+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [UPDATE HOTFIX #1]Patchnotes: January 23rd 2013 "Gallowglass Mercenary"

52 games registered

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoid
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVWar of the VikingsWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

[UPDATE HOTFIX #1]Patchnotes: January 23rd 2013 "Gallowglass Mercenary"

UPDATE!

Scottish Mercenary Pack hotfix 1:
    • Fixed bugs:
    • Black Iron Oxide Castillon Sword should now be visible to all deluxe version owners.
    • False positives in speed hack detection resolved.
    • Fixed weapon attachments "not available in backend".
    • Due to an exploit, saved custom loadouts have been reverted to their state previous to the Scottish Mercenary update.
    • Removed squad buff perks from reset custom loadouts.
      New feature:
    • Japanese localization

We are now starting to roll out our newest free content update "Gallowglass Mercenary" on all servers and clients. Together with this we are also launching our newest balance patch with major changes to weapon and armor balance.

This means our services will be unavailable until circa 20:00 CET.

Full patch notes below.

--New Items--
    *1 new Gallowglass Mail Armour with new paint options to choose.

*1 new Gallowglass Mail helmet

*3 new weapons:
    Gallowglass Long Axe
    Halflang Sword
    Gallowglass Battle Axe

*Armour has been revamped
    *Armour reduces incoming damage by...
    *Cloth removes 10% damage
    *Leather removes 20% damage
    *Mail removes 30% damage
    *Plate removes 60% damage
    *Damage needs to end up over 15 to pass through and is then modified by hit zones
    *Hit zone damage has been modified

*Absorbed hits no longer interrupt actions

*Weapons have had damage changes across the board and in general work as follows
    *Maces pass through Armour but deal less damage overall
    *Axes have the highest damage with lower speed
    *Thrust damage has been reduced to compensate for Armour penetration
    *Knocked down players can now be killed without executions. They have 300 hp.

--Parry Changes--
    *To remove network related issues there's now a slight delay before parrying activates
    *Daggers can no longer Parry incoming attacks
    *Shaft hits can now be parried

--Movement--
    *Overall movement speed has been raised slightly
    *Double Time comes into effect sooner and reaches max speed quicker

--Perks--
    *Thick Skinned perk now has slightly reduced absorption bonus
    *Armour training reduces encumbrance by 25%, up from 20%
    *Hardened reduces revive time by 25%, down from 80%

--Chat rework--
    *Scrollable with mouse wheel
    *Fixed blur
    *Own name highlighted

--Fixed--
    *Unmodified revive time is now 6 seconds for both reviver and revivee.
    *Removed "invisible" collision on bear helmet

--Known issues--
    *In some resolutions names in chat look a bit weird.
    *Weapons may break too often

Regards,
    The War of the Roses Team
    Last edited by TotalyMoo; 25-01-2013 at 11:51.
    Join the official War Franchise IRC here.
    Latest WotR patch notes
    Latest WotV patch notes

Lord Stein the Rook [GBS]: "You have a castle as a crest to house the people in your head."

*Daggers can no longer Parry incoming attacks <3 much love to you team!

As well as the rest of the changes! Kudos!
    " We do not forgive. We do not forget. "

52 games registered

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoid
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVWar of the VikingsWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Daggers are funmode now. They do decent damage and are fast as hell, but it's risk for reward with the lack of parries.
    Latest WotR patch notes
    Latest WotV patch notes

Lord Stein the Rook [GBS]: "You have a castle as a crest to house the people in your head."

*Axes have the highest damage with lower speed
    What does this mean?

And is there an overall damage boost now?

52 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by unhold View Post
    What does this mean?

And is there a damage overall damage boost now?
    It means axes are now slower but do more damage, one handed axes included. I for one feel that they have a place in the game now more than before (one handed that is) due to these changes.
    Latest WotR patch notes
    Latest WotV patch notes

What was that chainmail hauberk we saw on Facebook a few days ago? Is that in the game now, too?
    Game Of Thrones season 4 April 6!
    The Hobbit: There And Back Again Dec. 17!
    Winter Is Coming

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur II
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Bow/Crossbow damage nerfed?
    Europa Universalis 3 = Because conquering the world is what we all dream about.

Europa Universalis 4 = Because conquering your closest rival is what we all dream about.

52 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by MedievalFantasy View Post
    What was that chainmail hauberk we saw on Facebook a few days ago? Is that in the game now, too?
    This is exactly what you're getting in the game now too
    Latest WotR patch notes
    Latest WotV patch notes

I tried the balance beta and need to say, that this was about time!
    Well, there are a few things which still have been very annoying in the balance beta, e.g. fastly breaking weapons just after max. 10 parries, but all in all it is way better than before.
    The Gallowglass Mercenary Sets...
    Hm, Was that package in the balance beta without anything missing?

QA
    Fatshark
    War of the Roses500k clubWar of the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by TotalyMoo View Post
    Daggers are funmode now. They do decent damage and are fast as hell, but it's risk for reward with the lack of parries.
    Can't wait to stab some people online tonight

They don't call me "The Mosquito" for nothing. Harr.
    -- Fatshark QA Producer --

52 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by LiVam View Post
    Can't wait to stab some people online tonight

They don't call me "The Mosquito" for nothing. Harr.
    Usually it's not the most positive thing to be called "The Mosquito"...
    Latest WotR patch notes
    Latest WotV patch notes

Lead Programmer
    Fatshark

Usually it's not the most positive thing to be called "The Mosquito"...
    His "sword" is halflang, it's just how it is.

52 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by Robin. View Post
    His "sword" is halflang, it's just how it is.
    So it's almost two handed? Nice.

... Err.

Okay let's stop this here.

So what about the patch? I for one am hyped to see what people will bring to the table with the new balance!
    Latest WotR patch notes
    Latest WotV patch notes

*hnnnffff ngggurgghhh *droools

sounds great, too bad it's 2:30 am here and won't be anyone on for another 8 hours...

you guys are obviously working so hard and it's indicative of your belief in this title... it's the best melee combat i've played, ever, and with your hard work you will be recognised by all as the best around, nothings ever going to keep you down x 3

*edit* ermagawd the weathered black gallowglass mail "hnngghhhfff"
    Last edited by Liek_a_Baws; 23-01-2013 at 18:28.

A lot of the attachments to the new weapons are showing "unavailable on backend

Practice dummies aren't showing damage

Text on 1900x1280 is very blurry (as reported above)

Other than that, played a game or two of CQ and it was pretty fun Overall net positive. Thanks for patching it in!

Thank you so much you lovely devs, I am updating now and can't wait to play after having tried the beta.
    "And when I want to mount my wildest horse, it is always my spear that helps me up best, as the ever-ready servant of my foot: the spear that I hurl against my enemies. How grateful I am to my enemies that I may finally hurl it!"

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    MagickaSemper FiWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    War of the Vikings

So what about the patch? I for one am hyped to see what people will bring to the table with the new balance!
    Hyped doesn't even describe it.

Aout the new armour: being all mail, will it be between light and (the old) medium?

THAAANKS

cant wait the download

I would like to report a bug on the 'Gallowglass Half-Lang" sidearm sword, that the defaults (Common Fighting Style, Standard Steel, Flat Grind, Standard Hilt) are 'Item not found in backend'.
    "And when I want to mount my wildest horse, it is always my spear that helps me up best, as the ever-ready servant of my foot: the spear that I hurl against my enemies. How grateful I am to my enemies that I may finally hurl it!"

War of the Roses500k club

Let’s not forget the standard update that comes with every patch…. The spring clean patch that cleans up all our messy custom profiles….

There are worse things in life, so only joking! This patch sounds good and I am going to test right Nowwwwwwww! :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast