• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1zy8yzs.jpg

Don't Worry,I here to save your day :D

A Sugestion:Retake all 1914 borders.

Nice. A Singapore-like economics sounds good for the Denikin regime. And I'm surprised that you sided with the Federalists, but then you won't get Alaska if you side with America First Party.

In-game terms I basically looked at what I could grab from the collapsing USA within plausible reason. Fluff wise, this way the Federals gain something (I roleplayed passing over 2000 supply and some other resources and will offer a Non aggression pact) were as if Canada or the PSA grabbed it they would just have had a complete loss, also the AUS just really does not ''hit it off with me'', I still can't pin an actual ideology on them, also the federals arnt as unpredictable in a post war world, so I am banking on a Federal win in the long run. Economics wise, I am not very keyed up on economics and I am not too versed on what the potential effects of moving the economic slider either way is, so I shall stick with what I know for now, but it might change if future comments (if they ever do actually come) sway me either way. But I might move towards a more liberal market.

Bozhe, Tsarya khrani!

Russia Reborn

5akdp1.png

The Repatriated Crown Jewels of the Tsars

The remainder of 1936 was a quite one domestically for Russia, industrial production staggered upwards; agricultural produce began to feel the benefits of a return of relative stability, the many ambitious reforms across the nation slowly coalesced into more substantial effects on the nation. By mid-1936 industrial production broke even with 95 million tons[1] were produced in-tune with the bare average expected productive capability of Russia, the first target of Krasnov's ambitious five year plan had been reached well before target[2]. Emphasis on consumer goods and improving the lot of the average Russian was bearing fruit as dissentious mumours ebbed steadily away, however other nations would not be so fortunate.

33joiz7.jpg

All Ahead with Minister Krasnov's five year plan!

In the former United States the East Coast was ravaged by civil war. Washington changed hands several times, the city had become a potent symbolic target and to a degree a strategic target for the crossing of the Potomac River for all sides, however it would soon be a land of rubble. A lighting offensive from Ohio by the CA Army had caught the Federal army off guard as it cleaved along their flanks and the new undefended borders of New England cutting off New York and catching forming National Guard divisions in Washington. The first battle of Washington was fought over the space of 4 days as the CSA overwhelmed the Federal forces. Most heavy fighting was done in Columbia Heights area of the city, the Federalists sought time to delay the CSA here as government and administration could be evacuated to the South and then onto Denver in Colorado. On the 13th of December MacArthur addressed the nation from the Oval office as the sound of battle could be heard in the background ''people of Washington, I shall return victorious, my fellow Americans, I shall return with all of you as my brothers in victory as we reclaim our capital from the Godless hordes''. The next day with MacArthur long gone the rear guard of the Federalists fell back onto the central government district of Washington of the Mall, after half a day of skirmishes on the and around the Mall at 18:34 the scarlet and black banners were hoisted over the White House and twenty minutes later, the capital.

8x1lb5.jpg

The Burning Remains of Columbia Heights the on the 16th of December with the Washington Monument in the Background

In Europe the ''December Days'' shook the non-Syndicalist nations to their very core. A well-orchestrated docker strike in Amsterdam provided the cover for mutinous soldiers and officers to stage a lighting coup. Within hours of ''Binnenhof''[3] being stormed and a new VolkStad and VolkStadholder were formed and a military alliance between the ''Peoples State of the Netherlands'' and the French Commune signed. The Monarchy fled to a rump state in Indonesia, the third European monarchy forced overseas. Germany was aghast by the events and the Reichsmark tumbled even further as it was just recovering, the German-Dutch border was awash with fleeing refugees German OstAsien troops secured Borneo and Sumatra, Australasia took parts of the sprawling Indonesian island chain to their North, the Caribbean Federation took Dutch assets there. The now exiled Dutch ''loyalists'' set up a rump state on Java and Sulawesi. MittelEuropa now faced a serious threat to its flanks in the event of war with the International.

24zxg91.png

Flag of the Volks Stad Nederland

Russia passed these events by with concerned eyes, but safe in the knowledge it had won its battles with its internal demons many years ago. But needless to safe Russia would be prepared if the red beast cast its ravenous eyes upon the Motherland once again. On the sixth of January to mark the Christmas and a years since the assumption of power for Russia's interests, the council of ministers meet for a final vote and decision on the next phase of the army reforms. For several months various schools as to the doctrine the Russian army would adhere too were engaged in vicious battle amongst the officer class. It was most heated amongst Denikin and Wrangel, Denikin argued that Russia's natural military advantage was in its numberless peasants and ability to field millions under arms via conscription. While it had failed during the Weltkreig, that was due to inefficient command, and it won the Whites the civil war. Wrangel had deeply fallen out of favour with this train of thought, his views was it was extremely wasteful of valuable resources (ammunition and weapons rather than manpower) in needlessly costly attritional warfare against superior armed and trained forces. In essence due to the nature of the ideas behind it, it held Russia back technologically and in doctrine. Wrangel had been won over to the idea in the early 30's after experiencing the simulated effects of the ''Grand Battle plan'' and Centralised high command control while viewing Canadian war games on a visit to the Entante nation. There were rumours Wrangel was also eyeing Denikin's position of chief of staff to empower himself more politically. The results of the deliberations was Wrangel won the day in the vote and as such Russia would set about forming a cohesive officer corps and stringent chain of command, in-effect Wrangel would now be pulling the cords of power behind the army and military, the Black Baron was climbing higher and higher on the chains of power.

16hw38l.png

Russia would ''Canadianise'' its Army, as the more Nationalistic Officers would Comment

Later in the month a revolt against imposed Russian rule over Alaska broke out amongst the American community in Western Alaska, seizing the town and proclaiming loyalty to Denver, the revolt spread fast in the absence of Russian authority still trying to work its way out from Anchorage.

j0k9d2.png

Upstart.... natives?

Three Regiments of the Fourth Army of Rifle Guards would become the first ''overseas'' deployment of Russian soldiers as they were sent to Alaska and put down the revolt and bring boots on the ground to enforce Russian rule. Vanguard elements of the force would find much stocks of former American equipment in the former National Guard barracks in Anchorage, it was an awkward and uneasy moment when they paraded through an American style city, it seemed more like an victorious army parading through a subdued city rather than the assumption of legitimate governorship.

2ziouv9.jpg

The meeting of East and West, American Depravity Corrupting Russian Morality!

By the twenty second of January disturbing rumours that had been floating around the OKR[4]for several weeks were confirmed. The disparate and formally disorganised left-wing of Syndicalist, Marxists, Leninists formally united into a new block, the ''Novya Bolshevik'' had begun a mass poster campaign to inform the masses that they had arisen and would carry on their fight for liberation. The response was swift, more deportations to Siberia of suspected members were ordered.

t6ffid.jpg

Won’t they DIE and stay DEAD?

January and February were the start of the horrific events the American civil war would become synonymous with. New York, a federalist’s strong hold was under siege by the CSA since the fall of Washington, food was brought into the city from the New England side of the Long island Sound to prevent starvation, but Hoboken and Newark were suffering the effects of constant shelling. Several federalist corps had been cut off from the central USA when Union State forces closed the ''Shawnee'' gap east when they sought to attack the CSA holdings north of Western Kentucky. The entire South Eastern United States was not under AUS control. The CSA had sought to destroy the sizeable federal forces in New York, remaining Federal forces on the East Coast had long since lost contact with the main chain of command and became autonomous armies of their own right, fighting were they sought favourable odds or fortifying their positions in wait for the relief of a federal offensive that never seem to come. The CSA's determination to finish the New York pocket would cost them, they deployed most of their forces on the east coast to the task, so when a sizeable AUS offensive that finished off the federal pocket around the Norfolk naval yards came, their entire southern flank was smash wide open. The CSA needed large East Coast ports to gain the equipment and troops the Union of Britain and Commune had sent which were floating around the Western Atlantic waiting for the call to head to port. The AUS offensive was heading right for Washington, the CSA had placed allot of propaganda and symbolic stock in its custodial-ship of the capital and weren’t about to the let the city fall.

2reoe2o.gif

The First Fighting Between the AUS and CSA in Fredricksberg Virginia

On the 5th of February after a number of days of a convoy of trucks leaving the city and another entering bring in troops the rear-guard units of makeshift defensive lines made up by the CSA fell back into Washington, a number of hours later CSA forces to the south of the Potomac were engaged by lead elements of the AUS army and forced back, but held the line not far from the river. Sporadic shelling of the Mall was followed by a night long bombardment of the city south of the river that reduced it to rubble and fire. Early the next morning of the 6th a massive AUS assault forced the CSA across the river, Southern Washington's remains were in AUS hands. The CSA destroyed the bridges across the Potomac halting the AUS assault, which responded with heavy bombardment of the Mall and city. The AUS main force pushed north hugging the river in search of a crossing.

20qbbcy.jpg

The Capital City begins to feel the Brunt of 20th Century war

On the 9th the AUS smashed a CSA force attempting to destroy the Leesburg Bridge, the bridge fell to the AUS which began crossing in mass, quickly cutting off CSA supply lines to Washington, cutting across Maryland between Baltimore and Washington the AUS cut off sizeable forces of the CSA in Washington and southern Maryland. Washington was now under siege. Over the course of the next twenty days the AUS and CSA would clash in a devastating series of battles to the South of Baltimore to save or dam Washington, and in Washington itself, vicious urban fighting would wear down the CSA defenders as the AUS smashed the city to evict them. The CS forces would be squeezed into a pocket surrounding the Mall by the 21st, the Smithsonian having burnt to the ground, the White House gutted by fire and being stormed by AUS troops and a vicious fire-fight, on the 23rd a general retreat to Southern Maryland was sounded, but for the troops still on the Mall they were cut off, only those on the southern fringes of the city were able to heed the retreat. For another five days CS troops would hold onto the capital building itself until they were destroyed. The damage to the city destroyed it, the Washington monument had been toppled by artillery, the Abraham Lincoln memorial collapsed under similar circumstances, the White House remained standing, just, and the rotunda of the Capital building would collapse in the following days. Washington was destroyed. When Long arrived to make use of the what propaganda material he could of his image and the AUS flag above the charred remains of Washington his blame for what happened to the city was set on the Syndicalist. The AUS would push the CSA out of all of the East Coast except the Maryland pocket and take over the siege of New York in the coming week. In March CSA and a resurgent Federal army would repeatedly battle over Washington, not for its symbolic value, but merely to evict ''the bastards'' they felt destroyed the city. The pogroms of white and red terror would become endemic as the fighting took a new vicious stage of hatred.

a5ahcx.jpg

Washington on the 21st of February

On the twentieth of March Russia would once again forever be changed, or rather reverted. It had long been suspected that it was coming but Denikin announced to the nation that he felt he had for-filled his original goals and aims that he would now hand over power to the ''legitimate powers''. For the previous weeks he had been in discussions with the recently returned from exile, Cyril Vladimirovich Romanov. An arrangement of a constitutionalism of sorts had been agreed, a troika of power, the Tsar, Senate and an expected to be restored Duma would govern the nation, but the Tsar would be the head of political authority and could only be overruled by opposition from both houses. For the meantime Denikin would remain head of government and the monarchy would be restored and the empire reborn! The Orthodox church would become the state religion and Russia's time of troubles would come to an end, so it was on the 20th of March the Russian Empire was reborn, almost 20 years since abolishment of the monarchy, it had returned once again to its God given place.

God Save the Autocrat and Emperor of all Russia's, Long live the Tsar!

The Russian Empire

2j4ytf6.png

Flag of the Russian Empire

veyo3.png

Coat of Arms of the Empire

Capital
Dejure:petrograd
Defacto:Moscow

Constitution
Federal Parliamentary Democracy (in name) under an Imperial Monarchy, to be established under a bicameral parliament of a lower elected chamber (the State Duma) and the appointed upper house, the Senate.

Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russia’s

33etmkh.jpg

Emperor Cyril Vladimirovich Romanov, Imperial rule restored 20th of March 1937​

[1].I am taking ''1IC'' to represent a million tons of production, unless someone actually knows what 1ic is meant to represent?
[2].Krasnov's five year plan is to have 200 million tons of production, modernised agriculture and 75,000 miles of new road and rail
[3].The Dutch Parliament buildings
[4].OKR=Okhrana

Last edited:
Well.I dessagre about constitucionalism,but I like your MW2 photo :D

Constitutional in name my dear boy, constitutional in name.

I like more absolutism,sorry.

Edit:You say "The Tsar can be overruled by the oposition of both houses",translating: Constitucionalism

Last edited:
You previously stated that you weren't quite sure about Economic slider positions; all in all, a radical position on either side is best. The Free Market side has a few advantages that I prefer over Central Planning (Much faster upgrade and build times, namely); buuuuut Free Market is only available to Liberal (Market or Social) governments which I rarely play as; as far as I remember the Recalibrating the Economy event also gives a hefty dissent penalty for choosing free market to most governments available to Russia outside of a Kadet-Liberal one (As high as 20% with certain governments)
Kyril back on the throne? Good stuff. He can be the symbol of Russia's internal restoration to it's glory days, and his son can be the fiery crusader for Russia's territorial re-expansion.
Damn Colonials, maybe send some single attractive Russian females to the rural parts of Alaska to calm those desperate, angry, lonely guys and get them to settle down? XD

It seems you're somewhat handicapping yourself (worst army doctrine, worst navy doctrine, worst economic slider position, etc.). Is that intentional?

Ye.....no, no I am not, I didn't know these were bad ;-;

You previously stated that you weren't quite sure about Economic slider positions; all in all, a radical position on either side is best. The Free Market side has a few advantages that I prefer over Central Planning (Much faster upgrade and build times, namely); buuuuut Free Market is only available to Liberal (Market or Social) governments which I rarely play as; as far as I remember the Recalibrating the Economy event also gives a hefty dissent penalty for choosing free market to most governments available to Russia outside of a Kadet-Liberal one (As high as 20% with certain governments)
Kyril back on the throne? Good stuff. He can be the symbol of Russia's internal restoration to it's glory days, and his son can be the fiery crusader for Russia's territorial re-expansion.
Damn Colonials, maybe send some single attractive Russian females to the rural parts of Alaska to calm those desperate, angry, lonely guys and get them to settle down? XD

I am thinking maybe a in later years as political reform advances I will move towards a ''freer market'', but with the developments of the past I can't see Austrian school economics taking root. Sobernost and fear of disorder and anarchy (which a resurgent nationalistic Russia right out of the time of troubles would view a free market as) would be too deeply rooted, major key industries will most likely remain either 50% or a large stake in them retained by the state.

The Russian Empire

The Coronation of an Emperor, The Establishment of an Empire

30c52li.png

Royal Square is prepared for the on coming Coronation

The coronation of the first restored Tsar was set for the April 20th, but before then there was to be great changes and reforms to the reborn empire. Denikin quickly handed over the powers as head of government, politics had proven weary for the old general. The position of Minister General and first minister was abolished and the ''committee of Ministers'' replaced it, with the position of Chairman of the ministerial committee becoming the new head of government position. Denikin was to become chief of staff, unseating Wrangel's short tenure and relegating him to chief of the army, partly out of respect of Denikin by the new Tsar and strings pulled between Denikin and the Tsar, also the ''establishments'' unease with the hegemonic ambitions of Wrangel. Nikolai Trubetskoy, the leader of the conservative faction and Russian national Union Party was invited to take over as head of government. Wrangel's confidants rumoured that Wrangel's anger was fever pitch at gaining such power yet having little to no time to use it.

ejzsiu.png

Military rule has now ended

Alongside this the decision was made in-regards to the Capital of the nation. Since Moscow had become the defacto home of government and most ministries now resided in the city and its historical value, Moscow was proclaimed the seat of government, all government ministries below the monarchy would be stationed in the city. Catherine's Palace in Moscow would become the home to both houses of the Duma and the Moscow Kremlin the official residence of the Monarch, official seat of the executive and the garrison of one of the restored Imperial Guard Regiment.

x3ivb4.jpg

The Kremlin would become the iconic symbol of Russia along with Royal Square

Petrograd would revert its name to Saint Petersburg and would become the cultural and Royal capital of Russia. The Monarch would be based in the restored Winter Palace. The ''Royal Ministry'' which would be the ministry dedicated to the role of the Monarch in his role with in the troika of government would be based in the city along with the naval ministry and culture and arts ministry. The city would benefit from a massive modernisation, urbanisation and infrastructural program to repair the damage of the age of trouble and also as social experiment for the other Russian cities.

358p34j.jpg

Mass construction projects begin in earnest in Saint Petersburg

In the former United States, outright anarchy reigned supreme across the nation. Federalist positions on the east coast became unattainable as battered New York remained the only federalist hold out between the warring CSA and the strengthening position of the AUS. Syndicalist Mexico under Pancho Villa seized Texas and Arizona from the rump United States, the very concept of a ''front line'' disappeared in the rapid skirmishes over the mid west. Reprisals became common place as all sides would enact attacks on local populations considered ''hostile'' to them where ever they went.

jpbsb9.jpg

Federalists round up ''suspected'' Union Staters to be executed in Oklahoma

The first lands to be returned to the legitimate rule of the Tsar was via voluntary integration from the Kazakhstan of Alash Orda. A breakaway Muslim state during the collapse of Imperial rule, Alash's main weakness was its large minority of Russians in control of the major industries and sectors of the economy. Upon the word of the return of rightful Imperial rule with in Russia proper, the ethnic Russian's on the Alash-Russian border made their move, they succeeded from Alash to the regional and federal governors of the Russian territories just across the border. When the Alash government moved to stop them, they were halted by general strikes and sabotage from the ethnic Russian population and mutinied. When the Russian envoy to Alash presented an ultimatum to the self declared ''Khan'' that his rule was over and that the Russian army was prepared to move across the border and end self rule. The Khan relented and signed over sovereignty to the Russian governors in-exchange for a favourable settlement to the ethnic Kazakhs and comfortable life for himself.

15ao9w.png

Russia WILL grow larger!

While this placated the majority of the now subjects to the Tsar, it did not curry favour with all of them, the Uzbeks, Urghurs and more fanatical Islamic follower sought to resist restored Russian rule and even proclaimed a Jihad to defend the lands of Muhammed from the infidels. A series of industrial sabotage and bombings reduced the productive capability of the region. Hard-line integration policies may have to be enforced to ensure continued Russian rule.

2870okg.png

Large gains, small losses in comparison

Obviously the more fervent republicans and leftists opposed the return of the monarchy, poster campaigns and low key demonstrations were organised but were quickly quashed by the police, but it shows the Neo Bolsheviks were still active.

17plpf.png

At least its more bluster than action

A major policy review committee on foreign affairs brought forth their findings and suggestions. Under the chairmanship of P. Sturve and filled with nationalistic officers and politicians, the committee was set up to guide were Russia should focus her efforts and focus in the world. From those tepid and ambitious gambles over the past year had shown Russia was eager to make its mark on the world, but the resounding decision of the committee was that Russia's immediate and main policy from beyond her borders was to regain those borders. Russia would focus on the return to Russian rule of the borders of the Empire of 1920 just after the White Generals supported the Treaty of Breast Livtosk.

11b7upf.png

We must reclaim our true birth-rite!

The army was always improving its lot, new mechanised units began to be attached to infantry divisions and armoured car equipped Calvary battalions began to appear. The BT tank experiments were proving fruitful in trials and work for a more heavy ''siege tanks'' which were designed to be able to stand against enemy fire and pound hostile positions from in the open and demolish the enemy with sheer fire-power began to be developed. Tactical planning for these machines was the light BT tanks would hound the enemy, ''nipping'' their flanks and cutting them off as infantry surrounded their positions and the slower KV tanks would lumber into view and dell devastating punishment to the enemy as the infantry then moved in to mop up what remains. These advancements and machines were few and far between in the Russian army, but it was a sign of what the service branch could one day aspire to arm every division with. Also in keeping with the restoration all the previous Imperial Guard Regiments of the Household regiments, except the Volinsky Guard Regiment as its traitorous links to mutiny in Febuary 1917, traitor Guardsmen can never be forgiven. These regiments differed from other army ''guards'' divisions as these are the personnel guards of the Tsar.

9bm5uf.png

The Tver Cossack Division armed with their first compliment of BA-10 Armoured Cars

The second round of committees of the foreign ministry had presented its even more advanced findings and suggestions to government, it argued as to were Russian efforts would best be spent in reclaiming rightful Russian land. Its suggestions was to regain the remainder of Central Asia, or the sprawling Caucasus regions and its many ethnic nationalities. The central Asian option won out as it presented newly discovered mineral and oil deposits and would extend a portion of Russia's borders to its 1920 borders it, did however have another few million potential aggressive muslims and little to no ethnic Russian population. It would become an experiment to the Russification policies being worked on in the bowels of government. When rhetoric began to take a stronger line against the Uzbeks, relations between the two nations understandably fell but Russia would be given a free hand in the region as no other major powers had influence or ambitions in the area.

2vimofs.png

Central Asia shall be reclaimed for Russia, undivisable!

The day of the 20th of April arrived and the nation and world braced itself for a restoration of one of the worlds greatest dynasty's to power. The event was to be staged in Moscow to show the cities new status. Tsar Kyrill began his holy procession to the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour , the procession route from the Kremlin was swamped with crowds, police, ORK agents, banners, soldiers on ceremonial parade, priests holding sermons and local shop owners trying to make some Rubles off the of the massive crowds who had arrived to observe the coronation.

vpxlif.png

Crowds swarming over Royal Square before the beginning of the procession

The emphasis on the events was one of patriotism, faith and stability, the Tsar was a break from the immediate past, but also a connection with a better past, it was a new start and old connection. The peasantry were ever present in their devotion to the Monarchy, the peasants viewed the Tsar as ''their little father'', God, Christ the Tsar was the peasants chain of hierarchy, the monarchy was soon to be on the side of the peasantry. It was the Tsar who abolished their serfdom, only to be betrayed by the aristocrats. It was the Tsar who reaffirmed their link with God as his word on earth and then to them. The city dwellers were divided, the syndicalist taint had swayed the minds of many of them and that the Tsar deepened the divide between the Proletariat and the capitalist classes that oppressed them. The majority of the Aristocracy and political classes were in favour of the Tsar's return as it reaffirmed their position, but they did harbour republicans with in their ranks. The Tsar was coming back to rule over a divided nation, but a nation ripe for the iron fisted rule of centralised monarchy.

At mid afternoon the Tsar, Emperor Kyrill formally coronated by the Patriarch to the cheers and adulation of the crowds outside the Church of Christ our Savoir, to his delight the Patriarch had announced that his predecessor the murdered Tsar Nicholas the II and his family had after a series of debates with in the church been glorified as Saint Martyrs and absolved of all sins. A deeply controversial decision with in the ecclesiarchy but the arguments for the glorification won out as the ''Tsar had been overwhelmed with evil forces that had flooded the world in his reign, but he had always held his devotion to faith and Russia as most important right up until the Bolshevik murders committed their crimes''.

259zou9.jpg

Tsar-Martyr Nicholas II of Russia

The coronation is often held by historians to be the point when Russian left its 2nd time of troubles. Russia has dabbled with liberal democracy and republicanism and it failed, not just Russia had experienced this. Liberal democracy as a basis to form a state around, since the end of the Weltkreig Liberal Democracies had been deeply discredited over the ensuing years and was rapidly shrinking in number. First France and Belgium fell to German domination or home grown syndicalism, then the United Kingdom followed a similar fate. The United States vowed for military dictatorship and now civil war, Canada, Australasia and the commonwealth are rapidly moving to the right and away from the liberalism of before to police states, National France moved for Military Junta, Russia's own Liberal democracy was impotent and feeble and fell as soon as its pioneer died, the Netherlands, the last liberal democracy on the continent not in Scandinavia thrived under German protection but was able to resist Teutonic attempts to subvert their democracies until the Syndicalist took the rifles to over throw it. Only Scandinavia, the Pacific States of America and curiously the Japanese Empire and its Korean and Formosan puppets remain the sole liberal democracies in the world, and even then the Japanese models were unlikely to survive. As such the 20's and 30's were marked as the death of the Liberal democratic government, syndicalists triumphed it as another step towards the communist utopia, more right wing authoritarian states, as the vindication it was a weak system of government.

11ih6au.png

Global Political Systems of Government May 1937 Gold; the Russian Empire (developing ''Sovereign democracy''), Light Blue; Liberal Democracies, Green; Authoritarian Democracies or constitutional Autocracies, Brown; Limited military dictatorships and Junta's, unchecked autocracies, Orange; Absolute Monarchies, Grey; MittelEuropa authoritarian democracies, light Purple; Unchecked absolute autocratic regimes and military dictatorships, Red; Socialist, totalists and Syndicalists states

Last edited: