• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reactions:
Looks great! Can't wait to see the British and French ones too!

I always found it weird how we had 1920-1936 new sprites but nothing before that :p

In those days, we first wanted add a new time period into the game (the interwar period), before we start to "rework" the two existing ones.

Thank you for your positive feedback :)

Last edited:
Thank you sir! The awesome sprites were always a great incentive to play to the late game, but now they come sooner X^)

In those days, we first wanted add a new time period into the game (the interwar period), before we start to "rework" the two existing ones.

Thank you for your positive feedback :)

I just want to ask you something, when it comes to Vic 2, is it possible to add new sprites to any specific period, or you guys can only change sprites based on the different start dates? Is it possible to have different sprites per say every 20 years in game? (by that I'm only asking as a rhetorical question, not trying to suggest to do it that way! :happy: )

I just want to ask you something, when it comes to Vic 2, is it possible to add new sprites to any specific period, or you guys can only change sprites based on the different start dates? Is it possible to have different sprites per say every 20 years in game? (by that I'm only asking as a rhetorical question, not trying to suggest to do it that way! :happy: )

You can do it based on techs I guess, but everybody researches techs at a different time :p

Reactions:
I'm "okay" with the sprites, but new music is really needed, after hearing the same few songs over and over again I just started muting the game and playing my own music.

Vic 1 music fits really well in Vic 2. I put Vic 1 in Vic 2 and love it.

Will these lovely sprites be included in the HOD expansion, or will they be a separate purchase?

I would like to ask that question too, or are this DLC only for AHD?

I would like to ask that question too, or are this DLC only for AHD?

My best guess is separate DLC - after all, the US Civil War infantry sprites came separately from AHD.

My best guess is separate DLC - after all, the US Civil War infantry sprites came separately from AHD.

Most likely a separate DLC. There may be some new sprites that come with the expansion.

Great! I also think that the tanks should perhaps be changed in the '20s or so. It seems a little odd in 1930 having WW1 German boxed tanks:happy:

Great! I also think that the tanks should perhaps be changed in the '20s or so. It seems a little odd in 1930 having WW1 German boxed tanks:happy:

That's funny. I was thinking about starting a new Thread or just adding to this one about that. I will post some stuff about that in here!

That's funny. I was thinking about starting a new Thread or just adding to this one about that. I will post some stuff about that in here!

Thanks. I wonder if this is coming in the new expansion? I wouldn't count on it, but I think everyone would be pleasantly surprised to see it in there:)

Complete honesty moment: It took me until finding this topic to realize that the USCA had a unique skin for its soldiers, despite it being my main country... I always thought they just used default.

Either way, personally, I'm sort of hoping to see some of those nice historical uniforms, be a nice change of pace from the 80 years of redcoats and Napoleonic-era uniforms for Britian and Spain.

Last edited:
New tanks would be nice, but I'm not pinning my hopes on it - though one thinks HOI3 could have the early 30s armor sprites ready-made for them to implement...

I for one am looking forward to seeing what the new ship class looks like. It'd be awesome if they could have country specific ship sprites (though extremely unlikely) - imagine having L'Ocean as France or the HMS Warrior as the UK, or the CSS Alabama... the list goes on X^)

I was intrigued to see several people posting complaints about the inability to handle in-game music, because I too have merged the V1 and V2 music files into a single folder and have had no problems. And believe me, I have spent enough hours playing this game that were the same songs repeating over and over, even I would notice eventually!

Is it possible that variablity of encountering this problem depends in some way on the audio softward installed on our computers?

I was intrigued to see several people posting complaints about the inability to handle in-game music, because I too have merged the V1 and V2 music files into a single folder and have had no problems. And believe me, I have spent enough hours playing this game that were the same songs repeating over and over, even I would notice eventually!

Is it possible that variablity of encountering this problem depends in some way on the audio softward installed on our computers?

I've had these issues over 3 separate laptops, perhaps I've just been unlucky each time (No sarcasm intended, I do get this kind of luck)

Reactions: