• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I really love your narrative expansion of the events that occur. It adds much depth.

I look forward to seeing what you do with Mother Russia :)

Thank you ^.^

Don't worry, I wont be doing 4 updates for every 2 ingame months for the next 26 years!

I just felt that there is so much ''fluff'' that could be added around this particular event chain.

I didn't think you were going to go at this pace forever, but for now such a pace is wonderful for exploring in the chaos of Kaiserriech's opening.

I didn't think you were going to go at this pace forever, but for now such a pace is wonderful for exploring in the chaos of Kaiserriech's opening.

Yeah, I am planning on using this method to slow down when significant event chains and actions happen, but I am hoping the speed with take off in between those events

Pochvennischesto
Reform, Economic Crisis and Remergence of Old Foes

9sw85d.jpg

The Ominous Reappearance of Syndicalist Propaganda on the Streets

The economic crisis had a profound effect on Russia, the German firms fearing possible nationalisation of their assets under Vozvrashenie sobstvennosti' and the grim economic collapse in Germany had pulled almost all investment out of Russia. The result was the collapse of most of the remaining non state run economy and mass unemployment and poverty and the resurgence of militant syndicalism.

21a07rq.jpg

The Steel Industry was Especially Hard hit as it was Majority in Private German Investors Hands

To deal with the problems caused by the vanishing of much capital and investment the government expanded Vozvrashenie sobstvennosti'to include the industries failing due to the German withdrawal. An employed worker is more passive than an unemployed one. Also the Patriarch and First Minister took to the preaching of Sobornost and the sacrifice of the individualist desires and attitudes for the greater good of Holy Russia. He blended this message with fervent hard line nationalism, Orthodox supremacy and calls for the restoration of Gods rule on earth in the name of the legitimate Tsar! In-effect being forced into it the state had secured an almost complete monopoly over the economy. Denikin let the preaching’s continue, with a sense of regret for whom he had placed in a position of power.

2d0lyjc.jpg

Zealous in their Faith, Monarchists take to the Streets Demanding the Return of the Father of the Nation and Exoneration of Nicholas the Second

On the 15th of March Denikin began a complete over haul and reform of the police forces, constabularies and forces of law and order. A federal police force would ensure the observance of law and order across the entire nation, it was to be a paramilitary police trained by the army but policing Russia's internal borders and internal dissent and crime, key amongst which would be the Mafia, black-market and banditry. Next would be the lower level local police forces for cities, major population centres or tracts of the Steppes. They would deal with local crime and issues. Not overtly publicised was the reintroduction of the Okhrana. The name given to the political police under the Tsar, its new roll would be the dealing with political threats (the Special Operations Branch), terrorism and potential rebellious activity (the National Security Branch) and the scrutinising of ministries and state officials for corruption or potential subversion and treasonous activity (the Internal Security Branch). Even more covert was the joint operations Branch with the army for external activities, the ''spies'' of Russia. Along with this was the 56 million Rubble investment on internal and external intelligence operations, more to set the basis for what may one day become a fully-fledged full circle of law enforcement in Russia, the reforms were ambitious, years to take full effect but the potential was great.

2vabceg.png

The Return of the Revolutionaries Old Friends

2vdi90l.jpg

Irkutsk Federal Police taking the Initiative to Enforce law on the Railways of the Wild East

2dac036.jpg

The more than Welcome sight of the long missed Gorodovoi, the Local Police officer

On the 25th of March Denikin began a week long inspection of the army regiments stationed on the frontier with MittelEuropa, he was pleased to find the Western border of Russia was under the protective gaze of fully manned Regiments, while still needing properly equipped and trained before they could be considered effective troops, morale was high and the new police forces that were materialising removed the army slowly from the role of everyday policing. However Russia's Southern and Asian borders were still critically undermanned, but it was a sign that his army reforms were bearing fruit, if only the economic situation would take a leaf from the army's book. The production of better quality goods for the population was slowly dispelling dissent, but it didn't create effective wealth.

166y6ow.jpg

Soldiers of the 33rd Rifle Guards Regiment on Parade, the Bright White Uniforms Further added to the White army's Moniker

In early April came the need to remove another aspect of military control of the state, or at least the appearance of it. Denikin set out a committee to come up with the effective way the high politics of the state would be implemented on the developing federal and local levels. The various military governates had used individual initiative to keep control during the months since the change of power and were often arbitrary; however they did set the nucleus for federal government. Strong arguments were put forward for a completely new bureaucratic system to form, however it was the tried and tested methods and institutions of Zemstvo the local implementation of state law and autonomous quasi rule via Aristocrats to the local needs, this would then be linked to the reinstituted system of Guberniya supplemented with Oblasts and Krais, most still under military control more or less. The reforms are haphazard, but they will be improved upon at a later date.

4ka79i.png

All Local Power to the Aristocrats!

Troubling news arrived in Russia by mid-April that the Mad Baron Urgen-Sternberg the wayward former White General, now self-declared Khan of Mongolia was waging war with the Chinese war lord state of Xebei in alliance with Tibet. This is worrying as the trans-Siberian railroad was regularly pillaged by the Mongolians in the twenties and the resurgence of Mongolian banditry was an ever present threat, especially now that sections lay under the Khan's dominion.

24pcrno.png

The Fear of the East, the Bloody Baron's rule was Absolute, his law, Arbitrary, his Mental state, disturbed. Urgen is still the fear of any God fearing civilised man east of Omsk

By late April word had arisen that a peasant near Tula had downed his tools and was rousing the local peasantry to the words of Syndicalism and Bolshevism. Claiming to be on of the liberators of the peasants, the Staknanovites, his words were influential and causing subversive mutterings among the peasants. The first act of the restored Okhrana was to silence this man. Interrogation revealed he had no idea what a Syndicalist was, or who Stakanov was even, this spared him execution; he disappeared like so many others would be revolutionaries, to the endless abyss that was Siberia.

25rnhjp.jpg

The Heart and Soul of Russia, the Peasantry, Simple, Hard-working, but Susceptible to Dangerous Ideas....when they understood them.

June brought the first international even to concern the regime, the Berlin Olympics; the finest physical specimens Russia could offer would represent the motherland at the event. And hopefully give some respite to the people’s economics woes with tales of Russian sporting triumphs!

122dc12.png

Russia shall show the world!

Russia did well in athletics, gymnastics and wrestling and brought home many medals to sooth the nations deflated ego, but internal commentators often remarked on the shoddiness and unkempt conditions of the participants and the accommodations they could afford..

23m7dwh.png

Идти Русский!

By mid-June the economic policies began to bear fruit, production and employment was creeping upwards and government stockpiling of Gold and foreign currency brought value back to the rouble, surely happy day were here again in Russia.

2lt20i9.png

At least the worst appears to have passed​

Last edited:
You inspired me to play what has been my most fun game of KR yet. It is now 1943 and WWII is still being fought in South America between La Plata, Brazil, and the Entente while Mittleeuropa and my bloc are gearing up for WWIII and I have no idea who will win. Also there will be three fronts, with one in the Balkans and one in Finland as well as the main Russian front as well as the far east theater (I made AoG ally with Germany) which I think my mongols can handle. It's going to be some fight.

The Southern Cries

A World Unto itself, a Heaven Unto itself

14ce9oo.png

Europe, Circa 1936

Over the course of 1936 it wasn’t just Russia that was burdened with many woes. MittelEuropa to the direct west of Russia's much marginalised borders was in the grips of economic catastrophe as its banks collapsed, and the rattling of sabres and red banners grew across the frontiers with the Syndicalist French. A surge of nationalism afflicted the Ottomans many ethnic subjects and the subjected peoples under the Japanese yoke. However of the greatest interest to Mother Russia were the disturbances in her stolen lands. The Don-Kuban Union was a breakaway state during the civil war, once promised to return to the Russian family upon the end of the war, perfidious Germania ensured the wayward Cossacks led by misguided Pyotr Krasnov grew ideas of self-rule for the Cossack horsemen.

The Don-Kuban Hetmanate

rrmg6t.gif

Flag of the ''Hetmanate''

33limwn.png

Coat of Arms of the Hetmanate

Constitution
None: Self Styled ''Hetmanate''

Capital
Yekaterinodar

16hvhq1.jpg

Pyotr Krasnov, Hetman of the Cossacks

The Don-Kuban was a mix of ethnicities. In the vacuum of the civil war and redefining the Russian state the Cossack state had effectively annexed everything south of Tsaritsyn right down to the breakaway Caucasian states. The North was dominated mainly by Russians, Ukrainians and Cossacks themselves, to the South the various Nakh branches of peoples dominate with the major link being their adherence to Islam being in a vast majority and Russian minorities eking out existence around the Caucuses. Long standing ethnic disputes continued to strain Cossack dominion of the Northern Caucuses, namely the Chechen and Dagestan areas, but it would be the Russian peoples who would raise the bar. In-effect the Cossack state was a caste system, almost all produce and labour centred on the horse mounted warriors and their families, little industry and the retention of the agrarian way of life strengthened the order. Russian's seeing the Russian state begin to put its own house in order began agitating for reunion as was the agreement during the civil war with their brothers to the North. Naturally the Hetman rejected these ideas out of hand, adamant the Cossacks will re-join a ''true Russian nation'' when the situation presented itself did not win the loyalty of the Russians with in the Don-Kuban. Agitating led to riots, Moscow looked upon the situation with mixed feelings, the potential to regain a large portion of lost territory was tempting, but the watch of the German wolf was ever present and the army was not in condition to intervene let alone wage open war with the seasoned Cossack. The disorder was quickly quelled, but the tone had been set, Russian peoples had begun to stir and want reunion with their homeland, but would Moscow answer in time?

2ilbvpy.jpg

Russian Peasants Take to the Streets to Demand Reunion with Russia

On the 10th of July a major political crisis began, at a meeting of the ministers of state the Patriarch almost out of the blue delivered a devastating ultimatum. In-effect he was demanding theocratic rule be instituted over Russia. The church could veto anything the military council or Denikin was to put forward as legislation, a completely unreasonable rise in pay for priests and a tithe to be brought in paid directly to the church by all peoples. While the Patriarch was always an outspoken and zealous individual he had shown nothing to suggest this demand was to be made, his preaching’s and political position was meant to and had started restore nationalism and healthy religious respect in the people. He threatened resignation and the rising of the faithful to impose Gods law over Russia if his demands were not met.

34oepp4.jpg

Church and State had begun to Collide

The Ministerial Council meeting collapsed as everyone rejected the Patriarch's demands out of hand, yet he would not lift the ultimatum. Denikin who at the end of the day held full executive authority demanded the Patriarch to leave and closed the meeting, a religious man himself but he could see the cross blinded the Patriarch and his demands could not be met. Over the coming week the crisis deepened as the Patriarch rallied his followers in the church and the devout to his calls, Denikin was assured that the army and majority of the aristocracy would rally to his cause. By the 18th Denikin sent a note to Pol'shii dismissing him from government and warning him that if he worked to sow dissent and disorder he would be sent to one his own dissident camps beyond the Urals. Knowing if it came to blows he and ultimately the Church would lose and knowing being banished to one of the dissident camps he had paid a large part in running and filling with dissidents was ultimately a death sentence. He bowed down, losing a great deal of respect among the church and the devout, and his influence quickly drained away with this show of defeat; however the people were agitated greatly by the whole affair. Denikin's Rasputin appeared to have been dealt with. To consolidate his position further against his wishes but to prevent another crisis such as the one that had just passed Denikin combined the position of President-General and First minister into the single role of President-General and elevated himself to the rank of Generalissimo.

344yvt2.png

Russia turned away from Theocracy, but has she moved Towards Stronger Autocracy?

Over the remaining months of summer the situation began to simmer down, the army by August had reported it was now fully manned to the levels it at least should be for border defence and policing and the employment began to pick up once more. But by August the new Russia began to take its tentative steps from isolationism. In the midst of great civil unrest on the Japanese home islands the Korean people revolted against the Japanese colonial regime, a well-orchestrated rising erupted in major cities quickly paralysing Japanese forces and the Japanese state in the Korean peninsula. Seeing the future potential for a weakened Japan Denikin set out the task for Joint Operations Branch of the Okhrana to send arms via Mongolia and the Qing to the Koreans, a string of bribes and mutual hatred of Japanese Imperial manifestations among the nations involved ensured Russian arms made it to at least China were they would then be shipped by Junks to the rebel held ports and distributed. Amongst these were special contingents of the Russian army to be sent as ''combat advisor's'' to the Koreans, key being the term ''combat'' for these men weren’t just to advise the Koreans in combat, they were to take full part in it, over 500 troops were to be sent.

ou1swm.png

Interventionist Isolationism is the Rule of the day

The legitation cities had mixed feelings about allowing Russian arms and potentially troops pass through its ports, the Japanese would take great offence to this, but to the great soothing of the Russian national ego, the cities decided Russia was by far the bigger power in the region and threw their lot in the hope to evict Japanese influence from the mainland.

2re6zvb.jpg

Russian Volunteers Setting up a Defensive Position outside Seoul

On the 25th of September the next stage of Denikin's military reforms began, in a committee set up to decide upon what route the reformed Russian Navy would take, Denikin, head of the navy, Mikhail Berens and a number of Canadian naval officers set out the merits, position and potential future strategic interests. After a number of hours of deep discussion it was decided that the naval officer corps would be restored to an acceptable level over the coming year and that Russia would one day become a Blue water naval power with four ocean going battle fleets formed of battleships and heavy cruisers which would seek to engage a hostile fleet in a strategic battle and win the day with superior gunnery and firepower. The old Imperial fleet doctrines won the day.

33ykf2d.png

One day the World’s Oceans will Tremble Before this Banner

Last edited:
Heh, I quite liked the Pol'skii-Rapsutin analogue. Now that the pesky religious wing has been banished from de facto influence, hopefully Denikin's stratocracy can completely restore order to Russia and begin on more juicy irredentist foreign ventures. But a Tsar in Moscow might help bring those wayward cossacks and the White Admiral of Transamur back to the fold more easily. Just saying.

As for fluff and background etc. You just have to keep up the pressure. It seems right now that people ultimately would rather want retarded AARs which show only badly edited screens of events with one liners as text, instead of quality stories with good information and interesting illustrations. But maybe that's just me being bitter.

I think that you could work with the format and display of your text and images. For example, keeping an average image size (and colour style) throughout an update makes the pictures appear more coherent and thus more pleasing to the eye. Also, regarding the text - I'd drop the
alignment. It looks, I don't know, wrong.
is, imho, a much more pleasant way to rearrange text. So my advise from one AAR writer to another would be: More coherent picture style and colour scheme and a more ordered setup of the text brackets.​

I think that you could work with the format and display of your text and images. For example, keeping an average image size (and colour style) throughout an update makes the pictures appear more coherent and thus more pleasing to the eye.
Could you elaborate a bit on this?
Do you mean the coloured photos and then jumping back to Black and white ones?

Also, regarding the text - I'd drop the
alignment. It looks, I don't know, wrong.
is, imho, a much more pleasant way to rearrange text. So my advise from one AAR writer to another would be: More coherent picture style and colour scheme and a more ordered setup of the text brackets.​

I thought the centre aligned text made it look alot more presentable as opposed to side slanted text.

Thanks for the comments, I shall take them under note and tweak my style alittle.

Also the last 2 updates sort of tailed off, I was hoping to get a bit more fluff in them but time was running against me, so I might go back and add to them.​

Could you elaborate a bit on this?
Do you mean the coloured photos and then jumping back to Black and white ones?

I mean staying with one style for at least an update instead of switching between blurry black and white pre revolution photos and modern photographs of onion-domed orthodox churches and brightly coloured .svg images.

I mean staying with one style for at least an update instead of switching between blurry black and white pre revolution photos and modern photographs of onion-domed orthodox churches and brightly coloured .svg images.

Ah, I get you, I try to stick to dated photos when I can, but I can't always find the images of the subject I require so I make due with can :/

I must say that I prefer style you use for this AAR. Good work is all I can say......

You should probably join us on kaiserreich forum - many parts of your AAR could be used as good contribution to the kaiserreich wiki ( especially aprt about Don-Kuban + that nice coat of arms you ´ve created ).

Get the rightfull Tsar back and those cossacks should return to their senses and rejoin the motherland. If that doesn't work, an invasion always does the trick.

I must say that I prefer style you use for this AAR. Good work is all I can say......

You should probably join us on kaiserreich forum - many parts of your AAR could be used as good contribution to the kaiserreich wiki ( especially aprt about Don-Kuban + that nice coat of arms you ´ve created ).

Thank you, but I am totally inept at photo shop and every picture I put up I have found on the net, that CoA's was the actual CoA's of the short lived IRL Kuban breakaway state.

Also the offer to join the KR forum is intriguing!

@Mr.Santiago, the mood is moving towards a restoration, but inregards to reclaiming wayward portions of the Empire is still a fair while off till the area under control by the state sorts itself fully out.

Good! This is good. Excellent. The Church must bow. Long live the stratocracy!

EDIT: Can I request that you describe Denikin's regime on how it is different to, let's say, a corporatist state like AUS, and to a traditional country like Tsarist Russia. This is just a request. You can do what you please.

@Zzzzz...

Denikin's Russia dosn't subscribe to a particular ideology other than Russian nationalism/Ultra-nationalism. It is a transitional military Junta with a growing (or was before the Patriarch Affair) civilian face. It is more concerned with internal stability rather than concentrating or committing to building an ideological based state, however I am sure as has been noticed it does hark and has moved back towards the past Tsarist institutions. Economically it is were it is after being forced to seize the major industries to keep the nation running. But saying that, I can't compare it to any corporatist states as they have yet to form, the globe has been eerily stable. No civil wars have erupted, no wars have been declared, the Korean uprising has been a bit of a disappointment, I am not familiar with the event chain, but little seems to have happened. The only major instability was a couple of rebellions in the German Chinese concessions, maybe this is the calm before the storm in 1937?

I hope to get the next update up tomorrow, if not I am afraid my non existent social life kicks in till Sunday.

Hearts of Iron

Blood of Oil

o8temh.png

The flag of the Oblast of Alyeska

Over the summer as the economy still staggered to maintain any growth, the government stock piling of currency was the one success story. While taxation was a bit of a hit and miss affair, trade was booming paradoxically in a global economic mess. MittelEuropa had embarked on a massive spree of public work and infrastructure improvement process in order to bring the economy back on-line, and most of the resources needed for these works was Russia. While production dropped off from its already dismal levels when the German companies left, vast stockpiles of material had been maintained over the years and fed the German orders which then led to increasing demand in steel, mining, the embryonic chemical sector and other heavy industries and therefore employment started to rise, and the added boon of vast sums of German funds (while greatly reduced in value since before the crash, still maintained a far greater value than the Rouble) which was then transferred into valuable commodities, metals and currency.

120trmt.jpg

The Profits of Stripping the Earth of Her Bounty

Abroad, the Korean uprising had run into serious difficulties. After weeks of attempting to go toe to toe with the Japanese army had resulted in defeat and scattering of the rebellion. The Russian advisor's had naively prepared and instructed the untrained, inexperienced Koreans to fight pitched battles with trained and hardened troops. However the bravery of the Koreans had inspired a wave of strikes and civil unrest in Formosa. With the main centralised body of the revolt broken and splintered the various Korean rebel factions reformed themselves, some syndicalist inspired others Monarchists and democrats and all to often attacking each other as well as the Japanese, but they would adapt to the changing state of affairs and adopt unconventional warfare. Hitting the Japanese state and forces in stinging high profile and devastating attacks in areas the Japanese thought was subdued, and the insurgents blending into the population. As the Japanese regained control they would inflict terrible reprisals on the civilian population in response to the insurgency, also the smuggling of Russian arms between the Qing and Legitation ports dried up with the added Japanese security measures. With the confirmation that Russia had armed the rebels and the captured Russian arms and bodies of Russian combatants led to a serious diplomatic spat between Russia and the Japanese and her puppets.

2qsv2it.jpg

Seoul once again falls beneath the Searing Gaze of the Rising Sun

While Russia was lagging behind her peers in what her men under arms were equipped with, she didn't in the technological advancement. With such minds as Sikorsky, Mikoyanand and Yakovlev, Russian aerospace, aviation and prototype aircraft became abundant and a vibrant sector to partake in. Denikin had been sending funding towards the air forces to design aircraft worthy to equip the Air force, as such prototype designs of YAK trainers and recon, MIG interceptors and Sikorsky's forays into bomber and sea plane aircraft designs and his theories of vertical lift aircraft were astounding to say the least.

29dcwlz.jpg

Prototypes at the Aircraft Design Bureau in Kazan

For the land forces, the concepts of ''armoured warfare'' were built upon. Armoured cars had been steadily upgraded over the years till they reached the level of the ''tanks'' used in the Weltkrieg. With technical advice from Canadian and occasional German advisor's, a tank design bureau was formed in Omsk and within months prototypes of a ''Bystrokhodny tank/fast tanks/BT'' series of tanks. Based upon Canadian ideas of '' Calvary tanks'' they were to be fast armoured raiders, harassing cumbersome infantry formations on their flanks and rear.

5beic3.jpg

The BT-7 Cavalry Tank Prototype, the Pinnacle of Russian Armoured Technological Thought

Alongside this, the special warfare committee set up under Denikin's tentative reforms suggested the formation of an airborne formation of soldiers who when the technology and logistics allowed it could be dropped from heavy lift aircraft behind enemy lines to harass and distract the enemy or dropped onto areas in need of direct reinforcement, the ''Vozdushno-desantnye voyska'' or Air landing forces were formed on the 29th of August by volunteers from the regular ranks. Also the general armaments committee had commissioned the arms entrepreneur Vasily Degtyaryov with numerous contracts to produce more advanced and capable small arms for the forces.

2zg5bar.jpg

The DGT Light Machine gun, the first of many Weapons Degtyaryov's Gunsmith would Produce

By the end of October it appears the new thinking with in the Church had come round to the sway of the state. While there was still grumbling in the background, the new Patriarch had declared a national Mass to the benefit of the Russian nation, government and people and blessed them all in the name of Christ. It had been viewed the earlier clash between Church and State resulted in Russia becoming a secular nation, it might have appeared so, but Denikin and the current ruling clique were very much still in touch with their faith, and supported an Orthodox, Russian nationalist vision for Russia.

301opdf.png

May God and Christ Guide our Steps and Watch over us

While Russia has settled into a state of stability and tepid rate of transition, November would mark a great change for Russia and the world. In the United States of America a seemingly endless period of economic depression, bad government, prohibition and polarisation of national wealth had seen the rise of the dreaded syndicalist threat in the industrial centres of the Mid-Western United States, centred around Chicago, in the south the ever changing and populist forces of the Union Staters had built a strong support base in the American deep south, the traditional parties had shown themselves impotent to adapt to change or bring any hope of a recovery from the ''Devils Depression'', as a result traditional politics had eroded. Strike actions, industrial militancy and strike breaking became ever more and more intense in previous years in the Mid-West, often spurred on by the British and French backed Combined Syndicalist party. In the south the Union Staters were targeting blacks, Mexicans, the travelling poor, the rich who opposed them and the federal government. With elections rapidly approaching the situation deepened as the campaigns became more partisan, militant and fervent in their victory. The day after the release of the polling results was going to be marred with riots in the areas that supported the more radical candidates that failed to win the day. The deeply unpopular President Hoover, after heavy deliberation decided the elections were not ''in the national interest'' at such a delicate time, but that he would stand down to be replaced by a temporary military government, led by a committee of the Joint Chiefs of Staff headed by MacArthur. As soon as the transfer was complete MacArthur began a purge of the Syndicalist, but turned a blind eye to the Union Staters who began pogroms to root out suspected Syndicalist elements in their areas. But the outcry was colossal and the American public were fever pitch in their rage.

oumomv.jpg

US ''Doughboys'' move in to Break up the ''Polling day General Strike''

The handling of the affair was botched as the troops went in too heavy handed and forced strikers onto the defensive, weapons quickly became common place and in some cases troops mutinied and defected to the strikers. Militia's fought running battles with federal troops, federal hold over the Mid-west quickly evaporated as entire regiments and National Guard divisions went over to the strikers. Jack Reed declared a provisional Syndicalist regime centred around Chicago and the states of Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania had succeeded from the Union. The Federal forces began a sustained offensive against the new state when Long sensed his time, on November 4th he declared the United States a ''defunct and poisonous '' state that had ''abandoned the ideals of the American forefathers'', he succeeded from the Union taking the states of Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, South Carolina and the Mississippi with him to form the American Union State. One of the world’s last Liberal Democracies had fallen to its internal demons. Washington was connected via a narrow bridge of land to the west, to the rest of the United States. The worse news kept coming for MacArthur. The New England governors had formed a Congress of New England and succeeded from the Union as well in fear of being overrun by the Red Militias, they quickly jumped into the lap of a petrified Canada whose southern border became a warzone. As the world seen this fight as a proxy battle in the on-going clash of ideologies, where would Russia lodge her support?

2ynexp1.png

Decisions, decisions.

The Russian state had formed lucrative trade contracts with several high profile Union State tycoons, out of all of the factions; the Union State shared more in terms of policy with Russia. When California, Washington, Oregon and Idaho succeeded to form the Pacific States in a vain attempt to remain neutral in the conflict, the rump of the Federal government was pinned on all sides. Rumours were plenty that Mexico was eyeing the undefended southern borders, Syndicalist arms and volunteers were on their way from France and the Union of Britain, Germany had thrown its lot in with the Union State, what good news there was, was few, Canada supported the federalists, sending volunteers and equipment, but New England was sealed as being lost by this act, and the threats of Canadian intervention signalled that they could potentially annex the areas around the Great Lakes, Hawaii then formed their own independent Kingdom under a native Monarchy. The Russian ambassador approached MacArthur with a pact, a pact with a steep cost.

zip2yw.jpg

Cincinnati burns under the Clash of Federal troops and CS Militias

The Russian ambassador to Washington, Misha Petrosyan had been instructed by Denikin to deliver to MacArthur a pact of support to the Federalists. Russia would provide equipment, funds, material, resources, volunteers and political asylum if wanted to Russia (Canada would have been much for likely, but the offer was there). But this would come at a cost, the United States government would have to formally revoke the Alaska purchase and cede the entire American held territories of Alaska to the Russian state. The pact was met with understandable hostility, but it was painfully obvious the Federalists could not hold Alaska, being separated from it, far too large, far too current pressing needs to retain it, also suggestions Canada or the PSA would take it sealed the deal, at least with this Russia would assist the Federalists. The Russo-American Treaty of Mutual Friendship and Cooperation was signed and Russian Alaska was reborn.

16k8d2p.png

Maybe we could send the Ukrainians here?

Following closely to these dramatic events, the East Asian revolts came to a close. Civil unrest at home, and prospects of a prolonged war in Korea and Formosa, Japan formally concluded treaties with the democratic factions amongst the rebels, Korea and Formosa would become quasi-independent states tied to Japan, open to limited elections and maintain their domestic affairs. This brought the steam out of the rebels who were drawing out the Japanese ability to stop them, but destroying their homelands. The hard-line nationalist government in Japan was over thrown for a democratic one; Japan had moved to become a democracy of sorts, all dependent on the good will of the Emperor. The Syndicalist and more nationalistic rebels would not be placated and carried on their war in the form of terrorism, for Russia it was a lacklustre result, Japan hadn't been weakened, more strengthened in some ways by the whole affair. It appears as if Russia is not yet ready for any Far Eastern adventures in the near future.

9fr5og.png

The whole Affair was quietly allowed to Disappear in the Bright Haze of Alaska

On the 16th of November Denikin revealed the results of the nine month long economics and industry committee, they had been hearing the most experienced economic scholars, industrialists, businessmen and economists they could gather, and they outlined three paths for Russia;
1. A return to the peasant economy, Russia was to find its strengths as an agricultural nation, the traditional life style served Russia well, it would again, this would no doubt go down well with the teaming peasants.
2. Russia was to become an armed camp, a military industrial complex were all production is centred around the military
3. Russia was to industrialise and modernise, it must destroy the peasant system and become an advanced economy with industrial production to form the basis of the economy.

29ll5p5.png

''Russia must be a land of men with hearts of Iron, and blood of oil!''

Denikin's regime favoured industrialisation on a massive scale, in an address to the nation that would go on to become known as the ''Hearts of Iron'' speech, he called on Russia to leave its past, not abandon it, but move on to a better tomorrow of plenty, agriculture was to become mechanised, industrial complexes to cover vast areas, infrastructure to weave and encrust the nation with rail and road, Russia's future lay in the factories, not the fields of her past. This caused concern amongst the landed Aristocracy and peasantry who seen their way of life threatened. They would have to see the results to be won over to the brave new Russia and the five year plan. Alongside this was the decision on the economy, the events of the Black Monday crash had caused vast areas to be nationalised by the state, Russia was essentially a command economy. As such as part of the wider economic reforms Russia would privatise sections of the economy, but retain 50% stakes in industries and sectors that are vital to the national good. Military officers by their nature or inefficient economists, so it is better to nurture an embryonic free market class to become the future creators of Russia's wealth, also the balanced approach security of state support and tepid capitalism appeared to good down well with the Russian middle classes and state employed workers.

t4z441.png

A Restrained Market for now is the Best Market!​

Last edited: