• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In this expansion I know it not to be, but. In future you planning to do expansion for land units, like in PoN (marine infantry, mountain infantry, coastal artillery, and others)?

We dont list AI improvements and bug fixes as main features of an expansion. That would be crazy. We have a few ides concerning land and war as well, stay tuned for the dev diaries up to release.

Well an "Improved AI" among the features listed would be enough to calm us militant rebels :p Anyway,can't wait to see these ideas concerning land warfare.Even small things would be a huge improvement of the current state.

Thanks for your quick answer ! :)

I just bought the other day AHD... now, this... Paradox, why you hate my bank account so much??? :(

Seriously tho, this looks amazing... as others have said before me, the newspaper screen alone is worth the whole expansion!!!
And I'm curious to read more about the new colonial system, being a big fan of colonization

While there are plenty of things that could be improved/expanded upon, and while, yes, I too am slightly disappointed some of them doesn't seem to be getting any improvements, any expansion is better than none, and obviously the scope has to be limited to some extent, else the expansion would take years to make. Also, I am sure not all features are listed in the announcement either.
In short: There are some things I am disappointed in not seeing but all in all... YAAAY! :D

I see vague mentions of diplomatic issues. feel free to post scenarios and situations in the bug subforum (dont derail this thread!) where the AI screws up diplomatically and I'll know if we can do something about it. If you don't tell me I wont know what the problem is. If you can include savegames showing the problem chances of a fix goes up 3000%.
One "diplomatic issue" that really ought to be fixed is that the AI doesn't call allies into war once a war has started. The mechanic is there already, the player can use it, but the AI doesn't.

still no fix to the buggeringly bad core diplomatic system... oh well, maybe next year... until then there will be east vs west

The Horror, the horror

We live as we dream, alone.

My imagination is going mad right now.

I wonder if new crises feature can refer not only to SoIs and colonisation but also to rebellions. Will it be possible to back up minority uprisings against absolutist powers like Balkan Slavs, Poles, etc.

the biggest current problem is the economy
all the factories prior to fuel refinery is worthless, it seems everybody is losing at this stage. supply/demand and input/throughput/output ratios should be redefined.

I see vague mentions of diplomatic issues. feel free to post scenarios and situations in the bug subforum (dont derail this thread!) where the AI screws up diplomatically and I'll know if we can do something about it. If you don't tell me I wont know what the problem is. If you can include savegames showing the problem chances of a fix goes up 3000%.

I feel that I haven't been clear, there is no bug. The AI works exactly as designed....

After a couple of games of V2 it becomes very obvious that the AI system isn't reactive and the same AI diplomatic patterns emerge repeatedly which damages any game /model plausibility. Basically the diplomatic AI gets stuck in a loop and repeats the same patterns of behavior again and again and countries that are not involved in the loop have no way of reacting to this loop. Alternatively, the AI does very, very little. A good example of this is how great powers influence minors, they select a very small number and very rarely change that number regardless of the situation.

Cause of these issues is immediately obvious when you take apart the AI files for each individual country. you can see that there isn't the information inside is very limited, there are few drivers for each country and there is no way for these to evolve or change. This affects who they ally with, who they try to sphere and who they feel threatened by, and without the depth there it's fairly pointless. But perhaps more importantly its clear that there is no mechanism for ( beyond high BB (which the AI only very rarely achieves)) to push the diplomatic AI to act in a balance of power manner; in effect to change it's diplomatic priorities. The diplomatic priorities never really changes regardless of the situation.

As a result running various scenarios and sending you the files would not be an effective use of my time, - you already have all the information. I am sure you are aware of the issue that I am are describing, and if not then I suggest that grab a spare machine and have it run hands off or as very minor power games for a couple of days whilst you work. It's almost immediately apparent. There is no reason why diplomatic AI would not fully function without a player in a major power position.

No one is asking for a super AI, it's just not feasible, but two things need to be addressed. Firstly, there needs to be some depth in the existing diplomatic AI system; secondly, there needs to be an additional diplomatic function which can change that over time according to power rankings and geography which need not be complicated. From reading the EU4 notes it "looks" like that the additional diplomatic function has already been built. Perhaps investigating taking some of that coding expertise/ knowledge / structure and examining how to utilize it in V2 would be a good starting point. Good luck.

Last edited:
Awesome, awesome, awesome. :)

Lets just buy a pile of these so they will make another expension with more WW1 type focus (submarines, later game improvements, land war upgrades, etc...)? :p

When and where can we pre-order? :D

that's... you know... creepy

Unless this is an accurate picture of The Super Pope:

738042_9f9c_1024x2000.jpg

Truly chilling...... Turkey, not "Ottoman". "So!!!!"1), not "Russia"....... Spain at the reactionary's hands!
Lets keep eyes on the political movements! :ninja:

1)Truly it would be "SOVIET UNION"!

-Prepare for International Crises: Around the world international crises continually call on the Great Powers to mediate and compromise, with war always being the last resort. As one of the lesser powers, use your influence to stir up the local flash points so you can use fleet footed diplomacy to get the Great Powers to right the wrongs that have been committed against your nation!

This is exactly what I was hoping for, finally something to represent the Concert of Europe!

Last edited:
Crisis, Concert and Compromise!
Looks beyond brilliant. I desperately hope politics is getting party activation, deactivation and religion and culture back as well though.
And that all the unmentioned improvements will be just as awesome as those in the press release.

Kinda weird that the site has had these whole pages up but no news posts on the forum frontpage. No worries though, brilliant news at any rate.