• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Did anyone here try the EU3 music DLC? Didn't like it at all. The tunes were too soft, subtle and instrumental, closer to CK2 tunes than the epic drum beats of EU3. I hope the EU4 music will have that touch of epicness to it.

Nothing is stopping you from deleting the entirety of the game's soundtrack and plopping down a playlist of your favorite classical pieces. However, I for one will happily listen to Hanz Zimmer's "Pirates of the Carribbean" soundtracks which have thus far been brilliant.

No, sir, you can't possibly be happily listening to Hans Zimmer's soundtracks. The previous poster has told you: they're generic and boring. And that can't be subjected to any objection on your part. It's not like it's a matter of personal taste, after all.
[/sarcasm]

Did anyone here try the EU3 music DLC? Didn't like it at all. The tunes were too soft, subtle and instrumental, closer to CK2 tunes than the epic drum beats of EU3. I hope the EU4 music will have that touch of epicness to it.

But then again, you're not always conquering and butchering in the course of a game. I thus feel like calmer tunes are quite nice too.

Weird how people registered 2010 - 2012 are talking about falalalan. This tune was legendary back in the day when EU2 was a shiny new game.

As a wise man once said, the popularity of Falalala among older players is proof of one thing, and one thing only.

The stockholm syndrome is real.

Nothing is stopping you from deleting the entirety of the game's soundtrack and plopping down a playlist of your favorite classical pieces.

Following your argument, no suggestions or wishes should be posted, as there is nothing (legally, morally or practically?) stopping me from customizing a product into something different as I please.

Putting down a playlist of classical music that adjust itself to the period I'm playing at to any given time, and that integrates into all other in-game sounds just like the original soundtrack is a great task to overcome from me who isn't a programmer. It's a task I would probably not even want to take on at all as I consider it impossible for me to do, thus I wanted to share with you my disappointment that Paradox has long since left that very great concept. Hearing the different classical pieces change as different eras passed was a great and integral part of the EU experience in my opinion.

No, sir, you can't possibly be happily listening to Hans Zimmer's soundtracks. The previous poster has told you: they're generic and boring. And that can't be subjected to any objection on your part. It's not like it's a matter of personal taste, after all.
[/sarcasm]

It is fascinating how people can miss the target by such margins. It was never my intention to claim that music was ever an objective fact. I have made no effort whatsoever in trying to construct my posts into something that seems like it's less subjective than it actually is. I'm just saying that I am personally sorry that what I consider industry generic (movies and games alike) music somewhat takes the immersion away from my personal experience with the games. Am I not allowed to have my own opinions on the matter without being given sarcastic replies in return?

Sadly, Paradox have long since established that they will stick to the generic and boring Hans Zimmer "Pirates of The Caribbean"-style of soundtrack for their games. :sad:

I'm just saying that I am personally sorry that what I consider industry generic (movies and games alike) music somewhat takes the immersion away from my personal experience with the games. Am I not allowed to have my own opinions on the matter without being given sarcastic replies in return?

I really don't think you were as detached as you think you were. But anyhow, of course you're entitled to your opinion, provided you state that this "sadly, they have long since established they will keep using crappy tunes" is a personal taste of yours.
Because the way you put it, not only does it seem to me like you have nothing but cold contempt regarding people who enjoy said tunes ; but also come out a bit insulting to the work of Andreas Waldetoft and Hans Zimmer.
I may be wrong in my interpretation, but I just think that you weren't as clear as you thought you were.
No hard feelings from me in any case.

Weird how people registered 2010 - 2012 are talking about falalalan. This tune was legendary back in the day when EU2 was a shiny new game. Speaking of which, I have for years missed the music from EU2 - genuine classical music from the period the game is set. Sadly, Paradox have long since established that they will stick to the generic and boring Hans Zimmer "Pirates of The Caribbean"-style of soundtrack for their games. :sad:
I played EU2 long before I registered on this forum. I was 10 years old when it came out. :p

Weird how people registered 2010 - 2012 are talking about falalalan. This tune was legendary back in the day when EU2 was a shiny new game. Speaking of which, I have for years missed the music from EU2 - genuine classical music from the period the game is set. Sadly, Paradox have long since established that they will stick to the generic and boring Hans Zimmer "Pirates of The Caribbean"-style of soundtrack for their games. :sad:
But it pumps the adrenaline. It's IMNHO far from boring. The fact that I'm bored with the EU3 soundtrack is more cause I've heard it over a million times. But then again, the same happened with the EU2 sound track, or any kind of music I hear that often.

The music is completely moddable. Just drop your annoying meme song in /music and add it to the txt file. Done.

I have over 200 songs in my CK2 playlist.

there will be a completely new soundtrack for eu4.

Good to know:D Looking foward to some epic music.

I usually listen to Sabaton when I play EU3.

Same here. Even though I find their music is the best to listen while playing HoI 3 1940-45 - maybe with the exception of Carolus Rex. (If I remember right, then I heard there music in a Semper Fi trailer for the first time.)

A good man we got here.

So true.