• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be a fool sir. The monarchist rebels have no cause for fear now the referendum has been halted. I have no doubt that if you inform them of this news the majority shall lay down their arms peacefully.
I feel you are misinterpriting the goal of this rebellion. They are not protesting the referendum, they are trying to forcefully re-instal a monarchy in Crete.

EDIT: ((Who controls the progress of the rebellion? Who discides if something has happened? I feel we really can't move forward with suppressing this revolt, until these questions are cleared up))

Long live confederalism! Long live democracy! Long live the Federation! I propose a toast to the death of the thrice-damned referendum that tore open wounds that should never have been revisited. If the people lay down their arms they may seek to install a monarchy through legal means. This is how it should have been done in the first place.

Here, here! My carriage is leaving imminently, but you are welcome in Carniola any time!

I feel you are misinterpriting the goal of this rebellion. They are not protesting the referendum, they are trying to forcefully re-instal a monarchy in Crete.

As always, many of the common people will be caught up in the fervour of a movement when they feel their beliefs are at stake. I belief in the decency of mankind, and I believe that if you explain the latest events to the rebels most will lay down arms - the few that are left will have no choice but to surrender when the majority of their force abandons them.

((Generally people control their own events if it doesn't impact other players; if it does people sometimes do it in concert - or you could ask AHawk to do it.))

A letter to the Hofburg

Herr von Stroheim, I must ask - I feel my health would benefit from the sea air. Would you be willing to host me in Carniola for a few days? I am sure that it would speed my recovery immensely.

-W.L., Hochmeister von Deutscher Ordens, Ambassador to Russia, Liberal

((So...no one cares that the military neutrality act is no longer in effect as per Minister Popa's declaration?))

A letter to the Hofburg

Herr von Stroheim, I must ask - I feel my health would benefit from the sea air. Would you be willing to host me in Carniola for a few days? I am sure that it would speed my recovery immensely.

-W.L., Hochmeister von Deutscher Ordens, Ambassador to Russia, Liberal

Hochmeister, you are always welcome in Carniola. I gladly offer you the hospitality of my beach residence.

((So...no one cares that the military neutrality act is no longer in effect as per Minister Popa's declaration?))

((I can't remember which way I voted, but Stroheim never felt strongly about it. It's like hearing Popa announce he just farted - the discomfort has passed, and all returns to its proper place.))

((Awhile bakc I lost a character because of it so im glad.))

As usual, I am disappointed by Mr. Liberalen's disregard for the liberalism he claims to profess. I certainly hopes he enjoys fiddling while the Federation burns on the non-existent beaches of Carniola. He has allowed his own familial ties to monarchism to distort his values and cloud his better judgement, and the Federation will suffer because of it.

romania-flag.gif

The State of Romania

Introduction

The State of Romania [Vl: România] is one of the nine constituent states of the Danubian Federation [Vl: Federația Dunărean], and the state with a population majority Vlach with minority Hungarian and German settlers.

Divided into two provinces, the provinces of Transylvania [Vl: Transilvania] and Moldova [Vl: Moldavia], the history of the constituent provinces of Romania are ones of oppression by invaders. Held by the Hungarians, Russians, Turks and Austrians, the independent Vlach state never existed. However, since the revolution of 1848, the Vlach majority of Transylvania became free from foreign oppression. The Duchy of Moldova was incorporated into the State of Transylvania in 1859. During the Republican Revolution, High Minister Popa declared the secession of Romania from the Federation, but due to a lack of heart he returned to the Federation and Romania was readmitted to the Federation. After the Great Eastern War Wallachia was placed under the administration of the Romanian High Ministry as the Grand Duke of Wallachia. However the next disastrous war with Russia (started by the attempted integration of Wallachia into Romania) resulted in the loss of Romanian administration of the Duchy.

Statistics

Capital:Oradea
Motto: Împreună împotriva adversitate
Official Languages: Vlach, German
Official Languages of Moldova: Vlach, Southern Russian
Official Languages of Transylvania: Vlach, German, Hungarian​
Head of Government: Gravil Dunaren, High Minister of Romania
Demonym: Romanian
Government: Federal State
Area: 35,000 sq miles
Population: 1,656,000 (Circa. 1868; Adult Males only)
Currency: Danubian Pound

Form of Government

The State of Romania is a federal state within the Danubian Federation. Following its establishment as an autonomous state within the Federation, Romanian government is governed by a unicameral congress. The Romanian Congress is elected from each of the 16 districts of Moldova and the 16 districts of Transylvania. Together they elect from within themselves 4 councillors (1 from Eastern Transylvania, 1 from Western Transylvania, 1 from Northern Moldova, 1 from Southern Moldova) to send to the Federal Council Chambers.

Within the province of Transylvania, 3 seats are guaranteed to the Saxon minority and 3 seats are guaranteed to the Skelzy minority. In the Province of Moldova, 3 seats are guaranteed to the Russian minority and 1 seat to the Turkish minority. Finally 1 seat across the state is guaranteed to a member of the Jewish faith.

The leader of the State of Romania is the High Minister [Vl: Mare-Ministru], whom is elected from within the congressmen. The High Minister is the Head of Government, while the Head of State is the State itself.

The prime duties of the High Minister are the implementation of state law and the management of the Romanian Militia (in both their training and instruction). There are no limits on the re-election of a particular High Minister. The only restrictions on standing for High Minister are as follows: The candidate must be a Romanian-born male aged over 20, must have had no criminal charges against their person, and must not hold any military office from the time of announcing their candidacy to the end of their (potential) High Ministry. High Minister must have the confidence of the Congress, or face a vote of non-confidence and face a new election. The High Minister is also the Grand Prince of Wallachia.

The Pact

The Pact is an agreement between the various minorities of Transylvania formed in 1848 to protect itself from Hungarian encroachment. The idea is that all internal matters will be dealt internally and quietly, while in public all Congressmen, Deputies and Councillors officially work together. Following the integration of the state of Transylvania into the state of Romania, the Pact continues, protecting the state against foreign and federal encroachment.

Notable Individuals from the State of Romania

Ion Horsa Codrinaru: Councillor and Congressman from Oradea, he was a stark defender of Transylvania. He was the Vice President during the Nikolic administration and in a daring move called the "Codrinaru Coup" he became President of the Federation. Following a coup by the military, Codrinaru committed suicide. Oh, and he banned serfdom.

Andrei Ivonaescu Popa: Councillor and Congressman from Oradea, he is a noted drunk and father of the Women's Right Movement in the Federation. He has been Minister of War during both the Kraus and Soukup-Valenta administrations. Fled to the colonies following his pardoning by Soukup-Valenta following the failed DRB coup. He will return when the time is right.

Număra din Bihor, Alexandru Vladimir Drăculeşti: Councillor and Congressman from Oradea, he is the Count of the County of Bihor. He is a known revanchist for native Romanian land, and also a defender of Romanian language rights.

Gavril Dunăren: Deputy and Congressman for Romania from Moldova, he is an ex-cavalry officer whom took up the reins of leadership of the ADCP in the 1864 Presidential Elections, which he lost. He then rejoined the military to fight against the Ottomans in the War of the Canal. Following this he has taken up the reins to lead Romania into the future as High Minister.

Artur Georgescu: A well known military leader in the Danubian Armed Forces, he has become CoGS and is one of the most influential Romanians in Danubian Military History.

Events & Acts pertaining to Romania

The Romanian Ethnic Bill

Romanian Languages Act

200px-Coat_of_arms_of_Romania.svg.png

Last edited:
Pamphlets released through the Cretan government's intelligence network inside Heraklion

DISPERSE!

Brothers! Sisters! We are Cretans! Although our ideals may be different our nationality is still the same, 27,000 federal troops have surrounded Heraklion. This is your last chance for mercy. Disperse and return to your normal lives. Lay down your arms and turn over leaders and the Cretan government is prepared to show you mercy, though if you persist in fighting this battle there will be no mercy only death. The federal troops outside the city have been instructed to take no prisoners and to act without mercy or compassion. You have three days if you have not dispersed from the city by then the federal troops will be sent in and none of you will make it out alive.

-Cubeyr Uygur Head Negotiator for the Cretan Government

((Where did this come from?))

((Didn't know that was something that I needed to get your permission for I'll get rid of it if you want))

((Well, I'm honestly not sure as to whats actually going on on the ground, so please :) ))

I too would like to use my influence in Crete to help promote the peaceful dispersal of the rebellion. To the rebels I say:

"Now that the accursed referendum is defeated, for which so much pointless blood has been spilled, there is no reason to continue this revolt. The referendum's results were clear that Crete is favourable to monarchism, and it is possible in the future that we may be able to establish one democratically. But this revolt must end! Your actions display bravery, but also foolishness. You cannot win against the might of the Federal Army and if you persist you will prevent future attempts to restore the true Cretan Dynasty. Lay down your arms and let us build a prosperous Crete for all our citizens."

As a supporter of both democratic elections and monarchism, I would be willing to participate as a mediator in peace talks should they occur. I pray that the rebels see the light of reason and that the usurper Metaxas does not insist on plunging our great island into bloodshed and misery.

- Konstantinos Venizelos, Councillor for Crete

((Well, I'm honestly not sure as to whats actually going on on the ground, so please :) ))
((Quick summery:
Republic Forces withdrew
We found out we have 27,000 Federal Troops on Crete
President Valentia gives them the go ahead to act
We are currently dicussing the Rebel surrender, worth noting is currently the Rebels have no players to represent them in the negotiations))

((Whoever created the rebellion should be responsible in repersenting them, as an temporary character.))

((Quick summery:
Republic Forces withdrew
We found out we have 27,000 Federal Troops on Crete
President Valentia gives them the go ahead to act
We are currently dicussing the Rebel surrender, worth noting is currently the Rebels have no players to represent them in the negotiations))

((Well I can't negotiate with no body so anyone want to represent them.))

((Well I can't negotiate with no body so anyone want to represent them.))

((If no one wants to I will repsersent them, i can argue pointless things for hours :p))

Status
Not open for further replies.