Umph.
    "If music be the food of love play on." William Shakespeare
    "if you try to feed love with today's music it's going to starve." King of AR

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

I would like the option of being able to convert to the majority religion of a province you govern.

+ Reply to Thread