• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
((Oh great, it's happening again...))

(( Oh, I guess I didn't, I'm just remembering the post the GM made about how he'd accidentally put the Naval Guard with the Naval Group and wasn't sure if the unit got shifted ))

((The Provisional Assembly hasn't happened yet.))

((No, but they were people who would have been part of it [which only makes their execution worse, I suppose]))

((Oh great, it's happening again...))

((Yeah, sorry about that - I really need to stop...))

(( Oh, I guess I didn't, I'm just remembering the post the GM made about how he'd accidentally put the Naval Guard with the Naval Group and wasn't sure if the unit got shifted ))

((It got moved to where it was supposed to be))

((The Provisional Assembly hasn't happened yet.))

((I assume these are people who declared their intention to take part.))

In light of demands and violent threats being made by individuals claiming to represent the Hungarian League, I hereby place the Austrian militia on high alert. Militiamen are directed to assemble and prepare for any and all violence, either internally or from the State of Hungary, but not to initiate any sort of action without further authorization or in the case of a direct threat upon their persons.

Furthermore, the Austrian State Police are directed to find and apprehend any and all individuals claiming membership in the Slovakian Provisional Assembly currently within the borders of Austria, including Councillor Aurel Sykora. Once apprehended, each Slovakian Provisional Assemblyman is to be transported to the State Police regional headquarters in Linz, there to be held in protective custody until further notice. Each Assemblyman is to be treated with the utmost care and courtesy provided that they agree to come peacefully.

The sham trials and immediate executions of those four Slovaks is yet another sign that the State of Hungary is not interested in upholding the rights of its citizens but rather in persecuting its Slovak minority to deny them the independence they clearly desire. It is clear to any intelligent observer that Slovakia can no longer exist within the boundaries of the State of Hungary and that the State of Hungary cannot be trusted to oversee the process of its emancipation. Federal intervention is the only method by which this problem might be solved and I call upon President Codrinaru to order the Army of Germany not to suppress the Bratislavan revolt with military force, but rather to protect the people of Bratislava from further persecution and potential reprisals.

I further call for representatives of the Hungarian League to denounce the violence being perpetrated in Budapest against their own State Parliament and for a Federal investigation into their role in the riots.

~ Erich Vogel, Chancellor of Austria

I, and the Austrian Independence Party support the measures taken by the State Chancellor. Therefore he has a full majority of the Austrian State Council supporting his actions.

~Karl von Innsbruck-Brno, Councillor of Austria, Leader of the Austrian Independence Party

Last edited:
President storms into the chambers wearing a nightgown, with various mid-level government workers in follow

WHAT IN IN THE NAME OF SAINT NICHOLAS IS GOING ON! I leave and all is going well, then all of a sudden I hear that the states of Slovakia, Hungary and Austria are at war with each other? This is the most utterly disgraceful act I can ever comprehend, and every single one of you should be ashamed of yourself.

Firstly, I declare Marshal Law in the state of Hungary, no more shall my term be plagued with incessent warfare in this state. Once the situation is over, civilian control will be restored

Secondly I declare both the Slovakian Provisional Assembly and the Hungarian League as illegal entities as pertaining to the Paramilitary Act of 1852, clause III. They will be tried before the Supreme Court to see if they are legal entities. If they are legal, the clause will no longer apply, if they are not legal, all members and leaders will be tried for treason.

Thirdly, once the area known as Slovakia, also known as Northern Hungary is pacified, there will be first a Supreme Court decision on the legality of the creation to new states from old, then another FEDERALLY overseen referendum to be held in Slovakia, to solve this issue once and for all.

Forthly, I overrule the Minister of War, the Army of Germany is meant to pacify the populace, not massacure it. The individuals causing the disruption shall be arrested and tried. We are not at war with the members of our country.

Fifthly, I support the Austrian President. Even though I may not agree with him always, I support his defense of his state. However, the Austrian Militia will not be needed, as federal forces shall control the situation

Lastly, I ask the Supreme Court if I can take over the reponsiblities of the President of Hungary until another is elected in two terms hence. This will insure that this disgrace will never happpen again.

I will continue monitering the situation as the days follow. I repeat, I am disappointed in all of you, this travesty should never have happened. I am embarressed to say it was during my administration.

Last edited:
Due to personal issues regarding health and my family, I, Károly Vörös de Nyitra, do resign the Vice-Presidency and my Councillorship for Hungary. I appoint Victor Kraus as my successor to the leadership of the All-Danubian Conservative Party, and recommend Janos Papp succeed me to the Vice-Presidency.

- Károly Vörös de Nyitra, Vice-President and Councillor for Hungary

((Been rather busy lately, so don't have time for this at the moment. I shall return though, soon enough))

Due to personal issues regarding health and my family, I, Károly Vörös de Nyitra, do resign the Vice-Presidency and my Councillorship for Hungary. I appoint Victor Kraus as my successor to the leadership of the All-Danubian Conservative Party, and recommend Janos Papp succeed me to the Vice-Presidency.

- Károly Vörös de Nyitra, Vice-President and Councillor for Hungary

((Been rather busy lately, so don't have time for this at the moment. I shall return though, soon enough))

I am very sorry to hear that, I wish you a long and lasting retirement away from all the rukus of politics.

I would like to remind our esteemed President that the Slovakian Provisional Assembly at no point advocated or participated in violence. The Bratislavan uprising is at this point unconnected to the SPA, though of course the Supreme Court and Federal investigators are properly the ones to determine that.

I applaud his decisive action as regards Slovakian statehood; should the Supreme Court decision and referendum be in favor of independence, I believe my proposed bill before the Danubian Congress is the best method for implementation.

Finally, it is my sincere hope that, with further decisive leadership from President Codrinaru, further crises such as the one recently experienced in these chambers will be wholly unnecessary.

~ Erich Vogel, Chancellor of Austria

I echo the words of Chancellor Vogel, the President has the full support of the Austrian Independence Party in this current crisis.

~Karl von Innsbruck-Brno, Councillor of Austria, Leader of the Austria Independence Party

Budapest, Headquarters of the Hungarian Police:

"So mr. Balog, who was it, don't you think I wouldn't recognize my own weapons. Who stole them, and who shot Nagy. I demand answers."
"I say nothing, I have already said too much"
"I know about your little Jewess in Rijeka, did you really think we wouldn't know. And guess what, she's not in Croatia anymore, but here in Budapest. Wouldn't it be a sweet reunion".
"Okay, I tell you. It was Puskas. Both of them. Jakab planned it all, and Aliz shot the president."
"Hmm, never really liked them, but they are too stupid to work alone. Who else?"
"Andrassy"
"Thank you, that's all I need".

Later in the office of the Chief of Police:
"So what do you want me to do?"
"Hang Balog and the Puskas couple, we need a trial and an execution. Make sure Andrassy end up in an unfortunate accident. He knows too much. Also find the Hawk. He is someone we could parade to Vienna to face Federal Justice. A criminal and mercenary. Perfect scapegoat".
"The Hawk is probably not even in Hungary even more..."
"Well that's just too bad for you."

((Ahawk could you like clear your inbox? I just tried to send a huge confession but I exited the page thinking it was sent! Now I have rewrite it -_-))

Von Tirpitz crosses himself.

Right now I almost regret moving to this country it seams more plagued with problems then, any other country ive ever been too. Fellow councillors we must straighten out the issues of our country and make a unfiied front against any hostile foreign power. This inter-state rivalry and fight has to stop, as it is this country is in chaos and is very close to a full blown civil war. The only way to stop this is to put our differences aside and stop picking fights with each other. After this is done we will turn into one of the best places to live in this world.

~ Otto von Tirpitz

Last edited:
With the imposition of martial law in the State of Hungary; I hereby order a curfew in the cities of Bratislavia and Budapest no later than Four PM until such time as the rebellions in those cities have died down.

Letter to Vienna:

My investigations have uncovered that Balog and Hawk worked with Jakab and Aliz Puskas, two members of the Hungarian League. We also suspect the highly esteemed baron Andrassy was involved, unfortunately he took his life by drowning himself in the Danube river after the president was killed. Balog and the Puskas couple has been tried for high treason and murdered and been hanged for their crimes. Hawk is still loose, and we ask every State in the Federation to help finding and capturing this dangerous mercenary.

Count Gyula Bethlen

((Ahawk could you like clear your inbox? I just tried to send a huge confession but I exited the page thinking it was sent! Now I have rewrite it -_-))

((It's not full...))

Status
Not open for further replies.