Problems with Great Patriotic War event - how to edit please

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vimhawk

16 Badges
Apr 18, 2002
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Iron Cross
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Knights of Honor
  • Age of Wonders III
Admittedly I've posted this on the patch thread too, but it might be lost there and I'm rather desperate to know the answer as it's ruining my game.

As the Sovs I got a Great Patriotic War event that is astonishingly good - probably too good even if (IMHO) it wasn't broken. One of the conditions is that it takes 81 days off land unit production. Surely this can't be right? Means I can create an infantry division in a day!

Basically it's pointless to carry on with the game which is rather disappointing having spent so long on it and it was in an interesting situation.

Can someone therefore please advise how (if possible) to edit the game files to change this back to normal (also is there a list of what the normal figures should be?) Please advise exactly where to look and which files to edit (assume I am an idiot). I had a quick look but with no experience of these type of files there seems to be a vast range of possibilities and I don't even know what I'm looking for.

Please help, I really want to continue this game (sensibly).

(If at least this event was to form militias instead infantry, it would be more enjoyable)
Prehaps is here
db/events/ussr.txt
increases GDE and pops other events 2651-2655
(never checked myself where is that 81 days reduction, not sure if some of these events can be)

Well perhaps militias would make more sense, but it still would be ridiculous to be able to produce one division per day per production line. But that is what the event did, 81 days of land unit production (means motorised only takes a few days per division as well). There's also a big reduction in air unit time too (and a massive IC increase). I can't believe this is what was intended by the event, at least not to this extent, so am very interested to know how to reset the build times.

Hi, i have edited the GPW event and agree 100% with you that it is a game breaker. you can DL my mod "DB's AI mod" and install. it is in the modders section.

I have changed the build time to -10 days and cost to -15. i also removed the massive IC increase. added repair mod decrease. Now if you want to edit the USSR event file 2657 that is fine but you will also have to edit the GPW remove event in the db/eventos_mod34/sov_34.txt and adjust those values to match your edits in 2657. event # 336356

I have also edited the GDE values for the Sov. Also, what i notice when i play Ger and attack sov. the Sov never get the GPW event,
so i have made new events to bring Sov GDE to 1.0 by Aug. 41. i also have changed events so Sov GDE is 0.92 in early 41.

Excellent! I will download immediately. Many thanks.

Editing the specific events sounds like a recipe for disaster for me!

I got the event finaly when i was pushed back as far as Omsk. However, the GPW event only lasted a few weeks. Considering the massive disadvantage due to low GDE I don't think the event is overpowered. I think both (the low GDE during the start of the war and the GPE effects) should be dimished. I found it incredibly unfair to to fight a lost cause with virtually nothing to do about it.

But it is the only way to raflect reality if you play as any other nation.
Otherwise the war war will be over by 1942, either with the soviets in Paris or the panzers reaching the urals.