• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I shall join my fellows in this Congress and congratulate Victor Kraus for his victory in the Presidential Elections, and personally thank him for my appointment to the Ministry of Finance. With my mandate, I shall continue the safe and steady policies of my predecessors - investment in burgeoning industry, the protection of our economy from cheap foreign imports, and a generally sensible and conservative approach to the whole of the economy and any immediate issues that may arise. Similarly, as the President of Transylvania, I shall endeavour to serve the people of Transylvania by protecting the minorities of our state, keeping the economy strong, and maintaining the traditional order of our land. With God's aid, I shall achieve all of this.

- József Nyujtódi, President of Transylvania and Federal Minister of Finance

Popa stands up a claps sincerely

Good to know that someone is doing something in these chambers

Popa stands up an addresses the Federal Chambers

My fellow time wasters, I am going on a slight break. I shall be going home to once again sit under my favourite tree. The pettiness of this chamber is not good for my health.

I will return in time.

Popa leaves the building followed by his retainers

((I've just realised that Popa reminds of an alcoholic Malcom Tucker ;)))

As the applause for Valenta's speech dies down, de Palma walks on stage

Thank you, Signore Valenta for that rousing speech; I can only hope that my address will be received as warmly.

I read a paper of a certain political bent shortly after the election, which wrote “Liberalism defeated; a new era of Conservatism to begin.” If the liberal movement has been defeated, it is only because of deception and intrigue. I am of the opinion that the left is more organised and powerful than ever; in this election, we showed solidarity, we should cohesion, and we did not surrender our principles for political gain.

I cannot deny Kraus won a good victory; he ran a good fight, and his many supporters from Nicolo Donato to Rodrigo Iscariot bear witness to his ability to influence a great many people to his cause.

However, I will not dawdle on the past any more than necessary; this society is based on progress, the future! The future, ladies and gentlemen, is where liberalism will triumph; the right can silent us, can defeat us in elections, and repress the notions liberty and equality today, but the tide of modernity will favour us. The fall of the old empire is evidence of this: no longer is this Federation ruled by a divinely authorised autocrat, though if you read Signore Vaszary’s speeches, you may get the opposite impression; no longer is the will of the people ignored; no longer do we in a nation of repression, of Austro-Hungarian centrism. The last vestiges of that out-dated system have been voted away, if only narrowly, and now all states, and all people, are on a fair footing.

In this federation of equals, we will continue to fight to preserve and expand that equality. The Bosnian and Albanian questions will soon have to be answered; to quote my friend Signore Valenta, “should not cease to strive for what is attainable,” a notion that I agree with wholeheartedly. Whilst this society may be divided in terms of economic views by the radicals and the traditional liberals like myself, we all are united by the aspiration, the noble dream, of progress. These next four years, we will be on the opposing side of governmental policy; in 1860, however, we will prove to the right that liberty and progress cannot be snuffed out.

Let us leave this meeting today with a fire in our hearts, and continue our fight for freedom and reform with a ferocious resolve. The future is ours!

De Palma leaves the stage to thunderous applause.

(( Hey guys! We have created an IRC channel so players can talk easier, rather than using PM's on Paradox. If you are interested in joining, please follow these steps:

1) Go to http://www.coldfront.net
2) Pick a client, depending on whether you prefer (or have) Flash or Java.
3) Type in a nickname, preferably similar to you nickname on Paradox, and click connect.
4) Once you have connected, type "/join #FoE_Main". Be sure to include the hashtag and exclude the quotation marks.

You should then be connected to our channel. I hope to see you all there. Ahawk, if you'd like to put the instructions in the OP that'd be great.))

(Meanwhile, in a small Carniolan satirical paper...)

The Ljubljana Reporter

Despite the wildly varying popularity of the many politicians of the Federation, one feature that has always been true is the level of applause that greets any speaker, regardless of language, audience or intent. 'Thunderous'? 'Rapturous'? 'Zealous'? Even the tame 'loud'? Yes! All these and more have been true of every single speech ever made since the founding of our fair Federation! It is a peculiarity known only to our nation, and no other!, that every speech is not only well-recieved, but leads to an unmitigatedorgy of celebration and frivolity. No doubt the readers of this short article will themselves spontaneously erupt into festivites.

((I have no idea how this IRC channel works...do I type ""/join #FoE_Main" in the main #coldfront chat?))

((Not much actually happens when I do.))

EDIT: ((Nevermind))

The Ljubljana Reporter

Despite the wildly varying popularity of the many politicians of the Federation, one feature that has always been true is the level of applause that greets any speaker, regardless of language, audience or intent. 'Thunderous'? 'Rapturous'? 'Zealous'? Even the tame 'loud'? Yes! All these and more have been true of every single speech ever made since the founding of our fair Federation! It is a peculiarity known only to our nation, and no other!, that every speech is not only well-recieved, but leads to an unmitigatedorgy of celebration and frivolity. No doubt the readers of this short article will themselves spontaneously erupt into festivites.

((This journalist obviously didn't hear about Wolfram's Chamber address ;)))

Thank you gentlemen. I will now go on to explain the format that the meetings shall take. First two special speakers will be invited by the National Chairman, this has already occurred, after this the Chairman shall make a speech of his own, as I shall do shortly. Following this the members of the society shall vote on who should be National Chairman for the next two years ((Could you vote in thread and send a PM to the current Chairman alert them to your vote? PM only votes are against the rules and shall be ignored)), upon election he shall then choose a deputy and treasurer. After this the Chairman shall present a group of three issues which he feels are of significance to the Federation, these shall then be debated after which any which may require a vote, such as a change to the structure of the Society, shall be voted on by the members.

The Ljubljana Reporter

((Its actually easy to do that, implant people in the crowd that start cheering and if enough are there mob mentality takes over.))

As the applause for Valenta's speech dies down, de Palma walks on stage

Thank you, Signore Valenta for that rousing speech; I can only hope that my address will be received as warmly.

I read a paper of a certain political bent shortly after the election, which wrote “Liberalism defeated; a new era of Conservatism to begin.” If the liberal movement has been defeated, it is only because of deception and intrigue. I am of the opinion that the left is more organised and powerful than ever; in this election, we showed solidarity, we should cohesion, and we did not surrender our principles for political gain.

I cannot deny Kraus won a good victory; he ran a good fight, and his many supporters from Nicolo Donato to Rodrigo Iscariot bear witness to his ability to influence a great many people to his cause.

However, I will not dawdle on the past any more than necessary; this society is based on progress, the future! The future, ladies and gentlemen, is where liberalism will triumph; the right can silent us, can defeat us in elections, and repress the notions liberty and equality today, but the tide of modernity will favour us. The fall of the old empire is evidence of this: no longer is this Federation ruled by a divinely authorised autocrat, though if you read Signore Vaszary’s speeches, you may get the opposite impression; no longer is the will of the people ignored; no longer do we in a nation of repression, of Austro-Hungarian centrism. The last vestiges of that out-dated system have been voted away, if only narrowly, and now all states, and all people, are on a fair footing.

In this federation of equals, we will continue to fight to preserve and expand that equality. The Bosnian and Albanian questions will soon have to be answered; to quote my friend Signore Valenta, “should not cease to strive for what is attainable,” a notion that I agree with wholeheartedly. Whilst this society may be divided in terms of economic views by the radicals and the traditional liberals like myself, we all are united by the aspiration, the noble dream, of progress. These next four years, we will be on the opposing side of governmental policy; in 1860, however, we will prove to the right that liberty and progress cannot be snuffed out.

Let us leave this meeting today with a fire in our hearts, and continue our fight for freedom and reform with a ferocious resolve. The future is ours!

De Palma leaves the stage to thunderous applause.
Hear hear! I believe that Conservatism in the Federation is not here to say, these are simply the dying gasps of an ideology of the past, armchair generals and out-of-touch Aristocrats who are clinging onto a dying era of the past, an era that will come to an end! ((I see what you did there~))

(( Hey guys! We have created an IRC channel so players can talk easier, rather than using PM's on Paradox. If you are interested in joining, please follow these steps:

1) Go to http://www.coldfront.net
2) Pick a client, depending on whether you prefer (or have) Flash or Java.
3) Type in a nickname, preferably similar to you nickname on Paradox, and click connect.
4) Once you have connected, type "/join #FoE_Main". Be sure to include the hashtag and exclude the quotation marks.

You should then be connected to our channel. I hope to see you all there. Ahawk, if you'd like to put the instructions in the OP that'd be great.))
((I don't use them much anyways, but it's a good idea.))

Thank you gentlemen. I will now go on to explain the format that the meetings shall take. First two special speakers will be invited by the National Chairman, this has already occurred, after this the Chairman shall make a speech of his own, as I shall do shortly. Following this the members of the society shall vote on who should be National Chairman for the next two years ((Could you vote in thread and send a PM to the current Chairman alert them to your vote? PM only votes are against the rules and shall be ignored)), upon election he shall then choose a deputy and treasurer. After this the Chairman shall present a group of three issues which he feels are of significance to the Federation, these shall then be debated after which any which may require a vote, such as a change to the structure of the Society, shall be voted on by the members.

((Are Masaryk, Soukup-Valenta, de Palma and Liberalen the only members thus far?))

I would like now for everyone who wishes to join to begin filling out their forms. Sign under sections 1.1a, 1.4d, 2.3b and 7.8f.

((anyone willing to help me keep track of who joins?))

Last edited:
Military Appointments, 1856​

Republican National Guard: Klemens Eckhel

Skala Italian Army: Colombo Tagliabue

1st Southern Army: Drago Lončar

2nd Southern Army: Rajmund Kowalski

Army of the Centre: István Balogh

Army of the North: Andrei Petrescu

Naval Guard: Aldo Orsatti

Army of Germany: Hans Fett

Army of the Eagle: Antun Lukanov

The Red Star Fleet will remain under the command of Admiral Nicolò Donato ((Maxwell500))

Given the disorganization of the military caused by the prior coup, and the current war, restructuring of leadership was needed. I congratulate those promoted for their service, both past and present.

All forces are to maintain previous orders until further notice.

- Minster of War Jovan Lilic, KMJ, Ordenmarschall of the Teutonic Order

Last edited:
((anyone willing to help me keep track of who joins?))

((I'll help - I'm assuming those listed above are the only members so far?))

I am honoured to have been appointed to serve this great Federation as head of the Home Office and its associated departments. I must congratulate both President-Elect Kraus on his profound victory and all members of the Federal Party who have been elected to serve either at a national or provincial level. Indeed, it is worth congratulating all who took part in these elections, whether winners or losers, that they have been such a success and not marred by violence or controversy; in doing so we are truly living up to the ideals of the revolution.

Before I must depart to go about my personal business, I would just like to outline my policies as Minister of the Interior over the coming months. There are many things I wish to do; firstly, consolidate the powers of the Interior Minister to clarify Federal government business; for example, I am shortly to approach the Minister of Security and the President with plans for a transfer of power over the Federal and Metropolitan Police to the jurisdiction of the Home Office. I will also not be taking the laid-back approach of my predecessors, not taking any nonsense from the states. I also plan to push through policies within the manifesto of the Alliance, but I hope to place some additional legislation before Congress.

This may not have been the most eloquent of speeches, but it serves it's purpose. I must go now, but if you have any questions, I will be happy to take them on my return.

Status
Not open for further replies.