• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I resign as a member of Albanian parliament. I have been granted the Carinthian nationality ((GM approved)) and as such I will co-operate with my allies there to stop the Duchy from coming into existence. This must be our top priority right now.

- Giuseppe Barzini

"Given the wise actions of President Vertucci, Romania hereby recognises the government of Milan as legitimately acting in the interests of the people of the State of Cisalpina, or collequally known now as Lombardia. The words of the reactionary Jakopin has done nothing to inspire confidence, and as such recognision will be withheld until the next election cycle.

However given the success of the previous bill, we remind the Supreme Court that they are mandated to have a referendum on the continued existence of a united Galicia."

Ion Bartescu, Speaker of the Romanian Congress

"Given the wise actions of President Vertucci, Romania hereby recognises the government of Milan as legitimately acting in the interests of the people of the State of Cisalpina, or collequally known now as Lombardia. The words of the reactionary Jakopin has done nothing to inspire confidence, and as such recognision will be withheld until the next election cycle.

However given the success of the previous bill, we remind the Supreme Court that they are mandated to have a referendum on the continued existence of a united Galicia."

Ion Bartescu, Speaker of the Romanian Congress

As Jakopin is in Carinthia, dealing with an internal matter of vetoing a specific bill on the behest of an a few muckrakers, a slovene deputy speaks up.

"Gospod Bartescu, is it? Your words are merely inflammatory, where you praise a man who wished to kill his own citizens. While he was acting in the interest of stability, he went about so in an dangerous manner which would just make issues worse. Also, Minister-President Jakopin is not a reactionary, as you would know if you took a few seconds to even learn about him. He is the leader of All-Danubian Conservative Party and identifies as a conservative, and if the direct words of a Head of State do not convince you that he will veto the amendment, then I do not know what will."

Last edited:
The Kraków Enquirer
Obsługujących Kraków od Danubia służył jej

Stellmach resigns!

Kraków, Galicia-

State-Governor Valentyn Stellmach resigned today as the leaders of the Polish Progressive Party in the Rada announced that they would be seeking a vote of no-confidence during the next year's inaugural session. The PPP recently capitalised on the May regional elections -which returned large Party majorities in Western Galicia- by forcing through a repeal of the Galician Reorganisation Act, a pet project of State-Governor Stellmach designed to lead to an eventual breakup of the state into two separate Polish and Ukrainian-majority states. Utilising the historic dominance of the Ukrainian minority in Galician politics Stellmach managed to pass the bill through the Rada much to the displeasure of Polish citizens but "maintaining the indivisible unity of the Galician people" was one of the key platform points of the Progressives; and the repeal has come as no surprise to those who were informed on the political scene. Speaker of the Rada Wolodymyr Hulob has assumed the position by default and should be returning soon from the Constitutional Convention.

Wiener Staatsoper,
Vienna, Danubian Federation

"Es ist der fluch eines Vampirs, ewig zu leben, und doch nie das gefühl der berührung der liebe; von den qualen des hungers und der wunsch ständig geschlagen werden, aber wie Tantalus, um gequält werden vor-" and with that, Lord Ruthven dropped dead upon the stage. The audience which had been quiet before now fell into an even deeper silence; so shocked were they by what had just occurred. Backstage they scrambled for the understudy before it was remembered that he had passed away the previous weekend. Syphilis kills. Normally the show would have been canceled but this was the Vienna premiere of Der Vampyr and the show, as they say, would have to go on. But then a whisper of news: wasn't Pantleone Zeno at the Constitutional Convention?

At the Convention...

"Signor!"

The messenger quickly made his way across the crowded pews and sweating delegates over to Zeno, who was now deep in conversation over the stagecraft aspects of Rossini's Otello with another delegate. Now panting from the exertion the messenger managed to thrust a slip of paper into the Venetian's hands before staggering away. Pantaleone quickly read over the missive, exclaimed that he was born for the role, and gallivanted over the heads of other delegates on his way to the Opera House.

o9zt.jpg
Name: Gabriele Loredan
Date of Birth: December 24th, 1839
Culture: Venetian
Position: Appointed Venetian Representative to the Congress of the Danube and her Federal Council in Session
Biography: As one of the LVR's most popular and charismatic politicians, Gabriele also comes from what is possibly one of the most distinguished families in Venice and one of the few remaining patricians. His charm and finesse helped assure the League victory that lead to Venice's new-found status, and seemed a natural for the position of the city's representative in Vienna.

67j6.jpg

Last edited:
"Regardless of the recent repeal of the GRA, the fact is that it past in the first place. Therefore the Supreme Court is bound to follow the wishes of the Galician people and hold a referendum on the unity of the Galician state.

Anything less then a popular referendum is tantimount to ignoring the wishes of the people of Galicia and the willful ignorance of the Supreme Court and their processes in upholding the rule of law an the rights of man."

- Alexandru V. Draçulešti

Danube1.png

A Pronouncement of the Chief of the General Staff
Nicolò Donato

I would first like to take this time to thank General Artur Georgescu for his exemplary and long standing service to this nation, he was a great man and will be missed sorely. I would like to also thank Laszlo Szekely, the Minister of War, for entrusting me with this new responsibility, I shall endeavor to do my utmost in the defence of this Federation. Now, I move straight into the duties of my new office by announcing that I hereby relieve Alexandru Vladimir Drăculeşti from his post as Southeastern Front Commander, I thank him for his duty but know that he has new found responsibility as High Minister of Romania and thus would not have been able to serve in his position to the utmost. I shall succeed to the position of Western Front Commander myself and General Symon Revenjo shall continue in his capacity as Northeastern Front Commander. Aside from this, all other appointments are to remain as are.

Admiral-General Nicolò Donato
Chief of the General Staff

Last edited:
((Not until Gabriele dies of old age. >.>))

((Judging by whats happened so far IG its only a 50/50 chance that he will live longer then 10 years. Dont expect to live past 50. Now I shouldnt be talking though my characters have never lived past 30...))

((Sorry guys but i just dont have enough time to participate in this aar so i will have to leave.Do i have to send a message to theAhawk or what i have to do?))

((You don't have to do anything. Either give your character some sort of resignation or death, or just leave it unresolved and quietly leave.))

(( I hope you've all had a nice Christmas and are enjoying Boxing Day. Week 4 of the convention is now over
Let week 5 (The Judiciary, Citizenship, and The Rights of the People) begin.))

The Judicial Hierarchy

In descending order of authority, the judicial hierarchy within the Federation is to be as follows: the Supreme Court, the Court of Appeal, the Federal Courts, the District Courts. The Supreme Court shall serve as the ultimate judicial authority within the Federation.

A Letter from the President of Cisalpina

Dear Ambassador Grimaldi,

The letter you recently received from Speaker Artino was not intended to be delivered to you or to His Majesty, the King of Italy, as indicated by its incomplete nature. It was written during the Belvedere Conference in protest of Venetian statehood and was meant to pressure the federal government of the Danubian Federation into accepting an agreement that would not result in Venetian statehood. Unfortunately, it failed to do so and was to be burned following the conclusion of the conference. I had trusted Speaker Artino with disposing of it but it is apparent that he took matters into his own hands and, out of anger over the outcome of the Belvedere Conference, wrote the cover letter before delivering it to you in order to achieve his own goal of uniting Cisalpina with the Kingdom of Italy, a goal which I, and the people of Cisalpina, do not share. As such I urge you to send a letter to His Majesty, the King of Italy, and explain the situation to him before things get out of hand. I have no desire of seeing the relationship between the Danubian Federation and the Kingdom of Italy sullied by this incident, and I hope that it may be resolved swiftly so that affairs between our nations may return to normal.

Yours respectfully,

Rodrigo Vertucci,
President of Cisalpina

((Only Rodrigo and Ambassador Grimaldi have knowledge of this letter.))

A Letter from the President of Cisalpina

Dear Ambassador Grimaldi,

The letter you recently received from Speaker Artino was not intended to be delivered to you or to His Majesty, the King of Italy, as indicated by its incomplete nature. It was written during the Belvedere Conference in protest of Venetian statehood and was meant to pressure the federal government of the Danubian Federation into accepting an agreement that would not result in Venetian statehood. Unfortunately, it failed to do so and was to be burned following the conclusion of the conference. I had trusted Speaker Artino with disposing of it but it is apparent that he took matters into his own hands and, out of anger over the outcome of the Belvedere Conference, wrote the cover letter before delivering it to you in order to achieve his own goal of uniting Cisalpina with the Kingdom of Italy, a goal which I, and the people of Cisalpina, do not share. As such I urge you to send a letter to His Majesty, the King of Italy, and explain the situation to him before things get out of hand. I have no desire of seeing the relationship between the Danubian Federation and the Kingdom of Italy sullied by this incident, and I hope that it may be resolved swiftly so that affairs between our nations may return to normal.

Yours respectfully,

Rodrigo Vertucci,
President of Cisalpina

((Only Rodrigo and Ambassador Grimaldi have knowledge of this letter.))

Sig. Vertucci,

I understand perfectly your concerns and, if it were within my power to halt events already in motion, I am sure we could come to a more amicable arrangement; however, I recieved a telegram yesterday informing the Embassy that His Majesty will be taking a detour to Milan during his immenent State Visit, in order to discuss this very matter with you personally. I understand he was everjoyed by the news, and I fear the concequences of his disappointment may ecllipe any attempts this Embassy might make to smooth the tide. Indeed, though I shall delay no longer in heading for the city, I fear it may be too late for His Majesty's Diplomatic Sevice to intervene. I therefore am forced to leave it in your capable hands, but I must warn against upsetting His Majesty unnecessarily. In my experience, it is usually better to give him what he wants,

Your faithful servant,
Ambassador Grimaldi

Last edited:
(Just wondering if i have a character do i post it here)

((Yep. If you want to create a character, post a biography here.))

supremecourtlogo.png

Summary of the Supreme Court

Official Notice of the Supreme Court's Opinion on the Presidential Prerogative to Make War

The Court has been petitioned by Mr. A. Spiros, President of the Federation, to clarify the powers of the Presidency implied by incumbency as Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Armed Forces. Court notes that the power to declare war is reserved to the Congress of the Federation by the Constitution. The power to make war, however, is invested in the President as Commander-in-Chief; he is thus responsible for the disposition of the Armed Forces. In this role he possesses statutory power to authorise military deployments and engagements. Furthermore, it is the duty of the President to ensure peace, order and sound government within the Federation. The Court concurred that Congress could not possibly provide adequate relief at a time of imminent invasion or crisis, and it would be folly to consider the Armed Forces to be in a state of paralysis until their use had been legislatively sanctioned.

Therefore, the Court states that, in order to uphold the constitutional order of the Federation against external or internal aggression, the President may issue an executive decree to order the mobilisation and deployment of the Federal Armed Forces on a military mission, both within and outwith the territories of the Federation, in response to an imminent threat to the constitutional order and safety of the Federation. Any subsequent declaration of war involving the same parties shall not be considered an ex post facto act, as it is infeasible for Congress to issue such a declaration promptly at a time of immediate crisis and the declaration marks the transition from a mere military engagement to a state of war as is understood in international law.

Note that this interpretation was based on the text of the existing Constitution, and is subject to review pending the conclusion of the Constitutional Convention.

Official Notice of the Supreme Court's Opinion on Secession within States

The Court has received multiple requests for review of unilateral secession by aspiring State organisations within existing States. It is universally acknowledged that it is illegal for a State to unilaterally secede from the Federation. The principle of an aspirant State seceding from an existing State but remaining party to the Federation, however, has never been placed before judicial scrutiny. When the State of Slovakia achieved its autonomy in such a manner, it was subsequently recognised by Congress and the matter was settled. But the issue of separatism has become so vociferous and widespread that the Court determines this ad hoc mechanism to be insufficient for purpose.

The Constitution states that the territory of a State cannot be altered without the consent of the State and Federal legislatures. The Court interprets this to provide for internal State secession. Therefore, no new State shall be created from the boundaries of an existing State without the approval of the relevant State legislature and Congress. Therefore, the Court directs the Cisalpine State legislature to introduce a bill ratifying the partition of that State, which must then be forwarded to Congress for Federal approval; only then shall the accession of the proposed State of Venice be recognised. As the Galician Reorganisation Act was subsequently overturned, no further action is necessary.

The Court further asks that Congress incorporate an article into the putative constitution to provide for this issue.

The majority opinion was signed and delivered,

Mr. R. Massingberd
Supreme Judge

A statement from the Signoria of Venice
The Signoria, on behalf of the Venetian people, thanks the Supreme Court for her decision and urges the Cisalpine Parliament to introduce and ratify a partition bill as soon as possible. The Cisalpine government indicated her willingness, as per the Belvedere Accords, to provide and accept the establishment of a Venetian state within the Federation and the Signoria hopes that they will make that willingness expressly manifest lest dire consequences unfold. Venice, for her part, re-affirms the provisions of the Accords which provide for reunification referendums on the decade and a declaration of friendship and trade and hopes that the animosity between our peoples may finally be put to rest.

~Tommaso Cuomo,
Speaker of the Signoria and Member of the Arengo

~Gianfranco Memmo,
Chairman of the Quarantia

Status
Not open for further replies.