• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
((Mostly prevent the government from ordering the army to suppress civilians, a peace full resolution to Slovakia and the negotiation of the return of Hungary, I see states rights as an acceptable compromise.))
((ok, ill pm you the rest of what I need to know to support you.))

(Yikes man, what about the Hungarians that are on the front lines against the ottomans? Will they desert their post? Turn their guns on other federal forces? What if the Ottoman's get wind of this? Or the Russians? DUN DUN DUN! XD)

((MrMan, I believe the Slovakian Question has already been resolved, what with Slovakia separating from Hungary and petitioning to become a state in the Federation.))

((MrMan, I believe the Slovakian Question has already been resolved, what with Slovakia separating from Hungary and petitioning to become a state in the Federation.))

((the hungarians could for all we know put the slovs in concetration camps like nazi germany and use that land as a purely military territory!))

The Federal Territory of Candia,
The Danubian Federation

The bright azure waters of the Aegean looked as crisp as they had when their famed namesake fell into them; as the sun danced merrily in shifting patterns on the waves. The small fleet of commerce raiders, about four in total, chugged merrily through blue water without an Ottoman ship in sight; and soon the city of Candia itself was visible on the horizon.

Pasquale Tiepolo, son of the great patrician banker Alessandro Tiepolo, was out to claim his families birthright. His many-great grandfather was Giacomo Tiepolo, the first Duke of Candia and the Tiepolo family had an especial connection to the isle ever since. His father Alessandro had recently signed a petition to the President for Venezia to be granted stewardship of the island on behalf of the Federation; but that itself became lost in the chaos surrounding Slovakia and Hungary. The young Pasquale was even more fascinated with the island of Candia and it's history than his father and spoke fluent Greek. Often he was found drafting plans to petition for the annexation of Candia to Venice; but always ended merely as a boyish dream between he and a few childhood friends.

But this, this time it was different. While Venezia was still reeling from the news of the Hungarian secession Pasquale set out to seize his moment. Armed with conviction, determination, and outrageous wealth, he and a few of his closest cohorts pooled their resources and bought a small fleet of steam-powered commerce raiders which had been decommissioned from age; before they hired a few old veterans yearning for another shot at glory, purchased some old muzzle-loaders, and slipped from the Venetian docks the next morning; various and sundry excuses for their disappearances sitting on the desks of their respective fathers.

Now the jewel was in sight.

The ships -still, to all appearances, a peaceful Venetian trading convoy- docked with no trouble in Candia and the four commanders all disembarked first; an incongruous lot each carrying a fluttering Venetian flag with daggers tucked into their teal sashes. Soon afterwards, a party of about two dozen old dogs with their uniforms (some dating back to Imperial times) on and their guns at the ready. Commanders at the head and their army behind them, the party marched through the streets of Candia and shouted -in Venetian and Greek- that Venetian control was being restored to the island to protect it from rebels within the Federation and Ottoman attempts to re-take the island. While most inhabitants did not quite understand that the references to rebels meant they certainly understood what protection from the Turks meant, and loudly cheered the men.

Eventually the procession halted at the Ottoman 'Vezir Mosque' which had been commandeered by the vague Danubian authorities that existed on the island -namely, the deputy Tax Advisory and Revenue Commissions Cadet-Officer; a certain Bojan Tomaž- and was now the makeshift HQ for the Federal Government on the island. Pasquale, flanked by two guards, entered and politely requested that Bojan sign a sheet of paper declaring on behalf of the Federal Government that the island had been ceded to Venice. Bojan did so, and hurriedly fled from the premises.

His aims completed and the commanders and guards dismissed to go and seize Canea, Pasquale sat down to write.

candia.jpg

Communiqué del governo provvisorio di Candia

This evening, [date] 1854, I and a small regiment of Venezia men entered the city of Candia, also known as Heraklion, and seized control of the government; control of the island of Candia being formally ceded to the Most Serene State of Venezia on behalf of the President by a Signore Tomaž, who appeared to be the only Federal official on the island. As such, I personally claim the island on Candia on behalf of the Venetian government; and declare the provisional Duchy of Candia as it was in ancient times.

I wish to make clear that my actions are not rebellion, nor treason, nor secession, but are intended to safeguard the Candian people against Ottoman aggression and against the turbulence within the Federation. I do not claim to be independent of the Federation and indeed bear the greatest loyalty towards it; merely claiming Candia on behalf of a state within the Federation.

Long live Venezia! Long live Candia! Long live Danubia!

8CA7B2DD3AB0091E270475BCEECC5BD7.png

Acting-Duke of Candia

((the hungarians could for all we know put the slovs in concetration camps like nazi germany and use that land as a purely military territory!))

((Don't be crazy. I'm confident that Slovakia will become a state within the Federation.))

A letter von Tirpitz sends from his estates

Councillors, ministers, generals, we must end this coup, and end this god forsaken secession now or this country shall burn like theres no tomorrow. As it is I dont feel safe in this country and if I dont, how do the average citizens feel? Anyhow we must resolve this quickly and with as little blood shed as possible, if not we will lose this war against the turks and our country shall be no more then a memory, of what couldve been.

Do to these uncertain times, anyone who shows up on my estate and tries to force there way in, or onto my property shall be at risk of being shot. Since my family posseses very wealthy estates in austria I dont want to risk anything being stolen or damaged during this civil war, war and coup.

- Otto von Tirpitz

The Federal Territory of Candia,
The Danubian Federation

The bright azure waters of the Aegean looked as crisp as they had when their famed namesake fell into them; as the sun danced merrily in shifting patterns on the waves. The small fleet of commerce raiders, about four in total, chugged merrily through blue water without an Ottoman ship in sight; and soon the city of Candia itself was visible on the horizon.

Pasquale Tiepolo, son of the great patrician banker Alessandro Tiepolo, was out to claim his families birthright. His many-great grandfather was Giacomo Tiepolo, the first Duke of Candia and the Tiepolo family had an especial connection to the isle ever since. His father Alessandro had recently signed a petition to the President for Venezia to be granted stewardship of the island on behalf of the Federation; but that itself became lost in the chaos surrounding Slovakia and Hungary. The young Pasquale was even more fascinated with the island of Candia and it's history than his father and spoke fluent Greek. Often he was found drafting plans to petition for the annexation of Candia to Venice; but always ended merely as a boyish dream between he and a few childhood friends.

But this, this time it was different. While Venezia was still reeling from the news of the Hungarian secession Pasquale set out to seize his moment. Armed with conviction, determination, and outrageous wealth, he and a few of his closest cohorts pooled their resources and bought a small fleet of steam-powered commerce raiders which had been decommissioned from age; before they hired a few old veterans yearning for another shot at glory, purchased some old muzzle-loaders, and slipped from the Venetian docks the next morning; various and sundry excuses for their disappearances sitting on the desks of their respective fathers.

Now the jewel was in sight.

The ships -still, to all appearances, a peaceful Venetian trading convoy- docked with no trouble in Candia and the four commanders all disembarked first; an incongruous lot each carrying a fluttering Venetian flag with daggers tucked into their teal sashes. Soon afterwards, a party of about two dozen old dogs with their uniforms (some dating back to Imperial times) on and their guns at the ready. Commanders at the head and their army behind them, the party marched through the streets of Candia and shouted -in Venetian and Greek- that Venetian control was being restored to the island to protect it from rebels within the Federation and Ottoman attempts to re-take the island. While most inhabitants did not quite understand that the references to rebels meant they certainly understood what protection from the Turks meant, and loudly cheered the men.

Eventually the procession halted at the Ottoman 'Vezir Mosque' which had been commandeered by the vague Danubian authorities that existed on the island -namely, the deputy Tax Advisory and Revenue Commissions Cadet-Officer; a certain Bojan Tomaž- and was now the makeshift HQ for the Federal Government on the island. Pasquale, flanked by two guards, entered and politely requested that Bojan sign a sheet of paper declaring on behalf of the Federal Government that the island had been ceded to Venice. Bojan did so, and hurriedly fled from the premises.

His aims completed and the commanders and guards dismissed to go and seize Canea, Pasquale sat down to write.

I hereby condemn this illegal and dangerous action, an action engineered and encouraged by Venice for it own expansionary and jingoistic aims! Crete has not had a plebiscite to determine its fate, and as such this action is in direct violation of the democratic rights of this Federation! ((Also, your quote didn't work))

I urge the President and the cabinet to resign and declare their support for the coup, in doing so they will bring a speedy end to the political upheavle and allow us to successfully fight the ottomans.

Dear god, Councillors what is this madness? Who amongst us is even thinking of siding with this treasonous rebellion? Masaryk is not launched this out of some high-flown ideals, but out of revenge, revenge and bitterness that I sacked the traitorous scum for threat of insubordination. And what is this lunacy, that I ordered a massacre of the Slovaks? Nay! I responded to a request for Federal intervention to suppress riots, which was then countermanded by the President! There was no threat to the people of Bratislavia!

Choose what you would rather have: an insane military junta, or a functioning democracy.

I would also like to mention my complete, unconditional support for the recent Slovak declaration of separation, and hereby order the Armies of Germany and the Eagle to Bratislavia and Slovakia to protect the Slovak people; and order that they try as far as possible to avoid confrontation with Hungarian secessionists.

I support the coup, it has transcended to me that there is no other way. We need a strong leadership and I urge my fellow austrians to side with me.

((ab ovo your boat is sinking! You better jump off it while you still can!))

I support the coup, it has transcended to me that there is no other way. We need a strong leadership and I urge my fellow austrians to side with me.

((ab ovo your boat is sinking! You better jump off it while you still can!))
Mocenigo immediately stands, strides across the room, and throws Frederick to the ground; pinning him.

You are under arrest on charges of high treason.

((Salzburg having never left the Chambers...))

Deputy von Salzburg, you should reconsider this decision. When this coup fails, which it certainly will, you will be tried and executed for treason. Do you want that? The whole reason behind this coup is absurd anyway. General Masaryk is simply bending the truth to get revenge on Minister Mocenigo and to destabilize the Federation. We cannot allow this traitorous fool to succeed in overthrowing the democratically elected government.

~ Rodrigo Vertucci, Councillor for Lombardia

I also, declare Venetian actions illegal. Though, they say they want to protect the island from the Ottomans, they want to have a hold on Crete to expand their fictional 'empire'. The Cretan people haven't even decided if they wanted to join Venezia or not.

I have decided to be against the coup and not join the coup because of the war with the Ottomans, and I believe President Codrinaru is the right man for the job to bring our Federation together. Though, I am against certain members in the cabinet, I will not overthrow the government because of it.

~ Vlado Nikolić, Minister of Education

((I just want to enjoy my Superbowl party, come on guys))

A disheveled Ion walks into the Federal Chambers, noticeably aged

I am now declaring a state of national emergency. The following will be immediately enacted.

1. The state of Slovakia is immediately recognized as seperate entity from the State of Hungary.
2. General Masaryk is hereby declared a traitor to the state and a counter-revolutionary. He will be subjected to no trial and be executed upon capture
3. Count Bethlen is hereby declared a traitor to the state and a counter-revolutionary. He will not be tried and will executed upon capture
4. The Hungarian Parliament is dissoluted and placed under federal control. Any community that declares for the Federation will not be threatened
5. I declare the Federation mobalized against these threats. All state militias are now hereby mobalized

As Acting President of Carniola, I utterly condemn the illegal actions of several private individuals in Crete. The will of the people their has been completely ignored, I demand these criminals be brought to trial. The Federal government acts as if it is a sham; I only ask it to prove otherwise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.