• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
yes I totally didnt use a cheat code ;P

That link will baffle others, RR. Not a tag though, can script colour per gov type now, although this is the only use we're making of it :p

That link will baffle others, RR. Not a tag though, can script colour per gov type now, although this is the only use we're making of it :p

What link? Seriously. I did not post here. Nothing happened.

That's really cool, you can't have a green USSR anymore than you could have a yellow UK, a blue Germany or a pink Mexico. It's just wrong.

Hi!

W2Z0YjO.png

God I love this <3

I DEMAND MORE COLOUR CHANGES, PDOX.

I WANT ACCESS TO A BETA NOW.

IN EXCHANGE, I GIVE YOU STRING.

God I love this <3

I DEMAND MORE COLOUR CHANGES, PDOX.

I WANT ACCESS TO A BETA NOW.

IN EXCHANGE, I GIVE YOU STRING.

Vicky2\common\countries\[country].txt => Color = { [put desired color here] } ;)

Edit: Oups, missed that "That link will baffle others, RR. Not a tag though, can script colour per gov type now, although this is the only use we're making of it "

Last edited:
If theres changes to colour, anychance for flags to change to country flags instead of just government types?
Or parties expanded to return all they had in Victoria?

Well, that came unexpected. It will be nice to mod a change between the greenish Ottoman empire and the red Turkish republic. I hope the first Dev diary comes soon!

If theres changes to colour, anychance for flags to change to country flags instead of just government types?

What do you mean? At the present, flags are determined by both country tag and government type.

Or parties expanded to return all they had in Victoria?

IIRC the only thing that they had in V1 that isn't present in V2 is that in V1 parties could belong a certain culture or religion (there was also the major and minor party thing, too), and that they could be waken and slept by event. I agree that culture-specific parties would be nice, and so would being able to wake and sleep them by event, too.

Wow, interesting icons in right center.

can script colour per gov type now
Very awesome!

Is the same true of other things in the country files? For example, can unit_names change per gov type? That way Imperial Russia won't build a ship named "Volya" (Free Will), and communist Russia won't build one named "Pyotr Velikyy" (Peter the Great).

I like how the PDS guys really listen to forum complains and act accordingly.
That was noticed already when AHD was released, but is worth being mentioned again.
It is one of the reasons why I would do a "blind buy" when it comes to Vic2 expansions.

What do you mean? At the present, flags are determined by both country tag and government type.

IIRC the only thing that they had in V1 that isn't present in V2 is that in V1 parties could belong a certain culture or religion (there was also the major and minor party thing, too), and that they could be waken and slept by event. I agree that culture-specific parties would be nice, and so would being able to wake and sleep them by event, too.

As in Victoria where flags could be changed by event. i.e. country flag flag_1886 causes the country to use its TAG_1886 flag instead of the TAG_monarchy flag. Maybe with defaulting to government if there isnt a flag for the flag_#### incase the event goes wrong.

Again with the other, in V1 culture and religion and minor parties didnt work as there wasnt coalitions, in V2 there are coalitions, but they are more or less useless as there arent culture or religion or thrid_party values for parties. So theres little use for multiple parties of the same ideology. With coalitions and all the other improvements, V2 has everything needed for V1style parties to work except the allowance for them. And theyre the one thing needed so V2s political system would work.

These two steps back are the one great flaw of Victoria 2, the one place where it failed where Victoria flew. And this expansion will probably be the last chance to right it and make V2 the game it deserves to be.

Last edited:
What I find regretful about the red Soviet Union picture is that it show the West Siberian coast as still being Terra Nullius. That's something that needs fixing. Far too often would you get a little piece of French Siberia or British Siberia. Just fill it up so that won't happen. Arguably you could even say that all of Siberia had been integrated into Russia by that point, except the northern parts where still very sparsely populated (as they are still to this day). Terra nullius should be treated more as the parts of the world that were still in dispute and the colonize NF as way of claiming it (as it doesn't actually make people settle a place, just plants a flag).

*hears noises regarding a Victoria II expansion....runs in quick during break from real life*

*drools reading thread* :wub:

*wishes real life would just give a few days to play Victoria again* :mad: