+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Music in EU4?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossSemper FiVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Did anyone here try the EU3 music DLC? Didn't like it at all. The tunes were too soft, subtle and instrumental, closer to CK2 tunes than the epic drum beats of EU3. I hope the EU4 music will have that touch of epicness to it.
    "War is the supreme test of man in which he rises to heights never approached in any other activity." - General George S. Patton

Samuel de Champlain vol. II GregElSho's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Straigthtsilver View Post
    Nothing is stopping you from deleting the entirety of the game's soundtrack and plopping down a playlist of your favorite classical pieces. However, I for one will happily listen to Hanz Zimmer's "Pirates of the Carribbean" soundtracks which have thus far been brilliant.
    No, sir, you can't possibly be happily listening to Hans Zimmer's soundtracks. The previous poster has told you: they're generic and boring. And that can't be subjected to any objection on your part. It's not like it's a matter of personal taste, after all.
    [/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_RavenAUS View Post
    Did anyone here try the EU3 music DLC? Didn't like it at all. The tunes were too soft, subtle and instrumental, closer to CK2 tunes than the epic drum beats of EU3. I hope the EU4 music will have that touch of epicness to it.
    But then again, you're not always conquering and butchering in the course of a game. I thus feel like calmer tunes are quite nice too.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyanov View Post
    Weird how people registered 2010 - 2012 are talking about falalalan. This tune was legendary back in the day when EU2 was a shiny new game.
    As a wise man once said, the popularity of Falalala among older players is proof of one thing, and one thing only.

The stockholm syndrome is real.
    NEWSFLASH: If you ever said "It's called EUROPA Universalis" as sole justification for blatant misrepresentation of the RoW: you're likely on my ignore list.
    Age of Discovery: The World beyond Europe
    30 native hordes in North America, warring city states in Mexico: a mod about the world 15th century Europe was about to encounter...
    KIA by the Prix in BlueEmu's Ad Astra, 2nd character underway.

Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Straigthtsilver View Post
    Nothing is stopping you from deleting the entirety of the game's soundtrack and plopping down a playlist of your favorite classical pieces.

Following your argument, no suggestions or wishes should be posted, as there is nothing (legally, morally or practically?) stopping me from customizing a product into something different as I please.

Putting down a playlist of classical music that adjust itself to the period I'm playing at to any given time, and that integrates into all other in-game sounds just like the original soundtrack is a great task to overcome from me who isn't a programmer. It's a task I would probably not even want to take on at all as I consider it impossible for me to do, thus I wanted to share with you my disappointment that Paradox has long since left that very great concept. Hearing the different classical pieces change as different eras passed was a great and integral part of the EU experience in my opinion.
    This is my signature.

Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by GregElSho View Post
    No, sir, you can't possibly be happily listening to Hans Zimmer's soundtracks. The previous poster has told you: they're generic and boring. And that can't be subjected to any objection on your part. It's not like it's a matter of personal taste, after all.
    [/sarcasm]

It is fascinating how people can miss the target by such margins. It was never my intention to claim that music was ever an objective fact. I have made no effort whatsoever in trying to construct my posts into something that seems like it's less subjective than it actually is. I'm just saying that I am personally sorry that what I consider industry generic (movies and games alike) music somewhat takes the immersion away from my personal experience with the games. Am I not allowed to have my own opinions on the matter without being given sarcastic replies in return?
    This is my signature.

Samuel de Champlain vol. II GregElSho's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Sadly, Paradox have long since established that they will stick to the generic and boring Hans Zimmer "Pirates of The Caribbean"-style of soundtrack for their games.
    I'm just saying that I am personally sorry that what I consider industry generic (movies and games alike) music somewhat takes the immersion away from my personal experience with the games. Am I not allowed to have my own opinions on the matter without being given sarcastic replies in return?
    I really don't think you were as detached as you think you were. But anyhow, of course you're entitled to your opinion, provided you state that this "sadly, they have long since established they will keep using crappy tunes" is a personal taste of yours.
    Because the way you put it, not only does it seem to me like you have nothing but cold contempt regarding people who enjoy said tunes ; but also come out a bit insulting to the work of Andreas Waldetoft and Hans Zimmer.
    I may be wrong in my interpretation, but I just think that you weren't as clear as you thought you were.
    No hard feelings from me in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by midget_roxx View Post
    If it's like Eu3 you can post the Eu3 soundtrack into the Eu4 sountrack folder and you've got both music
    They will probably use ogg format again for the music, so that won't work without converting the mp3s first.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Weird how people registered 2010 - 2012 are talking about falalalan. This tune was legendary back in the day when EU2 was a shiny new game. Speaking of which, I have for years missed the music from EU2 - genuine classical music from the period the game is set. Sadly, Paradox have long since established that they will stick to the generic and boring Hans Zimmer "Pirates of The Caribbean"-style of soundtrack for their games.
    I played EU2 long before I registered on this forum. I was 10 years old when it came out.

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    Weird how people registered 2010 - 2012 are talking about falalalan. This tune was legendary back in the day when EU2 was a shiny new game. Speaking of which, I have for years missed the music from EU2 - genuine classical music from the period the game is set. Sadly, Paradox have long since established that they will stick to the generic and boring Hans Zimmer "Pirates of The Caribbean"-style of soundtrack for their games.
    But it pumps the adrenaline. It's IMNHO far from boring. The fact that I'm bored with the EU3 soundtrack is more cause I've heard it over a million times. But then again, the same happened with the EU2 sound track, or any kind of music I hear that often.
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Soundtrack must include Falalalan
    Demonl

The music is completely moddable. Just drop your annoying meme song in /music and add it to the txt file. Done.

I have over 200 songs in my CK2 playlist.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

I'd rather listen to Falalalan for an hour straight than Sabaton.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You know what's weird? Listening to Zappa while playing Vic2.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    there will be a completely new soundtrack for eu4.
    Good to know Looking foward to some epic music.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasma Doctor View Post
    I usually listen to Sabaton when I play EU3.
    Same here. Even though I find their music is the best to listen while playing HoI 3 1940-45 - maybe with the exception of Carolus Rex. (If I remember right, then I heard there music in a Semper Fi trailer for the first time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bread8756 View Post
    A good man we got here.
    So true.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard

Paradox games typically have a really nice soundtrack, the CK2 one I've been listening to on and off since the game came out so I've no doubt EUIV will have a great one as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2