• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[1] : Doing so would have had me arrive at the Gare d'Austerlitz. Who in their right mind would welcome friends at a place named for one of their defeats ?
[2] : ((Napoléon is in power in France through circumstances unknown, though the 1848 revolution failed to result in a Second Republic. Ask the GM.))[/SIZE][/I][/FONT]

(([1]To be fair, Waterloo Station is actually called Waterloo Bridge Station and is named after the Bridge, so it's not quite so brazen [and anyway we all know that Napoleon was evil and Wellington was good :)]
[2]Umm... yeah... I didn't really give that one much thought at the time and just accepted what somebody said.... [it might have been you Guilu...] I'm going to say that Napoleon III was swept to power in a bloodless coup after the death of whoever was on the throne in 1848 died a couple of years after - he will shortly be deposed as per history and that will be the end of it [other than the French Republics will henceforth be one number less going forward...]))

Popa stands up

Does no one see the danger that the Hungarian hordes present to us? Has everyone goneweak, gone soft? No one remembers the death these things have caused? The destruction through their traitorous lechery?

Why must we always give the Hungarians a chance? Why must they get way free again for killing our sons, our fathers, and our brothers? Will no one stand up, and crush the magyar while they are weak, strangle the babe before it will grow?

Mark my words, the Hungarians pine for freedom, for control over their former lands. They will stop at nothing until the Federation is burned down around them, with the Vlachs, the Croatians, and the Slovakians dead.

There is no peace in letting the Hungarians go free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hungarian posters that are circulating the state of Hungary

hung.jpg

((Thanks Tapscott and Otto.))

An uneven thumping is heard outside the council chambers. The door opens, revealing Knittel. He is thinner and older looking than he was before the war, and he has a prosthetic leg which he supports with a crutch.

Hello again, everyone. I must apologize for my absence, and also for not returning in my entirety. The elections in Silesia have taken up much of my time since the war ended, but I am eager to once again resume my duties as deputy wile they come to a close.

Hello mr. Knittel it is nice to see you again though Im sorry to see your leg was lost in the war. Now I ask you we have all heard von Falkryns comments regarding how to reorganize silesia following the election, may I ask what are yours?

- Frydryk Augustyniak, Councilor for Silesia

((Due to popular demand, the rules on disenfranchisement have been clarified - please give them a read and don't hesitate to ask if you still find them unclear.))

((theAhawk, could you add to the description of the PDP on the first page that it supports moderate federalism?))

((theAhawk, could you add to the description of the PDP on the first page that it supports moderate federalism?))

((Yeah... keep forgetting... I'll do it now...))

Leopolitan Investment's bi-monthly newsletter to staff and clients...

I would like to take the opportunity to announce my formal membership, henceforth, with the Progressive Society. To any any of those concerned with potential conflicts of interest, I would like to reaffirm the nonpartisan nature of this association.

I also feel it's necessary to express my concern over the Healthcare Bill now being debated by the legislatures. Contracting out functions of government (in this instance to Church authorities) is, in my view, no way to build legitimacy and trust in federal institutions.

- Stanisław Kravitz

((So, I guess the civil war's over. Who knew? [I didn't] Haha, excuse any of my previous posts that might have come off as a bit non sequitur.))

As author of the bill and a former clergyman I assure you that the actual involvement of the church is fairly limited, it is mostly the affair of state governments, with a Federal regulation ministry that ensures that the states are providing healthcare in a reasonable fashion. It is actually fairly secular, as although the church does have some responsibility in running the system, it is legally prohibited from engaging in any form of religious missionary work and must treat individuals of any and all creeds and ethnic origins, from Italian Catholics and Czech Protestants, to Bosniak Muslims.

My qualm has less to do with the chosen institution (though I'd hardly call it secular), but rather with the actual practice of delegating functions that I believe would be better managed at the federal level. Considering the trial this nation's just been through, an independent, federally administered authority for public health could act as a strong force for greater cohesion.

- Stanisław Kravitz

((Voting is closed! The results are as follows :
The Innerestadt Act does not pass; it was approved by Congress but not the Austrian legislature.
The Independance of Representation Act passes, unlike the Responsibility of Representation Act which failed to receive the required supermajority in either house.
The Education Act does not pass, despite a majority in both houses; the application of article II requires a constitutional amendment and therefore a supermajority of two thirds.
The Guard Act passes.
The Prison Act is unanimously approved and thus passes.
The Healthcare Act passes.))

Shepherd of the Lost

I had much to be worried about in the train that took me back to Treviso. Much to be happy about too. Support for the little general was dropping tremendously, the number of defections on the imperialist side grew every week. It looked like we might actually win this war, and yet I was obsessed with one quesiton : Why ? Why did these men dishonour their word and take up arms against the Republic ? And why were they renouncing now, when victory had never been so close ? There was only one answer, and its name was DeSanctis. Let's face it, Kremvera was never the man the Marshal was, and he was as little as DeSanctis could have been great. That man knew how to lead a people, and even in Congress he had men who would have crowned him Chairman-for-life in an instant. All the more reson to order him dead, which I had done with overwhelming success. Without its torchbearer, the rebellion lost its leader, its voice. One can only get so far without knowing where he's going.
Thus, with DeSanctis' fall came that of his movement. Without his leadership, the rebellion had renounced national populism, and embrace more reactionary ways. The Holy Roman Empire born anew! What a catastrophic idea, what a despairing sight for those who had wished for a strong Nation under a strong Emperor. And where would they go ? What would they do ?
In this train to Treviso I operated a late conversion to DeSanctism : His tennets will be mine, and his people I shall lead to glory. DeSanctis only saw the Empire as a means to an end, he thought he could be the Napoléon of this Federation, leading it to greatness beyond the petty disputes that had turned into massacres. Start anew. And though he died by my pen, I will follow his vision. A united Nation, at last.

Janos Papp, "The Castle of My Crimes"

Teodato walks in and speaks to the men in a mangled Austrian freely intermixed with Tuscan

Greetings gentlemen, I am Teodato di Gherardesca, Tuscan ambassador to the Federation. I hope that you all do not mind in I sit in on a few of your legislative sessions; Duke Leopold is quite interested in further learning the ways of democratic institutions.

-Teodato di Gherardesca

Count of Donoratico,
Ducal Ambassador of Tuscany to the Danubian Federation,
Knight of the Holy Military Order of St. Stephen Pope and Martyr

Last edited:
Hello mr. Knittel it is nice to see you again though Im sorry to see your leg was lost in the war. Now I ask you we have all heard von Falkryns comments regarding how to reorganize silesia following the election, may I ask what are yours?

- Frydryk Augustyniak, Councilor for Silesia

Obviously, I oppose von Falkyrn's monarchist ambitions. However, I think that deposing our monarch entirely would do little but create anger among many Silesians. Instead, I hope to greatly reign in his power, but allow him to retain his titles and palace. With this in mind, I hope to make several amendments to the state constitution that will put more power into the hands of democratic institutions.

If I am elected, I will also reorganize the state militia system and I will disband the Royal Silesian Guards entirely. Those serving on the royalist side in both organizations will be offered full pardons, in exchange for swearing an oath to uphold democracy.

Finally, I intend to use state funds to rebuild the damaged and destroyed property and infrastructure in Upper Silesia, as well as other war ravaged areas in the rest of the state.

((Let me know if there are any major issues with this platform.))

Obviously, I oppose von Falkyrn's monarchist ambitions. However, I think that deposing our monarch entirely would do little but create anger among many Silesians. Instead, I hope to greatly reign in his power, but allow him to retain his titles and palace. With this in mind, I hope to make several amendments to the state constitution that will put more power into the hands of democratic institutions.

If I am elected, I will also reorganize the state militia system and I will disband the Royal Silesian Guards entirely. Those serving on the royalist side in both organizations will be offered full pardons, in exchange for swearing an oath to uphold democracy.

Finally, I intend to use state funds to rebuild the damaged and destroyed property and infrastructure in Upper Silesia, as well as other war ravaged areas in the rest of the state.

((Let me know if there are any major issues with this platform.))

((All those poor familys who loss out on the militia health care benifit and free university! Oh how can you do such a thing this is terrible! Lol you likely without knowing just said youd repeal this law which no one can do in silesia. Hehehe Yep I made a constitution that means you cant remove laws le epic fail. Important note to everyone don't write a base draft for a constitution at 4am.))

What power Mr. Knittel ((Crap don't remember the page were I said the emergency powers!))last I checked every single power had to have a specific and important situation to allow it to be used. Though if you could clarify on that its I could accept it. Frankly im no monarchist I just like to be the devils advocate, dangerous but fun.

Also disbanding the militia may not actually be possible, those silly von Tirpitz worded the consitution vey strangely.

- Frydryk Augustyniak, Councilor of Silesia

Last edited:
As author of the bill and a former clergyman I assure you that the actual involvement of the church is fairly limited, it is mostly the affair of state governments, with a Federal regulation ministry that ensures that the states are providing healthcare in a reasonable fashion. It is actually fairly secular, as although the church does have some responsibility in running the system, it is legally prohibited from engaging in any form of religious missionary work and must treat individuals of any and all creeds and ethnic origins, from Italian Catholics and Czech Protestants, to Bosniak Muslims.

My qualm has less to do with the chosen institution (though I'd hardly call it secular), but rather with the actual practice of delegating functions that I believe would be better managed at the federal level. Considering the trial this nation's just been through, an independent, federally administered authority for public health could act as a strong force for greater cohesion.

- Stanisław Kravitz
It is the best that we'll get for quite a while, it's not perfect, like most bills we pass, but this isn't the friendliest place to the cause of progress right now. Also, welcome to the Progressive Society.

Teodato walks in and speaks to the men in a mangled Austrian freely intermixed with Tuscan

Greetings gentlemen, I am Teodato di Gherardesca, Tuscan ambassador to the Federation. I hope that you all do not mind in I sit in on a few of your legislative sessions; Duke Ferdinand is quite interested in further learning the ways of democratic institutions.

-Teodato di Gherardesca

Count of Donoratico,
Welcome, I am happy to be spreading the cause and ideals of democracy throughout the world, so please, tell your Duke the glory and majesty of democracy!

((Hey guys - I'm back from Tirol and have a whole lot of catching up to do. Would anyone be willing to provide me with the bones of what's been going in since c. page 616?))

Greetings gentlemen, I am Teodato di Gherardesca, Tuscan ambassador to the Federation. I hope that you all do not mind in I sit in on a few of your legislative sessions; Duke Leopold is quite interested in further learning the ways of democratic institutions.

-Teodato di Gherardesca

Count of Donoratico,

Popa lights a cigar and goes to shake Teodata`s hand

It`s an honour that his highness is interested in our democratic ways. Welcome to the Federal Chambers, my name is Andrei Ivonaescu Popa, Councillor of Western Transylvania.

Pleased to make your acquaintance.

((Universal Healthcare that's what! Oh, and the coup failed, there is gonna be a major cabinet reshuffle.))

((*Unfunded universal healthcare...))

Status
Not open for further replies.