• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(295862)

Corporal
9 Badges
Apr 3, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
New York City

I just bought the US Cities DLC which includes New York City and San Francisco.

I don't get it, New York is one of the biggest cities in the world with over 8Mio people and you design it as a 1024x1024 map? Even Bucharest has a bigger map with 1280x1280. It should have been the size of Tokio at least. And where is the World Trade Center? Where are the Twin towers? They are not where they supposed to be and it's 1980 so they should be standing. Why such an inaccurate map? It's a DLC you had all the time in the world, and you want 5 Euros for it, so why can't you give it a little effort?

It's hugely disappointing. I was interested in buying more DLC's but I certainly won't now.

I was mostly disappointed with the map size and their exclusion of the Bronx. It should have been a 1280 x 1280 map. I was also hoping for at least one NYC subway metro train. They created a Washington DC metro in one of the earlier DLC's yet that system isn't as famous or innovative as the one in New York City. Other than that I think they were fairly accurate with the details. But I do agree wasn't what I was hoping for.

New York was definitely somewhat of a disappointment. Even I living in the UK in a relatively small town can clearly see that it is barely New York. Hopefully the upcoming London DLC won't be as bad.

I understand they're a small studio and all, but I see single people making better maps in just their spare time. I mean no offense to the devs as the game is good, but DLC could certainly use a bit more effort.

No Macy's, no Madison Square Garden, no Penn Station, etc. Just a generic city with no unique vehicles. Considering the NYC subway is the world's largest, you figure it should have had at least one new train. And I still hate the night cities, they look dreary.

Hey,how come new york does not have a railway station?

It does have a central station:

300273_citiesinmotionny30.11.11_img06_medium.jpg

It's Grand Central Terminal. CO created a Landmark for this and didn't use the "regular" train terminal. You will not see trains going in or out of it, in reality all train tracks going there are underground. In the game they just don't exist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Central_Terminal

Only complaint so far for me was what is the point of those 3 tracks that end in nothing in Queens? Freight trains go there and after awhile just disappear.

View attachment 55995

I think that the rails were supposed to go undergrond there, possebly to Grand central, or that they planned the "Penn Station" and that the tracks were supposed to be the AmTrak /LIRR tracks going out. But thats only what i think.

I think that the rails were supposed to go undergrond there, possebly to Grand central, or that they planned the "Penn Station" and that the tracks were supposed to be the AmTrak /LIRR tracks going out. But thats only what i think.
Those 3 tracks are supposed to be the Sunnyside Yards in queens which connect to the East River Tunnels to Penn Station

I just bought the US Cities DLC which includes New York City and San Francisco.

I don't get it, New York is one of the biggest cities in the world with over 8Mio people and you design it as a 1024x1024 map? Even Bucharest has a bigger map with 1280x1280. It should have been the size of Tokio at least. And where is the World Trade Center? Where are the Twin towers? They are not where they supposed to be and it's 1980 so they should be standing. Why such an inaccurate map? It's a DLC you had all the time in the world, and you want 5 Euros for it, so why can't you give it a little effort?

It's hugely disappointing. I was interested in buying more DLC's but I certainly won't now.

That's just incredible. :(

I started a few days ago on a NYC Map. This Map is huge 2048x2048.

Update: Times Square 1-2-3 & N-R-Q Also, Progress photo of lines laid down. Green dots are stations. You can connect them and see which lines they pretty much are. NYC Map for CIM coming!!

Lines laid so far: A-C-E, L, GS Shuttle, N-Q-R for Queens (partial Manhattan), F for Queens (Partial Manhattan) - Piece of 1-2-3, and J is laid.

I think I'm going to extend the 7 to the JJ Center and possibly make the 2nd ave line. Though this map is huge I didn't realize how much bigger the system is in real life. Its hard fitting these lines in where it makes sense and they're not too close example the 1-2-3 and the 4-5-6...obviously one is east the other west. I'm trying to keep trains in their correct locations for the most part. Obviously A LOT of stations will not make it. I believe the 4-5-6 goes from like 14th st and has maybe one or two stations between them before hitting Fulton. This project is massive within itself but just not big as the real thing. The A from 207 to Far Rock is like 35 stops one way...so you get an idea (round trip is like 30+ mins REAL time). The L line pretty much has all stations.

554436_10200417063896131_423143210_n.jpg

550091_10200425756313436_357035979_n.jpg
- Updated Map green dots are stations.

483068_10200425753633369_1983875150_n.jpg
- Times Square (7 line not done yet)

428342_10200419297951981_1091147338_n.jpg
- Broad Channel A line

486072_10200419297431968_338251200_n.jpg
- Jamaica Bay going into Broad Channel

537144_10200422383549119_1808287202_n.jpg
- WTC will be moved further down the map a bit.

Hope you guys like. Suggestions welcomed!

Will be adding Amtrak, Metro North, NJT and LIRR lines as well, but they will be short...to the extent of what is on a NYC subway map.
7 line will be extended to JJC as stated, and possibly the 2nd ave subway will be put in.