• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Jan Kutzenberg (Hans Thomas Paul von Kutzenberg)
Date of Birth: 2th January 1823
Place of Birth: Pilsen, Bohemia
Culture: Czech
Position: Councillor for Bohemia
Bio: The youngest son in an incolat noble land-owning family that was favorable to the Czech national revival, Jan very soon joined the circles of Czech radical intelligence and was strong supporter of national liberals and austroslavists, advocating equality and self-rule for Slavic nations in federalized Habsburg Monarchy. He clashed with his family when he chose to study law at university rather than overseeing family sugar refineries. The revolution come just after he returned and prepared to lead the family business. Jan joined the revolution thanks to his connection to Prague cultural and intellectual elite, but became quite disenchanted with it after the execution of Emperor Ferdinand. The goals of liberals were fully achieved but for unacceptable price. Nevertheless, he was the major benefactor of Národí listy (National Newspaper) - liberal newspapers that become prominent during the revolution and due to his acceptability to both old aristocracy and new bourgeoisie elites he become a councilor for Bohemia.

Councillor Von Salzburg, I am afraid I cannot join your Faction. Your party's undiluted reactionism and militarism dissuades me from membership of your group at this time, although I do believe your intentions are nonetheless honourable. It is for the stability and safety of the Federation and it's peoples that I do not canvass for the immediate restoration of the Monarchy, and likewise why I do not support unnecessary conflicts with our European partners. I shall maintain my neutrality in political parties, as George Washington did, atleast for the duration of this presidential election.

- Károly Vörös de Nyitra, Councillor for Hungary

I respect that Karoly, I think I will have to keep an eye on you. The people like a moderate man in the times of impeding war, strange that you reference George Washington as he an american politician.

Countrymen, lend me your ears!

I, Boier Ion Horsa Codrinaru wish to present the following bill:

I wish to present the Second Supplex Libellus Valachorum Transsilvaniae, or Petition of the Romanians of Transylvania as a constitutional ammendment

It shall contain the following:
I) That Romanians be granted equal status within the Confederation as the Germans and Hungarians
II) That the Transylvanian portion of the Upper House be given purportional representation
III) That the Confederation will stop all attempts at Magyarization of the the Transylvanian state

we don't need more distress in the upper house and more revolutions across the country to get their men also heard. The romanians are no better than the italians,polish,slovs,or croats. So it is either give everyone fair representation or no one.

I vote a solid NO on this, we don't need more distress in the upper house and more revolutions across the country to get their men also heard. The romanians are no better than the italians,polish,slovs,or croats. So it is either give everyone fair representation or no one.

((We are not voting on this yet; to prevent things getting messy, only when I say so can you vote on things. You can, however, voice your opinion on the proposed legislation.))

we don't need more distress in the upper house and more revolutions across the country to get their men also heard. The romanians are no better than the italians,polish,slovs,or croats. So it is either give everyone fair representation or no one.
I'd rather fair representation than the current system.

I respect that Karoly, I think I will have to keep an eye on you. The people like a moderate man in the times of impeding war, strange that you reference George Washington as he an american politician.

I referred to George Washington mostly out of necessity, given that his suitation and decisions are rather unique in the political world, and as such have been rarely copied by other men. Let us not forget that this Federation seems to be derive more than a little inspiration from Washington's United States. But perhaps a better reference, for my goals and aspirations, would be the Roman Cincinnatus, who rose to defend his country, and then immediately after the threat was dealt with, returned to his farm. Although unlike Cincinnatus, I do not intend to retire from political life when the peril to the country has been resolved.

As to this Romanian Bill, I am completely opposed. Although I can tolerate the creation of a Transylvanian State, I cannot agree with the disproportionate representation of Romanians in the Federal Government, as the bill intends. And further more, the conclusion of 'Magyarisation', a complete misrepresentation by the Romanians in any case, cannot be tolerated. The end of policies that support and protect the Hungarian population in Transylvania, labelled as 'Magyarisation', would completely violate and remove the rights of the Hungarian population.

- Károly Vörös de Nyitra, Councillor for Hungary

((Ahawk, it may be advisable to settle with three presidential candidates and begin the election now. I don't think another candidate is going to emerge, especially since the main three political groupings we have seem to have, have representatives.))

(( And here's a lurker throwing his hat into the ring!

Michal_Miloslav_Hod%C5%BEa.jpg

Name: Petr Šik
Date of Birth: 21th August 1820
Place of Birth: Brno, Bohemia
Bio: The eldest son from a family of middle class art merchants, he was part of a Czech Nationalist and Republican society with fellow students at the Charles University of Prague. Whilst in his early 20s he was anti-German, uncomfortable with the power the Austrian state had over the Czech majority in Bohemia, the revolution of '48 left him with a begrudging respect for the German revolutionaries. Having served on the barricades in Prague, and having risen to command of his group of left-wing students, he found himself with a council position. Šik considers himself a Republican first and a Czech second, and will oppose furiously any attempts at "counter-revolution".

I saw a serious lack of Czech lefties on the roster, I had to act! I hope this is okay, I haven't posted on this forum in a while.))

EDIT: His legacy is described Here.

EDIT: He later becomes Clint Eastwood.

Last edited:
I saw a serious lack of Czech lefties on the roster, I had to act! I hope this is okay, I haven't posted on this forum in a while.))
((I think I am going to like you)) I am opposed to this bill for the same reasons voiced above, it merely adds to the groups in the Empire that exploit and discriminate against the rest. We must work together to create a state that provides equal rights for all, rather than just some.

Countrymen, lend me your ears!

I, Boier Ion Horsa Codrinaru wish to present the following bill:

I wish to present the Second Supplex Libellus Valachorum Transsilvaniae, or Petition of the Romanians of Transylvania as a constitutional ammendment

It shall contain the following:
I) That Romanians be granted equal status within the Confederation as the Germans and Hungarians
II) That the Transylvanian portion of the Upper House be given purportional representation
III) That the Confederation will stop all attempts at Magyarization of the the Transylvanian state

You style your party as a party of Slavs and Eomanians, yet your amendment is for Romanians only. What about the Slav part? What about equal representation of Czechs, Poles, Croats and others? What about Italians - they are also treated unequally? And what about Slovaks, that are Magyarized just like the Romanias are, but they lack any representation.

I propose that the bill should be splited, because it tries to solve too much many problems at once and instead I propose this constitutional amendment: Each state is given two seats in upper house. As is the law in the United States of America, each state is treated equal in upper house, regardless of its size, wealth or history.

((Ahawk, it may be advisable to settle with three presidential candidates and begin the election now. I don't think another candidate is going to emerge, especially since the main three political groupings we have seem to have, have representatives.))

((Precisely what I was thinking and I think there is fairly broad consensus as to the results of the vote;

The Krakow Act fails (Council: 14-6 against; Assembly: 96-52 against)

Please can Jako and Niko PM me their manifestos, which should include slider options, foreign policies, desired domestic reforms etc plus anything relevant you want to add))

(( And here's a lurker throwing his hat into the ring!

Name: Petr Šik
Date of Birth: 21th August 1820
Place of Birth: Brno, Bohemia
Bio: The eldest son from a family of middle class art merchants, he was part of a Czech Nationalist and Republican society with fellow students at the Charles University of Prague. Whilst in his early 20s he was anti-German, uncomfortable with the power the Austrian state had over the Czech majority in Bohemia, the revolution of '48 left him with a begrudging respect for the German revolutionaries. Having served on the barricades in Prague, and having risen to command of his group of left-wing students, he found himself with a council position. Šik considers himself a Republican first and a Czech second, and will oppose furiously any attempts at "counter-revolution".

((Yea the czech do have the biggest population in the federation i believe :D)) Petr might I interest you a position in the royal faction? We strongly support the military and will work towards thinning the line between the minorities but still keeping the german dominance in-place, we are also generally conservative while myself ((leader of the faction)) is a reactionary, though that does not mean we cannot work together!

((Shouldn't be the voting open till Wednesday? And would a bohemian vote change anything?))

((Technically, it should, but the vote was so far gone, particularly in terms of the Council where they already had a majority against without any votes from three states, plus, I'm keen to move us on to a point where one of you is actually the leader of this country...))

((Precisely what I was thinking and I think there is fairly broad consensus as to the results of the vote;

The Krakow Act fails (Council: 14-6 against; Assembly: 96-52 against)

Please can Jako and Niko PM me their manifestos, which should include slider options, foreign policies, desired domestic reforms etc plus anything relevant you want to add))
((I just sent it, I open the seat for a my running mate first come first served (im looking for a moderate conservative) ))

Name: Alfonz Aljaz
Date of Birth: 5th January 1800
Place of Birth: Selje, Slovenia
Culture: Slovenian
Position: Councillor for Carnolia
Party: Slavic and Romanian Liberal Party
Bio: Originally a minor aristocrat Aljaz invested his dwindling and unsustainable family fortunes in industry, opening one of the first factories in the Austrian Empire. In favour of economic reform he was quick to join the republican cause in Slovenia and would go on to advocate the adoption of economic liberalism in the new Danubian Federation, though more socially conservative than many in the SRLP.

Last edited:
I vote YES on the Krakow Act. The Tsar is not foolish enough risk losing his hold over the Polish people by sending them against their brothers in the Federation, considering there have been Polish uprisings in this area not two years ago. We simply take Krakow, secure the Prince, and incorporate it into the Polish state within the Federation.

I unfortunately must tell the house that I will vote no on the Transylvanian Petition. Whilst as a Federation of various peoples who are all equal in the eyes of God, and we must respect and protect the rights of minorities in our Federation - there is a major issue with this amendment. If we are to minimise the superiority the Austrians and Hungarians have in the upper house, it is foolish to act as if the Polish and Czech "minorites" do not also suffer from the inequalities in our Union.
If the Romanian gentleman would allow, I would ask that the act passes with the promise that similar rights will extended to the Czech and Polish people with much haste, or otherwise allow such liberties to included in an extended version of his Petition. If this is granted, then it would have my full support.

To the German gentleman, von Salzburg, it would be absurd for me to support a cause of a Royalist, Pro-German reactionary when I have fought most of my life against such things.

- Petr Šik, Councillor for Bohemia

((is it cool if I can set up a Far-Left party? I don't want to be all "lol I just showed up here is my one million things I want to do" :laugh:))

Last edited:
I would like to support a humble new law for the Congress of the Federation to take into consideration:

The Peoples of the Federation Act

a) The Peoples of the Fedearation are defined as the Germans, the Hungarians, the Czechs, the Poles, the Croatians, the Slovenes, the Italians and the Romanians within the old borders of the Habsburg Monarchy

b) The ethnic groups of the Federation are thus Germans, Hungarians, Czechs, Poles, Croatians, Slovenes, Italians and Romanians

c) These groups are equal and have equal rights

d) In each part of the Federation where a large minority of one of these groups exist they have the right of representation (for example Germans in Bohemia are granted seats in both Bohemian and Federal legislature)

e) Local autonomous councils are granted to areas dominated by a minority that can be defined as one of these groups (for example a Romanian autonomous Council in Bukovina within Galizia)

Considering Transylvania: You know what I think about it, so it's a clear NO. Although I think we should aim for equal representation of all Constiguent Parts of the Federation in the Upper House at some point, now it's just too early.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.