• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In hiding in rural Bosnia.

Bosnians! This Germanic "Emperor" and his army of followers has taken control of our Bosnia! They have gotten rid of all the Bosnians the represent you! I ask us, Serbs, Croats and Muslims to fight against this madman! We need to be ruled by a person, who understands the Bosnian people, not some man who lives in a mansion in Vienna!

Bosnians, do not submit to this man, and his army! Fight again for a free Bosnia. Fight for a Bosnia, ruled by Bosnians! Forward, to victory against the "Emperor"!

~ Konstantin Vranjković

((Well... I suppose we could do a trial, the thing is that we set precedent for eliminating a player without GM supervision. Ah what the hell. Sure we can have a trial of sorts, soonish. In 8 or 10 hours or so.))
((Well, not the player, just the character. {I hope :p}))

In a written note:

Herr Kraus,

I have never maintained a private militia. I think high treason and sedition are serious charges enough without taking on superfluous bits and bobs.

Err When did the duke even do anything militarialy? Honestly none of the Royalists have even raised a new unit theyve only used existting militias or military units that joined our righteous cause.

- Adolf von Schlesien, Secretary of State for Silesia

((Yes hes been there the whole time unless someone has a post syaing he was forced to leave/left.))

((Well, not the player, just the character. {I hope :p}))

In a written note:

Herr Kraus,

I have never maintained a private militia. I think high treason and sedition are serious charges enough without taking on superfluous bits and bobs.

Err When did the duke even do anything militarialy? Honestly none of the Royalists have even raised a new unit theyve only used existting militias or military units that joined our righteous cause.

((Yes hes been there the whole time unless someone has a post syaing he was forced to leave/left.))

((Woops, yeah I meant character :p))

Kraus reads the missive.

The Duke of Candia treated the Candian State Militia as his own little army, in contravention to the Private Militia's Act. This has been repeated in Silesia, by Councillors Herman and von Tirpitz, who seems to forget that I have been raising his nephew as my own, and in the states of Bohemia and Bosnia, by General Skala and Councillor Vranjković respectively. They formed private royalist militas and fought against the loyalist State Militias. If the Duke is found not guilty of holding a private militia, so be it. Regardless that charge remains, along with the charges of sedition and high treason. Justice will be delivered.

Kraus puts the missive aside and looks much more tired. He puts his head in his hands and whispers to himself.

My son. Oh lord please find a way to let my son live. Let him be found not guilty.

~ Victor Kraus, Bt, NH, KST, COE, GMB, GCM, CD, PSM, Landmeister of Austria for, and Trapier of, the Teutonic Order, President of the Danubian Federation

((Aye he is still here. He just was ignored after he got shot :p

And yep, I recognize the royalist armies as being the private militia's of the royalists. Unless of course the Royalists want to lay all the blame at the feet of Kremvera :p))

Last edited:
Caterina stands, and goes to leave.

As I have been granted amnesty under the surrender agreement, I must return to my estates in Candia and assist with re-building and reconstruction.

She nods at the assembled; glares at the Silesians, and leaves.

In hiding in rural Bosnia.

Bosnians! This Germanic "Emperor" and his army of followers has taken control of our Bosnia! They have gotten rid of all the Bosnians the represent you! I ask us, Serbs, Croats and Muslims to fight against this madman! We need to be ruled by a person, who understands the Bosnian people, not some man who lives in a mansion in Vienna!

Bosnians, do not submit to this man, and his army! Fight again for a free Bosnia. Fight for a Bosnia, ruled by Bosnians! Forward, to victory against the "Emperor"!

~ Konstantin Vranjković

((I believe you are actually in custody, as you were forcefully deposed and most likely captured.))

((Please correct me if I am wrong.))

((Woops, yeah I meant character :p))

Kraus reads the missive.

The Duke of Candia treated the Candian State Militia as his own little army, in contravention to the Private Militia's Act. This has been repeated in Silesia, by Councillors Herman and von Tirpitz, who seems to forget that I have been raising his nephew as my own, and in the states of Bohemia and Bosnia, by General Skala and Councillor Vranjković respectively. They formed private royalist militas and fought against the loyalist State Militias. If the Duke is found not guilty of holding a private militia, so be it. Regardless that charge remains, along with the charges of sedition and high treason. Justice will be delivered.

Kraus puts the missive aside and looks much more tired. He puts his head in his hands and whispers to himself.

My son. Oh lord please find a way to let my son live. Let him be found not guilty.

~ Victor Kraus, Bt, NH, KST, COE, GMB, GCM, CD, PSM, Landmeister of Austria for, and Trapier of, the Teutonic Order, President of the Danubian Federation

((Aye he is still here. He just was ignored after he got shot :p

And yep, I recognize the royalist armies as being the private militia's of the royalists. Unless of course the Royalists want to lay all the blame at the feet of Kremvera :p))

((So your going to try the entire government of silesia for havig a provate militia if the royalists lose? Geese that will only cause more problems. Seriously though mobilising the state militia makes it a private militia thats a bit excessive.))

Are you suggesting your going to harm a 5 year old boy for something his uncle is doing? Now that is over the top. I would like to say indefense of the raising of the silesian militia that Erwin von Tirpitz feels the state is endagre so its obvious the militia needs to be raised and if you in the event my side somehow losses are you honestly going to try 13% of the population of silesia for beig a part/using a private militia... That really would take awhile.

Adolf von Schlesien, Secretary of State for Silesia

((Me and xenophon13 agreed on the number so unless ahawk or who ever is incharge temporaily thinks it should be different its stayig at that level.))

Last edited:
((So your going to try the entire government of silesia for havig a provate militia if the royalists lose? Geese that will only cause more problems. Seriously though mobilising the state militia makes it a private militia thats a bit excessive.))

((Really, purging Silesia is one of the best things we could do, it's only caused problems since its entry.))

Are you suggesting your going to harm a 5 year old boy for something his uncle is doing? Now that is over the top. I would like to say indefense of the raising of the silesian militia that Erwin von Tirpitz feels the state is endagre so its obvious the militia needs to be raised and if you in the event my side somehow losses are you honestly going to try 13% of the population of silesia for beig a part/using a private militia... That really would take awhile.

Adolf von Schlesien, Secretary of State for Silesia

((Me and xenophon13 agreed on the number so unless ahawk or who ever is incharge temporaily thinks it should be different its stayig at that level.))

((Well only if they accept the blame. Besides, their government wasn't the recognizeed legitimate one once they rebelled, so technically what they did was raise a private militia.))

You think me capable of that? Disgusting. I was referring to Erwin's callous nature, as he does not seem to care that I am raising his nephew, and then he goes and betrays me. You expect me to relish telling the boy that his beloved Uncle has become a traitor to the state? It was horrible experience and the boy is thoroughly miserable. Regardless the Silesian government was not in danger, they declared war on the Danubian Federation and raised a royalist militia.

Last edited:
rsz1rszportraitofamanwi.jpg

Name: Carlo Cornaro
Date of Birth: 12th August, 1788
Place of Birth: Venice, La Serenissima
Culture: Venetian/Croatian
Position: Deputy for Dalmatia
Biography: Scion of one of the oldest Venetian families with many Doges and Admirals in the family history; Carlo ran an influential family bank until retiring into politics in his fifties. Carlo was and remains an ardent Republican in the old Venetian mold, believing firmly in the ancient rights of the Venetian citizen at the expense of executive power, and was a noted opponent of Baldassare Morosini's theories of irredentism when they were first published. After the horrible revolution of '48; the remnants of the Cornaro family fled into exile in Dalmatia along with many other families. Although never someone who believed in the need for or existence of a Danubian identity he sided with the Loyalists during the Civil War and possesses the neurotic fear and hatred of Monarchism unique to Venetian society.

((Really, purging Silesia is one of the best things we could do, it's only caused problems since its entry.))

((Purging silesia of its governing body will only serve to make more martyrs in the eyes of silesia, seriously dont make both erwin and otto martyrs... I would hate to have every member of the von Tirpitz family be a martyr...))

((Well only if they accept the blame. Besides, their government wasn't the recognizeed legitimate one once they rebelled, so technically what they did was raise a private militia.))

You think me capable of that? Disgusting. I was referring to Erwin's callous nature, as he does not seem to care that I am raising his nephew, and then he goes and betrays me. You expect me to relish telling the boy that his beloved Uncle has become a traitor to the state? It was horrible experience and the boy is thoroughly miserable. Regardless the Silesian government was not in danger, they declared war on the Danubian Federation and raised a royalist militia.

Erwin is doing what he thinks is right and he confessed to me half the reason why he joined was fear. Fear that Silesia king would be removed if the coup failed and fear that if he didnt join he would be killed by the highly conservative monarchist german majority. So remember that when you discuss him his hand was forced by the politics of his state.

29 March, 1957

Praha

Sevinsky's State Guards are dug in to defensive positions on the northern edges of town. The enemy will arrive as they may, but the soldiers on the front lines are the ones who are enjoying relative peace. The city is a warzone, guards are fighting of looters and crime syndicates in the streets. Many a brigades act in a humanitarian role, setting up temporary kitchens and housing for those displaced by fighting further north. Sevinsky knows that here, every able body counts, citizens o the city are being but to work constructing fortifications within the city to use against Kermavera's Hordes, moving valuables out of various state institutions south to Bratislava and Vienna.

Sevinsky is appalled by the suffering of the people, he wishes there was a way to end war, and the horrible suffering of the common people for the benefit of a few men in bowler hats and black tuxedos. He wishes there was something he could do to make the suffering end. Over on the bookshelf, Sevinsky notices a book, The Condition of the Working Class in England, Sevinsky, intrigued, walks to the bookshelf, and grabs the book.

((Purging silesia of its governing body will only serve to make more martyrs in the eyes of silesia, seriously dont make both erwin and otto martyrs... I would hate to have every member of the von Tirpitz family be a martyr...))

Erwin is doing what he thinks is right and he confessed to me half the reason why he joined was fear. Fear that Silesia king would be removed if the coup failed and fear that if he didnt join he would be killed by the highly conservative monarchist german majority. So remember that when you discuss him his hand was forced by the politics of his state.

Then to be blunt the man should've had a backbone and a brain. He folded rather than fighting for what he believes in. Naturally the trials would take into account that he felt forced into supporting the monarchists, but he would still face trial. I have made it clear in the past, and I will make it clear here again, I will not support the forceful removal of Monarchies from this Federation.

I also welcome this chambers latest representative, Deputy Cornaro.

It saddens me to keep this war up, Victor was a friend of mine, perhaps if the situation was different he would be fighting alongside with us. But nonetheless I ask the president to drop the charges from his son the duke of candia if you try to charge him it would no doubt be an excellent example of the supreme hypocrisy of his administration. Not more than a month ago that coward Konstantin Vranjković turned arms against him as well! Shouldn't he state him as an enemy of the federation as well? The duke surrendered, I don't see that much different from what the Bosnian did. Evidence suggest that he didn't even need to surrender. Adolf von Schlesien, accept your fate like a man, you are the only one in vienna, so you are the only one they can really punish for silesia's actions what we did was infact illegal but it was for the good of the nation. We shall be remembered as heroes when the day comes!

-Sheriff Alexander Herman

Carlo, who slipped in unnoticed, looks appalled

Deputy for Croazia, signore. Venezia would be too unsafe for me to try to return to; and the people are so brainwashed I would never get elected. And those who would vote for me would have to fear for their lives...

((Your reign is over viola; I will soon be taking up in the Palazzo Ducale again. :D))

Then to be blunt the man should've had a backbone and a brain. He folded rather than fighting for what he believes in. Naturally the trials would take into account that he felt forced into supporting the monarchists, but he would still face trial. I have made it clear in the past, and I will make it clear here again, I will not support the forceful removal of Monarchies from this Federation.

I also welcome this chambers latest representative, Deputy Cornaro.

You have only made that known recently Herr Kraus, Erwin knows now and its really hard to be around him thats why I prefer to stay here. He feels reponsible for all the silesians that have died, thats alot of guilt id imagine since nearly 20,000 have died. Yet you have to remember he saved the lives of nearly 10,000 republican troops due to his war policy.

It saddens me to keep this war up, Victor was a friend of mine, perhaps if the situation was different he would be fighting alongside with us. But nonetheless I ask the president to drop the charges from his son the duke of candia if you try to charge him it would no doubt be an excellent example of the supreme hypocrisy of his administration. Not more than a month ago that coward Konstantin Vranjković turned arms against him as well! Shouldn't he state him as an enemy of the federation as well? The duke surrendered, I don't see that much different from what the Bosnian did. Evidence suggest that he didn't even need to surrender. Adolf von Schlesien, accept your fate like a man, you are the only one in vienna, so you are the only one they can really punish for silesia's actions what we did was infact illegal but it was for the good of the nation. We shall be remembered as heroes when the day comes!

Id have you know Herr Herman Im hear on officale orders of Erwin von Tirpitz, and Im currently not being charged with anything since Im just a diplomat... I honestly havent done anything that would negate diplomatic immunity.

You have only made that known recently Herr Kraus, Erwin knows now and its really hard to be around him thats why I prefer to stay here. He feels reponsible for all the silesians that have died, thats alot of guilt id imagine since nearly 20,000 have died. Yet you have to remember he saved the lives of nearly 10,000 republican troops due to his war policy.

Id have you know Herr Herman Im hear on officale orders of Erwin von Tirpitz, and Im currently not being charged with anything since Im just a diplomat... I honestly havent done anything that would negate diplomatic immunity.

The notable difference between the Duke of Candia and Councillor Konstantin Vranjković is that Vranjković ended up supporting us. You may call him a turn-coat, but he saw the error of his ways and decided to join the legitimate government, redeeming him in our eyes. While his support was late in coming, it did indeed arrive. The Duke of Candia on the other hand did not change his loyalities, he surrendered as an enemy of this Federation. As such he will be tried like one. There is no hypocriscy here, only facts and law.

Well Secretary von Schlesien, I do not think that because his policy saved 10,000 lives, we will forget that 20,000 have already died. There is blood on his hands, and his 'achievements' do not make us forget.

The notable difference between the Duke of Candia and Councillor Konstantin Vranjković is that Vranjković ended up supporting us. You may call him a turn-coat, but he saw the error of his ways and decided to join the legitimate government, redeeming him in our eyes. While his support was late in coming, it did indeed arrive. The Duke of Candia on the other hand did not change his loyalities, he surrendered as an enemy of this Federation. As such he will be tried like one. There is no hypocriscy here, only facts and law.

Well Secretary von Schlesien, I do not think that because his policy saved 10,000 lives, we will forget that 20,000 have already died. There is blood on his hands, and his 'achievements' do not make us forget.

I was merely stating facts but, 20,000 dead also includes some of his own and normally generals dont get in too much trouble for losses of there men. Its also ridicules to charge someone on the number of dead because he lead one of the armies, if that was the case then put every general on trial there guilty of the same thing.

I was merely stating facts but, 20,000 dead also includes some of his own and normally generals dont get in too much trouble for losses of there men. Its also ridicules to charge someone on the number of dead because he lead one of the armies, if that was the case then put every general on trial there guilty of the same thing.

I had not been informed on you achieving diplomat status Secretary Adolf, have we really gone so shorthanded we have to send our 3rd in command as a messenger? I guess you don't do much anyways. But it is a loss cause you are debating, he wasn't leading their forces. He was leading imperial forces, of course he would be charged with such charges! It is an impossible task you are trying to achieve at the moment I doubt The President's ears will be swayed by your words.

Where on earth did you get the idea that I was charging him on the number of dead? A ludicrous idea. He will be charged with high treason and sedition, as well as organizing a private militia. Unless of course that militia does not answer to him, in which case who does it answer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.