• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you want communist russia to turn read, then have a TAG change, have a communist power in russia represent the shared power, and then have a decision to change tag to the soviet union.
Its hardly a major issue. Its much less then the Flags and Parties not having all the options they had in V1 and its not likely to be addressed even.

The newspaper needs to be better....language is a weak point for Paradox (the histories at the end of EU3 are better than they used to be, but still...do I need 24 sentences in a row telling me I sent a delegate to the Pope?), and there are plenty of poor as dirt journalists who could help out.

The newspaper needs to be better....language is a weak point for Paradox (the histories at the end of EU3 are better than they used to be, but still...do I need 24 sentences in a row telling me I sent a delegate to the Pope?), and there are plenty of poor as dirt journalists who could help out.

I'm not a fan of the "newspaper" idea but I may actually get a few chuckles out of it should it continue to be written in Paradoxian.

If you want communist russia to turn read, then have a TAG change, have a communist power in russia represent the shared power, and then have a decision to change tag to the soviet union.
Its hardly a major issue. Its much less then the Flags and Parties not having all the options they had in V1 and its not likely to be addressed even.

It would be easier to just go into the files and change the color manually after switching governments, but that's not really a general solution. One could certainly do it by adding new tags, but that would create considerable slowdown if it were done in a widespread fashion; particularly on modded copies of V2, where there are piles of periodic events constantly getting checked against non-existent tags. No, we must have a single-tag color control solution. Priority #1. The People demand the Color Expansion.

New naval combat, yay! Also, new decisions for forming countries or unification events? I can't wait to read the whole changelog and get a definite release date to mark in my calender :p

This is good news, especialy colonial system improvements and added immersion are welcome. So many questions I would like to ask, but will settle for this:

When can we expect Dev Diaries to arrive?

Paradox, while you are at it some small improvement to the influencing interface would be nice. I hate having to check in there all the time and see if someone is trying to mess with my sphere. Having a few automated options like auto defend against competition, try to sphere, just keep others out could reduce some micromanagement.

That is curious, isn't it? Why did Paradox implement War Subsidies as a diplomatic option, but it's never used by the AI?

Oddly enough I remember being subsidized once or twice, though I don't remember who I was playing or who was the charitable party...

edit: I know they didn't mention it as an included feature, but I'd be thrilled if generals got traits a la Hearts of Iron - it would give more personality and usefulness to them, seems like it should be a default for Paradox games now, but not quite yet...

because the diplomatic system was designed from the ground up to be an annoying 'whack-a-mole' against the ai, even if you spend all your time in the diplomatic screen you will be defeated by the ai continuesly due to the ai having perfect reactions, the last payforpatch only slightly alliviated this annoying mechanic, it did not even touch the basic problem of diplomacy for great powers being a linear god aweful annoying game of whack a mole against the ai

Yes, yes, you hate everything and pop up every now and again to remind us how much you hate everything. It's a nice touch referring to AHD as a "payforpatch" too, despite all the features it added though. 2/5 for effort.

Kindly do as Podcat asked and stop detailing this thread with your complaints about how the original game worked.

A House Divided was one of the most heavy-content expansions of Paradox. It changed the game substancially, not only improving it dramatically (in the way For The Motherland and overall Their Finest Hour did with HOI3, or Heir to the Throne with EUIII); only In Nomine was so crucial for a PDS game, IMHO.

Turns in Heart of Darkness seem to follow that path. Like Naselus commented a few pages backward it's addressing critical issues not too much satisfying in Vicky2 both vanilla or AHD (fleet and naval combat, and colonization) so... I'm very pleased with this announcement and I only have two questions: when are you releasing development diaries? And when could I buy it? :)

A House Divided was the most heavy-content expansions of Paradox.

Fixed that for ya - more features added than any other Paradox expansion ever, and probably more than will ever be added again given the new policy. Calling it a 'payforpatch' is laughable.

Fixed that for ya - more features added than any other Paradox expansion ever, and probably more than will ever be added again given the new policy. Calling it a 'payforpatch' is laughable.

True. A House Divided was awesome.

Unfortunately it seems this expansion has not (yet) addressed the most grievous of usability issues which makes the game completely unplayable for Russia: they don't turn red upon becoming the Soviet Union. Now, I understand this involves completely rewriting the way you do colors for countries, but on the other hand it would be 1000% worth every hour spent. Colors are serious business.

Comrades, we must demand the Color Expansion as a top priority.

Hi!

W2Z0YjO.png