• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to join the the A-DCP since I feel they best repersent my views.

- Otto von Tirpitz, Councillor of Schlesien.

Welcome Councillor! Our party is happy to have you. :)

Hopefully my state doesnt turn out to be a radical one, that could get annoying if it does.

((i was wondering for election how does popular vote work does ahawk make up the number based on hiw many councillors vote for a given party?))

((In the light of someone actually joining the Danubian Liberal Alliance, I feel I need a character again...))

Name: Imre Than
Date of Birth: 12th March 1812
Place of Birth: Esztergom, Hungary
Culture: Hungarian
Position: Loyal Councillor for Hungary
Bio: Born to a tax collector, Than was well brought up and well educated. He was sent to Vienna to read Economics before returning to his home state where he led the Budapest tax agency. Frequenting the middle class establishments of Budapest, he quickly fell under Nagy's spell and was a quick supporter of the revolution, becoming Nagy's prime advisor. It was he that persuaded Nagy to join with Austria in the Federation and, in return for saving the resolution from a grizzly end, Than was appointed as Chancellor of the Exchequer in Hungary; a capacity in which he served until 1856, when, as the troubles in Budapest worsened, Nagy transferred his seat on the Federal Council to Than. Than, coming from a town so close to the Slovak border and seeing separation as the only way to ensure stability, is now regarded as being instrumental in getting the Plebiscite Act passed and bringing the President on-side. He also didn't support the Hungarian declaration of independence, refusing to accept the state's departure from the Federation and choosing to remain in Vienna until the rebellion could be crushed.

History:
1854-Present - Councillor for Hungary
1854-1856 - Member of the Danubian Liberal Alliance
1856-1860 - Leader of the Federal Party of the Danube
1856-1860 - Minister of the Interior
1857-1860 - Acting-President of Hungary
1860-Present - Leader of the Federal Democratic Party
1863-1864 - Minister of War
1868-Present - Vice-President

Poetry:
On the Possibility of Certain Death

((As for an update, I think I might cover Codrinaru's deposition first, before starting on Hungary and then the war with the Ottomans [probably in 3 separate updates] so it may take some time to get to the next election - sorry!))

((i was wondering for election how does popular vote work does ahawk make up the number based on hiw many councillors vote for a given party?))

((I have a spreadsheet... Votes are, for Presidential elections, winner takes all method within states. For bills, the votes of each state are split in proportion to the vote share in each state. For Chairman, Generals each get one vote and everyone else decides how the NPC generals vote [in proportion again] - I expect if a pro-democracy candidate for Chairman is elected, we will have a presidential election the following year.))

Last edited:
((What does the DLP stand for that the PDP doesn't, except for their different ethnic origins?))

((What does the DLP stand for that the PDP doesn't, except for their different ethnic origins?))

((You might have just answered your own question. This is the 1800s after all :p ))

((We stay true to our principles, and are just better [eg, Nagy was from the DLA and was awesome, Nickolic and Codrinaru, who are from the SRLP [/PDP], aren't...]

Also, I say that we all keep calling them Slavlibs in spite of their name change... :) ))

((We stay true to our principles, and are just better [eg, Nagy was from the DLA and was awesome, Nickolic and Codrinaru were from the SRLP [/PDP] are aren't...]

Also, I say that we all keep calling them Slavlibs in spite of their name change... :) ))
((Both Nagy and Codrinaru are debatable in there :p No I don't want to be struck down by lighting please!

Though it is good to see that we will actually have Hungarians after whatever happens to Bethlen.))

PS: ((I still call them slavlibs. Panubes just doesn't roll off the tongue the same way.))

((Codrinaru was awesome, it was by chance that he was overthrown :p ))

Edit: ((day character and political party list(s), they are going to be interesting once updated))

((Codrinaru was awesome, it was by chance that he was overthrown :p ))

Edit: ((day character and political party list(s), they are going to be interesting once updated))
((One day, Papp will shed light on this mess. Not today though. Might be from the grave. Also I'm gathering info on the updated character and party list for the GM, get that off his hands.))

((One day, Papp will shed light on this mess. Not today though. Might be from the grave. Also I'm gathering info on the updated character and party list for the GM, get that off his hands.))

((I wanna know also You are this AAR's junior GM XD))

((Thank you; I've done a bit of catching up from what happened since yesterday night, but there is a big gap between pages 223 and around 260... I'll start writing Codrinaru end shall I?))

((I wanna know also You are this AAR's junior GM XD))

((Seconded!))

((Thank you; I've done a bit of catching up from what happened since yesterday night, but there is a big gap between pages 223 and around 260... I'll start writing Codrinaru end shall I?))
((I won't stop you :) I started from page 215, loads of crap to go through and there have been some party changes and new characters.. it's a mess. Should I post it in thread as well as through PM ?))

((Official vote count [yes, I know it was a long time ago!]:

The Congressional Decorum Act fails; 121-9 against, 18-1 against
The Liberated Territories Act passes; 116-9 for, 19-1 for
The Supreme Court Amendment passes; 112-6 for, 17-2 for
The Reconstruction of Vienna Act passes; 83-13 for, 12-4 for
The Internal Trade Act passes; 98-20 for, 16-3 for
The State Empowerment Act fails; 81-34 against, 12-6 against
The Freedom of Movement Act passes; 96-39 for, 14-7 for
The Federal Education Act passes; 94-28 for, 14-5 for

In Austria;
The German Relocation Fund passes; 4-1 for
The Austrian State Industry Act passes; 5-0 for
The State Defence Act passes; 5-0 for

In Croatia:
The Croatian State Industry Act passes; 3-0 for

In Hungary:
The Educational Reform Act passes; 2-0 for))

((I won't stop you :) I started from page 215, loads of crap to go through and there have been some party changes and new characters.. it's a mess. Should I post it in thread as well as through PM ?))

((Yeah, posting it is fine))

(Ahawk when you can clear your inbox por favor)

((Done))

((Anyone mind if I post up my pointless little "Carniola" page?))

Status
Not open for further replies.