Colonial rebellions in the '33 scenario

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Earl Uhtred

Unfurl The Bratwurst
67 Badges
Feb 16, 2002
nope.com
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
Started a game as Britain / Hard last night and played through to January 1934. I replaced a couple of ministers and moved 1 towards Authoritarian but otherwise did everything I could to reduce dissent.

In that short time I experienced one uprising in Palestine, one in Aden (capturing the base) and one in Belize. These rebels were capable of defeating division size British forces - in the case of Belize it took five divisions to wipe out the defenders by amph assault, and the rebels in Aden cannot be dislodged without sending at least one corps from the Home Country. This seems excessive. The colonies were fairly quiet in the thirties despite the Depression.

Any plans to correct this or will I have to live with it?

Started a game as Britain / Hard last night and played through to January 1934. I replaced a couple of ministers and moved 1 towards Authoritarian but otherwise did everything I could to reduce dissent.

In that short time I experienced one uprising in Palestine, one in Aden (capturing the base) and one in Belize. These rebels were capable of defeating division size British forces - in the case of Belize it took five divisions to wipe out the defenders by amph assault, and the rebels in Aden cannot be dislodged without sending at least one corps from the Home Country. This seems excessive. The colonies were fairly quiet in the thirties despite the Depression.

Any plans to correct this or will I have to live with it?

it is not history, it is your dissent that is awakening those rebels. How big is your dissent? and also, AA always need at least 3:1 ratio to win, and Aden is a fortress itself I think

One time Jamaica Rebelled,I need to build a air and naval base in a random Island,send 5 divisions and some airplanes to overrun them,and the battle take two months!

To the OP: Your actions made the already high dissent even higher. Wait to muck around with leaders until you get the dissent down.

One time when I very first played I had Denver rise up in arms against the USA. Whoops!

To the OP: Your actions made the already high dissent even higher. Wait to muck around with leaders until you get the dissent down.

this!
Replacing a minister causes around 1% of dissent increase. Consider that change is immediate, as soon as you select a new one. If you then revert back to the old minister, you receive the 1% dissent hit again.

I get that, but dissent is already about 20% (IIRC) at scenario start so there is a significant revolt risk in those areas - my actions increased that by maybe 3%.

The Middle East I can understand, the Caribbean less so.

In any case, I played through again, shuffled a few divs around and put them on anti-partisan duties, and had better luck. Onwards :cool:

It's not possible to eliminate the possibility of revolt, even with zero dissent, so you're always going to have the possibility of a revolt in places like the Falkland Islands.