• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eugenioso

Banned
5 Badges
Sep 15, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
first of all, i play WIF2, and its so much harder there. playing as the soviets i managed to finally defeat the germans in 1949, to a mere cost of 27 million losses and 15 million german ones. i lost about 60 divs total to overrunning and at many points it looked as an almost too close loss, but i endured. by the end of the war so many of my divs were incredibly understrength and i needed about 2k manpower to replenish them all. also the rest of the world was still at war, with japan close to 3 million, 7 million chinese losses and the balkan states being the big losers, with massive losses taken for their size.

first of all, i play WIF2, and its so much harder there. playing as the soviets i managed to finally defeat the germans in 1949, to a mere cost of 27 million losses and 15 million german ones. i lost about 60 divs total to overrunning and at many points it looked as an almost too close loss, but i endured. by the end of the war so many of my divs were incredibly understrength and i needed about 2k manpower to replenish them all. also the rest of the world was still at war, with japan close to 3 million, 7 million chinese losses and the balkan states being the big losers, with massive losses taken for their size.
Why the hell were you waiting for 1949 to defeat nazis? xD

WIF 2 is my favorite, i play that mainly over everything else unless i have a good mod for something else. I like being able to change my head of state and head of government.

Why the hell were you waiting for 1949 to defeat nazis? xD

because they had 617 infantry and 38 armored divs, while i had at my peak 515 inf and 60 armored divs. after massive losses and losing 60ish divs to overrun i had 450 divs but my armor/cavalry was intact. it really looked historical until the allies never landed. bastards.

I remember once I was playing Hungary and it was 1947 in the occupied Crimea (I sped up the Magyar-Rumanian war to right after BP) and they was a pretty big revolt. I sent a few out cavalry divisions to smoke them out ad ended up taking 17,000 loses. Not too bad compared to the bad days of Barbarossa, but the fact I lost almost two divisions worth of men to partisans made me go, "whoa".

My Chinese game which you can read about in my AAR, I had wiped out about 10 million men worth of armies in Asia, and Germans the same in Europe.

In the first few days of fighting each other 10 million of my soldiers were nuked to smithereens. I reloaded the game and tried not to make the same mistake again of attacking them until I had nukes!

im gearing up a game as the french vs germany. when and hopefully if the germans bite the dust, it will be a pretty damn bloody war, not to mention the bear.