• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nolanp01

Private
84 Badges
Jan 5, 2007
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • For The Glory
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sword of the Stars II
Hello!

First off I would like to say this game has been a wonderful experience for me, plenty of hours spent building odd-end little underground kingdoms. Though it is a fun little game, there are a few things that I feel would immensely improve the overall feel of the game. The primary aspect being interaction in general.

Though we have a many decorative items to choose from, there is a lack of interaction with these items. How awesome would it be to see a researcher look through a bookcase, or a dwarf cook! Showing interaction with these otherwise purely decorative items would create a much stronger gameflow and allow you to have a much more active and interesting environment. I'd also like to see more classes as well, perhaps actually having cooks and what not. Though I do understand the biggest issue of this would be a greater focus on new animations, the overall addition to the feel of the game for me would be lovely and frankly if it came as a DLC, I'd easily give a couple bucks for it.

Another thing I'd love to see, as I said earlier, is more classes. Perhaps more focused classes that are very particular towards specific jobs; cooking, smithing (Think gold, jewelery and perhaps epic weapons?). Would also be nice to be able to assign dwarfs to particular rooms. Rooms would be classified by X amount of blocks closed in by a door. Dwarfs would feel more personal I think from that, especially if you could name them yourself.

Other than that, would be nice to see the maps bigger with maybe some extended production in the top of the map. Maybe a mountain entrance! Also a pop increase would be awesome.

Well, just my two cents. I know there's loads of these topics but I've noticed that the developers are very open to ideas and suggestions which is wonderful, so I thought I'd give my opinions a go.

Thanks!

Nolan

P.S. Perhaps there could be invasions? Though I think the teleporting system would have to be gotten rid off.

I would have liked the DLC to be a bit more than just graphical changes.
The one with the corn plants adds one feature I use quite a bit but all the others... don't. Even the doors DLC is useless because iron doors last only a few seconds more. What's the point?

I cannot believe that the developers ran out of ideas when the game was released. The only explanation I can think of is that the game didn't sell well and only a single graphics artist was kept on the payroll to churn out different graphics for the same thing.

That's not to say that all changes are good. The Silent Storm expansion added weapon durability - but on a ridiculous magnitude. You could barely fire 200 rounds before the weapon required repair. That just doesn't happen with military weapons and modern (WW2) gunpowder.