• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hopefully the installation process in Linux has improved from when Loki games tried to start gaming on Linux back in the ancient '90's. A hex dump on installation is just not acceptable.

I would buy CIM 2 if for linux...

Just to let you know I played long CIM 1 I bought almost all Addon, all original throught Steam and now it's on linux I decided I won't buy new games that runs only in Windows because the games I play most are already ported and as soon as Windows collapse I will keep only my Ubuntu installation.

This is just to let you know what I think, nothing more. I do understand that the company have far more things to think about if they want to release a version for another platform.

Hello again.
As some discussions asking for Linux support have appeared on Steam's community site recently, I would really appreciate if you could give us some sign whether and about when we can expect the game to be released for Linux?
http://steamcommunity.com/app/225420/discussions/0/828935319003048750/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/225420/discussions/0/828934424099374870/

Could you please give us some sign ... can we count on it the game will have it's Linux version? I am so much eager to play this game ... but I don't (want to) use Windows and I already explained why Wine is not the ultimate solution.

So, please ... talk to us. I don't require to know the exact date or anything like that, I only wish you gave us some sign - just talk to us please :'(

Hello again.
As some discussions asking for Linux support have appeared on Steam's community site recently, I would really appreciate if you could give us some sign whether and about when we can expect the game to be released for Linux?
http://steamcommunity.com/app/225420/discussions/0/828935319003048750/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/225420/discussions/0/828934424099374870/

Could you please give us some sign ... can we count on it the game will have it's Linux version? I am so much eager to play this game ... but I don't (want to) use Windows and I already explained why Wine is not the ultimate solution.

So, please ... talk to us. I don't require to know the exact date or anything like that, I only wish you gave us some sign - just talk to us please :'(

You can always use Mac, if you're not a Windows person.... else you should wait, but don't push it... the current game has enough bugs that should be dealt before migrating to another platform.

I don't want to push anything, I only would so much appreciate some answers. As to Mac, I believe it is illegal to run it on non Apple hardware, isn't it? Also, I am not an OS X fan - I am a long time Linux user.

Last edited:
Do we really want games on Linux that cant even get the controls and menu text right? I'm really getting to hate windows gaming, because the gamers are accepting such low standards and defend these companies. I blame myself also, because I pre-ordered this game. I will never judge another game, ever again, on the success of its predecessor.

I don't want to push anything, I only would so much appreciate some answers. As to Mac, I believe it is illegal to run it on non Apple hardware, isn't it? Also, I am not an OS X fan - I am a long time Linux user.

Wha...WYAT? Lol. It's not illegal to run a legally purchased copy on other hardware. No court would side with Apple on such a crazy claim and to my knowledge, Apple has never tried.

What it does do is void the license agreement. Apple has no obligation to provide warranty or support once you try running OS X on non-Apple hardware. To be fair, they have good reasons, as not having to keep up with the rat race Microsoft has been in with driver support.

Difficult? Yes. Voids license? Yes. But illegal? Please, spare me your ludicrousness.

Hi,

we're still trying to squeeze it into the schedule - we've got other things in the pipeline.

The tricky thing with linux is that it's EXTREMELY important to a fairly small group of people - but new functionality/bug fixing is beneficial for everyone. The problem is that it's the same devs who have to make both things. Bandwidth is limited.

So we can't commit to a date - but we're looking into it.

Regards,

Shams

Hi,

we're still trying to squeeze it into the schedule - we've got other things in the pipeline.

The tricky thing with linux is that it's EXTREMELY important to a fairly small group of people - but new functionality/bug fixing is beneficial for everyone. The problem is that it's the same devs who have to make both things. Bandwidth is limited.

So we can't commit to a date - but we're looking into it.

Regards,

Shams

This is great news! :D

Yes, thank you very much for the response! I realize a Linux port is possibly not the economically most efficient thing to work on at this time. :)

I'll check back from time to time and buy as soon as a Linux version shows up. (Or the price goes down a lot, to compensate for having to boot into Windows. :laugh:)