• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(25633)

First Lieutenant
Feb 11, 2004
Greetings,

Bought DH 1.02 about a month ago, and have been having a great time with just the 1914 scenario--haven't even tried the later ones yet!

I was wondering if the 1914 scenario in the beta is even better than what I now have.

If so, I might go ahead and try the beta--but, if not so much, then I'll stick with what I have, as I like the WWI period.

As I have said before, I have been having more fun with DH than I have in ages with other games

Corsair

Hi Corsair,

I'm glad you enjoy the game! :)

WWI scenario is revised in patch 1.03 and it's database has been improved, that's for sure.
IMO 1.03 is a great improvement over 1.02 and people should go for it, but as we changed a lot of things in it some of the changes are not fully polished yet and others you could not like as much as you do in 1.02.
The good thing is that you can make a copy of your current game folder, apply the patch there, give it a try and then decide if you would like to use 1.02 until 1.03 goes final (it is still a beta), or make 1.03 your main game version from now. :)

Thanks for the info!

I might try making the copy once I'm done with my current campaign.

This is my 3rd or 4th attempt as Germany in the 1914 scenario, using the 28-year extension, employing a counter-factual "Russia-First".

I just succeeded--for the second time--in imposing a Harsh Brest-Litovsk, and I must say that it was quite a rush!

I now only have France, Switzerland and Italy to deal with--I have put paid to Serbia, Montenegro and Romania, and have ducked war with the UK so far.

It's now January 1917, and I very much look forward to seeing what Germany looks like in 1942.

Might try 1.03 thereafter.

While I am thinking of it: is there a good way to provoke war with the UK in the mid-twenties?

Thanks again for a great experience!

Corsair

a