What do I need to conquer to trigger Versailles Treaty?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Casimir21

Sergeant
32 Badges
Feb 13, 2005
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Iron Cross
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
Hello, I am playing as Germany in WW1 Scenario and am trying to stay as close as possible to historical form. I took Schlieflen Plan and just took Paris with a push from March-May 1915. Italy and the UK have their troops through out France. What else needs to be taken in France for Versailles to trigger?

their dissent needs to be high enough or you need to take paris in december 1914

don't worry they will regularly get events that say that paris is in enemy hands that seriously drive up dissent

Edited: alright...I got it...

How do I manually trigger an event? I do Ctrl F12 and then type in the code for the event? So lets say I want to trigger the Reverse Versailles treaty, what do I have to type in the box exactly?
Thanks

F12 type event [id code of the event] [tag of the nation that get's the event]

the id code you can find in the event files

if you don't include a tag, the event happens to you

Thanks for the help. I am a bit slow in catching on to this. I have been typing Event_2007516_Sov for example and it say command error. I try Evt2007516Sov and same thing.
Can you show me exactly how I should type an event in please, including the dashes/underscores if necessary?

Event 2007516 Sov

Thank you so much :)
It is May 1918 right now and there has been no movement on the western front. I hold the line along the Seine from the channel, Chartres as a bulge, Paris, Troyes and back up Reims to Sedan. The FR-UK-IT have alot of divisions on the other side and I think they might make a push soon.
In the east I hold a line Riga-Minsk-Kiev with a Soviet bulge in the Marshlands. I am going to keep playing this one without the code and see what happens but save it as a different file. The USA is not in the war yet. What can I expect to happen as I go along without manual triggers?

have the soviets already offered peace yet?

they should have offered "peace at all costs" when the lost: brest-litovsk,jelgava,warsaw, wilno, lublin, kiev, gomel, minsk, pskov and narva

see if you have all of these

Hi, no, I did not get all the way to Narva. I fired Brest-Litovsk manually :)
I also fired the Paris falls manually. I didn't want to but I had it since 1915 (fired it in late 1918) and figured it wasnt comming. I gave them Versailles Harsh and then took Wallonia/Congo from Belgium. Very boring few years as I was building up for the next push..but
The scenario ended in 1921!! Lost handidly since Austria had lost the war early on in the campaign. I forgot to change the end time and it didnt work when changing it on a saved game :(
Going to try it again. This time I am going to go for Paris before winter 1914.
I don't like to assume military control of allies but it may become necessary..

Hi, no, I did not get all the way to Narva. I fired Brest-Litovsk manually :)
I also fired the Paris falls manually. I didn't want to but I had it since 1915 (fired it in late 1918) and figured it wasnt comming. I gave them Versailles Harsh and then took Wallonia/Congo from Belgium. Very boring few years as I was building up for the next push..but
The scenario ended in 1921!! Lost handidly since Austria had lost the war early on in the campaign. I forgot to change the end time and it didnt work when changing it on a saved game :(
Going to try it again. This time I am going to go for Paris before winter 1914.
I don't like to assume military control of allies but it may become necessary..

yeah the paris falls event is only supposed to happen in 1914, after that it helps but you need the higher dissent