• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

philchenevert

Recruit
11 Badges
Jan 15, 2013
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
[SOLVED] Thanks all!!! I've reached the Snowden land and the Tower of Magnus (or whatever) in the campaign. It may be the final section but that is not known yet. The problem is that there seems to be no solution; the boss magician at the end just destroys me warriors with one poof! and these are high level shield bearers with over 1000. The march into the final chamber and 'poof' they are gone. No one can get near those chains they are supposed to break. Over 20 of my highest trained fighters are gone now with no solution in sight. Is there any other way to get near him? I have cleared all of the ? areas too so ......... well, I am just frustrated and asking for a tiny bit of assistance. thanks

Last edited:
Can't you teleport them there? If i remember correctly there were no teleport blockers and i teleported my strongest dwarves as a strike force directly to the chains. All other warriors were waiting outside (i built a military base right in front of the boss chamber, complete with beds and food table) and stormed in by themselves. If you have enough highlevel warriors this should do the trick...

Can't you teleport them there? If i remember correctly there were no teleport blockers and i teleported my strongest dwarves as a strike force directly to the chains. All other warriors were waiting outside (i built a military base right in front of the boss chamber, complete with beds and food table) and stormed in by themselves. If you have enough highlevel warriors this should do the trick...
Youare right, there are no teleport blockers in the room. I built a base right there too with everything. When I teleport fighters in, before I can send inanother one, thefirst is dead. But if you did it, then there must be a way and I will try to find a way to do this. Thanks for the encouragement.

Last edited:
Maybe your fighters aren't highlevel enough (make sure to upgrade them to the highest level possible and don't just go for immortals, but for the berserker line too, as their damage is really good and they manage to bring down the chains quick - if they aren't one-hitted by the boss that is) or you don't have enough military still. I also got a lot of losses, but while the boss picked one dwarf after another, the other dwarves managed to cut all the chains just in time. Though it was on an earlier game version, so maybe things have changed a bit. Maybe the nerfed dwarflings make it harder to have such a strong military...

I want to thank Grombeard for hisadvice. I did as he said, slowly leveled everyone as much as possible, grouped them at the door and then unleashed them and it worked! Is this the end of the campaign? Or are there other places to go? It seems a shame to never have used any of the traps.

Glad i could help and you finally made it! :)

If you've already done all the optional levels (the ones that give new weapons and armor to your prince) there aren't any more levels to do. You could maybe complete all optional quests in the levels if you haven't done this on your first playthrough or you could start your own mine in custom mode.

I've currently paused playing AgoD, hoping and waiting for some kind of "invasion dlc" which would make custom game mode more interesting... :)

I leveled 5 warriors to 30 and another 5 to the low to mid twenties. I made a large number of them tanks and set down two 'guard post' flags. Once all of the fighters were assembled, I opened it up and they went in on their own accord. I lost half of them, but they managed to take down all of the chains and win the level. The loss of five noble warriors was blow to the community, but after a sedate ceremony honoring their sacrifice Gao the Milk Drinker and clan returned to Hemfort with pride.
http://youtu.be/4Sp8Jgp-gg8