• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jay85

First Lieutenant
120 Badges
Feb 14, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Empire of Sin
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pride of Nations
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sengoku
5nj0FHj.png

yea yea yea...

It's so obviously vikings... You can even see the dragon head of a longboat just to the left of those cliffs. Hope they're going to roll back the date a little though. Even though I don't share the same love for drugged up barbarians who did nothing but kill and rape as many people seem to, I'd love to play as a nation that was struggling against them like Britain or France.

This promotion seems a bit silly since it's so obvious by now.

Yeah, are they really going to milk this for another 4 days? It's just really silly unless this is a huge fakeout and the picture actually is showing the Pope visiting Antarctica or something.

Even though I don't share the same love for drugged up barbarians who did nothing but kill and rape

Err, they did plenty of other things?

Yeah, are they really going to milk this for another 4 days? It's just really silly unless this is a huge fakeout and the picture actually is showing the Pope visiting Antarctica or something.

Err, they did plenty of other things?

Pope Request Holy War on Antarctica to convert those Pagan Penguins!

It's so obviously vikings... You can even see the dragon head of a longboat just to the left of those cliffs. Hope they're going to roll back the date a little though. Even though I don't share the same love for drugged up barbarians who did nothing but kill and rape as many people seem to, I'd love to play as a nation that was struggling against them like Britain or France.

While I will leave it up to others to debate whether that was all they did or not, I agree that the excitement have died down a bit. Of course, they could still surprise us all and reveal something completely different.

Of course, they could still surprise us all and reveal something completely different.

Yeah, there's gonna be some very red faces when the beak starts to appear.

I'm still slightly suspicious that the person standing in the centre will turn out to be ethnically Mongol or something

Vikings just seem a bit out of the games time span - by 1066, the "Viking" raids had mostly stopped, though there were still plenty of Norsemen. I was really hoping for a pagan DLC dealing with eastern paganism - Zoroastrionism, or Romuva or something along those lines.

By now it is so obviously vikings that it must either really be vikings or clever misdirection.

EDIT: As far as I know most ships on the Norwegian Crusade were longships so longship does not necessarily mean viking raid.