• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sweet! Good to see Paradox's greatest franchise getting more love.

This looks incredible. New colonial system sounds brilliant, will allow for much more interesting colonial expansion!

In the screenshot of the UK in 1896, look at the insane number of ships, over 3,000! I can't wait to hear more about the new naval system.

Newspapers sound like a fantastic addition, it will make it easy to keep up to date with worldwide events. Reminds me of Imperialism and Imperialism 2!

Best news of all, is the Q1 release date. Unlses I'm mistaken, this means that we should be playing this within the next 9 weeks!

We can also see two new mapmodes, one with a bomb icon, one with an anchor icon. Something to do with revolutions and something to do with the new naval system.

In addition we can see a new great power variable below prestige, industry and army in the upper left corner, again with the anchor. From the looks of it there is now an upper cap on how many ships you can have.
And from the pics of Britain it looks like the cap might be a soft cap, like in EU3. My take is that military power has been separated between army and navy in some way different from before.

Also if you look at Britain's value - 3102, it seems too much for a quantity. Maybe it's displacement tonnage. That would be great

People ask Paradox for WWI and Paradox gives them a diplomatic system whereby WWI can be avoided.

Anti-Determinist as ever.

still no fix to the buggeringly bad core diplomatic system... oh well, maybe next year... until then there will be east vs west

Absolutely.

Unless this is fixed, (and Eu4 looks like it has the answer) then adding additional features is, sadly, probably a waste of time.

This is frustrating because the four new areas are the exact 4 areas I would have chosen to take this game forwards.

Also if you look at Britain's value - 3102, it seems too much for a quantity. Maybe it's displacement tonnage. That would be great

I wonder if there is now some modelling of a merchant navy? Some other screenshots have far lower numbers, suggesting that this could still be a quantity. I'd love to see some kind of behind the scenes merchant capacity, which would impact colonies and trade.

This looks pretty sweet. And the release date is almost upon us as well. :)

I'm very much looking forward to the possibility of exploiting international crises.

This looks incredible. New colonial system sounds brilliant, will allow for much more interesting colonial expansion!

In the screenshot of the UK in 1896, look at the insane number of ships, over 3,000! I can't wait to hear more about the new naval system.

Newspapers sound like a fantastic addition, it will make it easy to keep up to date with worldwide events. Reminds me of Imperialism and Imperialism 2!

Best news of all, is the Q1 release date. Unlses I'm mistaken, this means that we should be playing this within the next 9 weeks!

well i *presume* they must have been working on this for a while now. So theyve probably added most of the features and are making the new events, tweaking AI's and making the patch to come along with it.

Did you notice the naval battle changes that appear in the naval battle screenshot (image 4 of 7)? :)

well i *presume* they must have been working on this for a while now. So theyve probably added most of the features and are making the new events, tweaking AI's and making the patch to come along with it.

So no improvement of the land combat system ?AI ? That's not really good news,even if these features sound great.

Edit: Also,the screenshot of the map scares me...

We dont list AI improvements and bug fixes as main features of an expansion. That would be crazy. We have a few ides concerning land and war as well, stay tuned for the dev diaries up to release.

will be there achievements system like HoI3 and EU3 too?

sadly no achievement system

Absolutely.

Unless this is fixed, (and Eu4 looks like it has the answer) then adding additional features is, sadly, probably a waste of time.

This is frustrating because the four new areas are the exact 4 areas I would have chosen to take this game forwards.

I see vague mentions of diplomatic issues. feel free to post scenarios and situations in the bug subforum (dont derail this thread!) where the AI screws up diplomatically and I'll know if we can do something about it. If you don't tell me I wont know what the problem is. If you can include savegames showing the problem chances of a fix goes up 3000%.

Sweet! Good to see Paradox's greatest franchise getting more love.

Yes this. Of course, as others have posted, there's alot of things that could be expanded upon on in this the greatest of games (I would have loved a revolutions/civil wars themed expansion, for instance), I'm thrilled that V2 is getting some love, and the stuff in the expansion definately won't make the game worse so let's not start complaining!