• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
((Fine, I wont get into a one uping match with jako over whos charcter is better.))
((Check the Salzburgs, they're nuts.))

Somewhere in the Medditerranean Sea, January 1856

The smell. Oh dear lord, the smell. That goddamned smell! Mihovil couldn't take it. For three weeks he had been hauling these fruits, and every day he prayed it would the last. But no! there was more! Did these things never stop growing ? Crete is hot, but surely there had to be a winter at some point. How could there be so many of these goddamned bananas ?!
And of course, he couldn't just refuse the cargo, no. The boss owned the ship, the company and the crew. He also happened to own the bananas. He might as well own Mihovil. Aah, why ? At least it was better paid than being just a fisherman, but sometimes he felt that it just wasn't worth it. Well, it could be worse. He could be one of the guys loading and unloading the ship. Then he'd have his nose right into the thick of things, and his back broken to pieces. On second thought, being captain was pretty good. Especially going to Crete. Crete was a nice place. The cretans though.. a weird bunch. Arrogant greeks and cranky turks. At least he didn't have to deal with them too much. Artemios was in charge of that. A good guy, that Artemios. Was he married ? Can the greeks resist greek women ? Hah! Mihovil'd have to ask later, poor guy was on night duty. For now, he had bananas to haul. Smelly bananas. To Split!

Last edited:
Andrei Popa limps into the Federal Chambers on crutches. When he sits down at his seat with a notable wince

I have recently heard news from Silesia that the parliament has been shut down and the King has been shot. I call the emergency council to do it's job and establish peace in this state. All this nonsense is becoming both tiresome and bothersome.

((I would love to do something but currently all our soldiers are tied up till Hungary is pacified))

((
Well, at the age of 29-30 my character has already made himself head of state. I believe I win:) ))

((Hmmm I get second place then. Just barely since young character is under 30. IMO))

*in Croatian* You shut it too, Obradovic. If you want me to elaborate, send me a telegram.

Janos slams the door.
((I thought you were gone!)) I concur with the honourable Liberal's suggestion, we need to get this done.

Andrei Popa limps into the Federal Chambers on crutches. When he sits down at his seat with a notable wince

I have recently heard news from Silesia that the parliament has been shut down and the King has been shot. I call the emergency council to do it's job and establish peace in this state. All this nonsense is becoming both tiresome and bothersome.

where have you heard this?! Why were you in Silesia anyways councillor?

where have you heard this?! Why were you in Silesia anyways councillor?

It is called a telegram, I rather hope that you get with the times.

It is called a telegram, I rather hope that you get with the times.

So where you just operating the message box non-stop? Why have I not heard of this being the chancellor of Silesia? I request extra soldiers/militia/police to help me investigate this matter and to bring whoever responsible to justice mumbles under his breath probably a die-hard radical pole no doubt.
This is a state issue and is needed to be solved by the state!

I am in support of the Continuity of Power Act. In case of such a tragic scenario, we must be stable and efficient.

- General Jovan Lilic

So where you just operating the message box non-stop? Why have I not heard of this being the chancellor of Silesia? I request extra soldiers/militia/police to help me investigate this matter and to bring whoever responsible to justice mumbles under his breath probably a die-hard radical pole no doubt.
This is a state issue and is needed to be solved by the state!

Excuse me honourable Councillor, but you seem to be utterly incapable, along with the rest of the Silesian Government, of controling your populace or restraining yourself. As such I ask that the Emergency Council take direct control of the situation until such time that a native Silesian Government can form which can deal with the rigours of natural function.

I also Support the Continuity of Power Act

I'd rather we offer our help to the Silesians and keep a very close eye on the situation, rather than this kind of federal intervention. The situation does not justify it, yet.

Excuse me honourable Councillor, but you seem to be utterly incapable, along with the rest of the Silesian Government, of controling your populace or restraining yourself. As such I ask that the Emergency Council take direct control of the situation until such time that a native Silesian Government can form which can deal with the rigours of natural function.

I am sorry if I was defending my friend and colleague in a trial as one of his only defenders. You distracted me with everyone's constant place of blame of Tirpitz. But again this is a state issue, and should not be handled by outside forces. My state police are more than formidable to handle this themselves!

((Otto, just to clarify, your King and your former character has been shot, your parliament dissolved, and Jako granted all powers, right?))

((No, cabinet has been granted powers, so theres 6 people running silesia and theres beena temporary ban on legislation, one of the cabinet has been killed and the king is currently in hospital.))

1854-1855 – Masaryk: A New Direction

Masaryk’s new government began with a constitutional crisis in the recently incorporated state of Silesia. A referendum on the state’s constitution was bugled by the state administration, leading to the two further referendums and a protracted trial that left both sides embarrassed, as the ingrained lack of true oversight in the state came into sharp focus with the conviction of the Chancellor of Silesia on charges of Electoral Fraud and Criminal Negligence, Otto von Tipitz, and the later trial of Inspector-General Kragenhof of the Federal and Metropolitan Police for falsifying evidence. In many respects, Tipitz was lucky, being sent to a penal battalion that was to assist maintaining order in the newly created and somewhat unstable territory of Slovakia; Kragenhof, for what would nowadays be seen as a slightly less serious crime, was sentenced to death by hanging. Rumblings in Silesia continued for some time, but gradually petered out as the status quo became the acceptable norm.

c31c389874eedca3a7eeb8ee3394353c.jpg

1. The only surviving photograph of Inspector-General Kragenhof​

Considering that the Masaryk gained his mandate from the military, it is unsurprising that he had more success in war than in domestic matters. Though there were initially Hungarian incursions into Slovakia, which was claimed by the rebel leaders, a defeat for the Army of the Eagle in Budapest and some fairly large scale defections among Hungarian troops on the Southern front against the Ottomans, particularly in the 1st Southern Army where a majority of the troops swore loyalty to the Democratic Hungarian Republic, victories at Roznava and Nitra, not to mention Sisak and Kotor, left a weak rebellion looking pretty desperate.

As the months passed, Federal troops pushed deeper into Hungary, not experiencing the sudden collapse that had characterised the Russian retreat only four years before, but every day moving a mile or two eastwards towards Budapest. The panic in Budapest reached such heights that the rebels were even reaching out to the Ottoman Turks for assistance, but the only state to reply was Prussia. Imagining the gains that could be made into Germany if there was no major power on her Southern border, the König convinced the Landtag to issue an ultimatum to Vienna. It simply read, “The Konig of Prussia demands the Danubian Federation accept the sovereignty of the Democratic State of Hungary and cease hostilities. Failure to comply will result in the termination of the Prusso-Danubian Defence Agreement.”

The Federation’s official response came within a week; it was a resounding no. For Prussia, the results were devastating; she lost an ally but gained very little. Indeed, within just two weeks of the ultimatum, the Hungarian rebels had assassinated their leader and surrendered the city of Budapest to the Federal troops. Martial law was instituted in the state (this time without any political problems) to last until elections the following year, and the state was officially accepted back into the Federation. For the Federation, it was more of a mixed picture; yes, she had lost a valuable ally against the Russians, who were arguably the biggest threat at that time, but thankfully Codrinaru’s ghost continued to cast its altruistic gaze over the nation: a secret treaty with France, signed just 2 months before the former President’s death, came into effect. It stated that if ever the PDDA expired, the so-called ‘Alliance of Turin’ would become effective, which guaranteed mutual support if either was attacked (which was not only a marked improvement over the limited scope of the PDDA, but was with a stronger power).

v2215.png

2. A map of Hungary and the surrounding area on the rebel surrender, 1st May 1855​

Meanwhile, in the south, the war against the Ottomans was plodding on, with neither side able to land a decisive blow. The Turks had scored a number of victories over Egyptian forces, most notable at Aleppo where an Egyptian army of approaching nearly 18,000 men was completely routed as the city fell. Elsewhere, news was more positive; a small detachment of Federal troops, successfully, joined the Greek army in taking parts of southern Macedonia, while Federal troops effectively pacified Bosnia. The relative weakness of the Empire in Europe was thanks to a highly effective naval blockade of the straights by an expanded Red Star Fleet; Istanbul herself was put under siege for a period of about a month, before Federal troops were forced back onto the ships. The only area where an effective defence was being made was in the Empire’s two vassal states, who managed to make the only territorial gains against the Federation.

v2219.png

3. A map of Europe as of the readmission of Hungary into the Federation, 12th May 1855 [1]​

[1] The Turkish defeat in Libya was at the hands of the Swedes, who had allied with the Federation at the same time as the Prussians, but whose ties had, unlike those of Prussia, been deepened beyond a simple defence pact.

---

Actions needed:

Please vote on whether Slovakia should be admitted as a full state.

Also vote on The Emergency Acts (which can be voted on separately), Federal Primacy Act, Democracy Act, Standardized Federal Curriculum, Currency Act, Silesian Integrity Bill, The Original Industrial Labour Act, The Amended Industrial Labour Act, Telegraph Act, Amended Telegraph Act, The Continuity of Powers Act, the Monarchism Amendment, the Codrinaru Amendment

Silesians vote on Monarchical Subversion Act

Bohemians vote on Worker's Rights Act, Religious Freedoms Act

Carnolians vote on Defence of the State and Industrial Development Acts

Last edited:

This is absurd! Dissolving the entire Silesian government just for a botched assassination? Thank god this government wasn't in power when the Dogaressa was taken into the arms of God! Such a proposition is a typical overwrought reaction from the Federal government and precisely why the Old Conservative League was founded. The honourable Silesian councillor has enough troubles as it is; let us not add to the poor man's suffering!

((No, cabinet has been granted powers, so theres 6 people running silesia and theres beena temporary ban on legislation, one of the cabinet has been killed and the king is currently in hospital.))

((but I am chancellor and only councillor and the cabinet is just a bunch of yes-men so ya I control silesia, but I can't do anything with it!))

Status
Not open for further replies.